Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Advice/Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice/Opinion

How is everyone today? thanks for stopping by and reading what i have to say and maybe give me some advice or opinion ... I really wanna lower my car im new to this never done it before and for the longest I hate it but now that I have my honda I want to get into the customizing etc

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Thats a link that Im thinking about buying but I have NO clue if its any good and if you have some to throw in my direction and dont mine giving me the link that be awesome

91 lx that I call Cinnamon

Dude, suspension is one thing you do not want to cheap out on. stay off of ebay. that won't get you anything but a bunch of no-name low end parts, that are worse than stock, and will do nothing but ruin your ride. If you must use ebay to find parts, look for quality name brand stuff. here, read this completely. It will get you started.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177121

there are several sites that sell quality parts for our cars and I'm sure lots of people will chime in and let you know what they are. I know of several myself, but here is my personal favorite site for ordering parts. they provide excellent customer service and have pretty good prices too.......
    www.horsepowerfreaks.com

A few brands you want to keep in mind are
    Eibach
    H&R
    Skunk2
    Neuspeed
    Progress
    TEIN
    Megan Racing
    and the list goes on.......
    Last edited by JustSomeGuy; 05-02-2011, 08:41 AM.

Comment

This SHOULD be deleted, but I hate to see someone with a seriously misguided suspension plan go uncorrected, as that could be dangerous.

91LXGOLD, get quality parts. You will needs springs AND shocks to lower your car. The shocks should be compatible with the springs (drop and spring rate... cheap stock replacements won't cut it for a 2" drop)
      The brands listed above are decent, though I'm not a fan of the suspension parts offered by Skunk2 or Megan Racing. The rest are top quality.

My suggestion is H&R or Neuspeed, and Koni or Bilstein shocks. Ingalls or SPC camber kit.
      If you want adjustable coilover sleeves (remember you have to get an alignment every time you adjust them) then the only one I would ever trust would be Ground Control. Every other sleeve on the market for our cars that I've come across is crap.

Comment

thank you you two seriously thank you

91 lx that I call Cinnamon

Comment

It's not to say that everything on eBay is "crap" ..

I've bought some quality suspension parts on eBay like my first set of Eibach's.
          I just recently purchased a set of Function and Form type 2's from eBay ..
          Those are quality parts that have a reputation of being top line products.

No name stuff that is really inexpensive, should always be questioned.

The search function is sooo useful here 91LXGOLD .. use it, get to know it.
          I myself use the *advanced* version .. and, I use it to search *titles*.

It's hardly ever steered me wrong, as most everything that can be asked here at CB7T,
          has at one time or another been asked and covered in depth.

Good luck with your paticular set-up ..
          And welcome to CB7Tuner

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

A good suspension setup will cost you AT LEAST $500 new. Something to think about.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

When people say parts from ebay are crap, they generally are referring to the super-cheap "ebay" parts. Yes, you CAN get a name brand on ebay, but that's not the only place you can get them. The really cheap parts very often are sold exclusively, or at least primarily, on ebay.

Comment

It seems that all to often eBay gets a bad rap. Yes, there is crap on eBay, but you can manage to find crap anywhere. On the other hand, sometimes you can get a great deal on a legit part from someone just looking to make some a buck.

PSN ~ Ghostboost03
                Jimm@BavAuto.com

~1993 Accord LX
                ~2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
                ~2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege #1954 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Niteryder315 View Post
                  It seems that all to often eBay gets a bad rap. Yes, there is crap on eBay, but you can manage to find crap anywhere. On the other hand, sometimes you can get a great deal on a legit part from someone just looking to make some a buck.
                  Thank you for repeating what I just said.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Thank you for repeating what I just said.
                    At least he didn't say " x2 " or " this "

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      At least he didn't say " x2 " or " this "
                      x2.... Wait I mean

I had "ebay" coilovers.... Harsh ride. The biggest issue is the sleeve cracked on two of them... Not safe.

Comment

Also, if the spring/shock fits anything except a 90-97 Accord don't bother with it.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I was looking at those coilovers on ebay good thing i dident order them..

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                          Originally posted by keepinitclean
                          I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

If it's brand new and really cheap, it's probably crap. If it's used and really cheap, it may be a name brand... but beat to hell, and therefore crap.

Unless you really shop smart, or know someone, you really HAVE to spend some money to modify your suspension safely and effectively.

Comment

I checked the skunk2 site and they have some coilovers for around 250 ima have to break down and do it lol

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
                              Originally posted by keepinitclean
                              I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Working...
                              X