Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gas prices and car prices raising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas prices and car prices raising?

As gas prices go up people are changing from 8mpg trucks to 30+mpg hondas. I have seen many hondas since the prices have gone up. My dad has a truck that does 8mpg, so he drive my car everywhere now when I don't. He is thinking of trading his truck in for a car like mine. Will the prices of cars with high mpg go up? If they are when is a good time to buy a car that has good mpg?
    cb7sk8rdude

I've read that statistics have been showing an increase in sales for large cars and trucks. People that want such vehicles will pay the prices. I'm about to buy a 6.0L Cadillac myself.
    Of course, I also own a 1.5L Fit.

Comment

well that's the promblem....In japan...small cars are more expensive than most cars out there cause it's more fuel effieicient...Gas get's higher and people demand better gas saver than car with v6 or a v8....
      VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
      1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
      MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

if your willing to pay 100 bucks for gas.

Comment

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
          well that's the promblem....In japan...small cars are more expensive than most cars out there cause it's more fuel effieicient...
          Where did you hear this? This is totally not true. I was just in Japan for 3 months this year working and visiting relatives and browsed dealers like usual.

In Japan, the Kei cars with 658cc motors start from around $10,000. The econo cars like the Fit start from $13,000, the new Fit hybrid starts from $16,000, Civic hybrid starts around $22,000 and the base Accord (TSX over here in North America) starts from around $24,000. They are priced just the same as over here with smaller cars cheaper than bigger ones. I just used Honda as an example because this is a Honda board but it's the same for all brands.

The only small car that costs a lot are the new 100% electric cars like the Nissan Leaf starting from around $38,000.

Comment

In many countries, there are extra taxes and fees levied on less efficient cars.

Comment

hmm try paying $2.30+ per litre of fuel as we do.....

“I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me. Your car is your story, so don’t let someone else write the book.”
              — Mighty Car Mods

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                In many countries, there are extra taxes and fees levied on less efficient cars.
                $8,000 gas guzzler fee..... (CTS-V)

Comment

Its interesting how people look at saving gas where if you race your car youll spend a bit more. You have to pay to play so get used it. It must be fun to throw money in the furnace like that to not even being able to watch it go up in fumes.

My evo is fuel efficient only until I start racing it all crazy them bye,bye gas mileage. My srt is almost like that too only it saves a bit more. It's not so bad once you get a tune for that kind of situation though. Which is why Im more focused on getting my car tuned up for situations like this.

Comment

Working...
                  X