Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F23 vs h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I'd dog you even more for putting an H head on an F block. There are MANY reasons why that is a bad idea. I don't care how many people say "I did it and it's fine"... it's a bad idea.

And you milled a perfectly good head? Great. Now as soon as you overheat that motor once, that head is trash. You'll never be able to shave material off of it again. Also, milling throws off your valve timing. That's one of the worst ways to increase compression, unless you're expecting to build a disposable motor.

The Type S and Euro R H22s make 220 crank hp. But they're also stupidly expensive compared to the 200hp regular H22. The S and R have higher compression, better cams (same cams as the 200hp F20B), and a better intake manifold. I'm sure there are other differences as well, but those are the primary ones.

Even then, you'd need another 15whp or so to hit 200whp. That could be done with a Bisimoto header, but once all is said and done, you're looking at damn near $5000!

I agree about the 300 being a nice number. That's about where I'd stop for a DD. More than that, and you'll have a hard time keeping the tires planted.
    Forged is the way to go... and sleeved, too. The stock sleeves can hold quite a bit, but with turbo pistons knocking around in there, they're the next weak link in the motor design when it comes to turbo.
    Also, proper turbo pistons have a low silicon content, which makes them very strong, but they also expand... which means they'll be fitting rather loosely in the sleeves until the engine reaches operating temperature. That can take a toll on both pistons and sleeves over time with a daily driver. Unless there have been advances in piston construction that I am not aware of.
    The advances have been made in the rings, ring gap and hardness of the metal to work with expansion. That problem can be addressed with the hone of the block as well if your machine shop is worth a shit. Take them the pistons, rods, rings and block and they should give it back ready to roll.

Also, that problem is more prone in v engines, rather then inline.

Good comment though, most folks don't think much about the piston expansion issue. That's 99% of the reason letting your turbo car warm up is so important.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

wow this thread is awsome f vs h nothing better i would rather listen to. lol i would rather go with a f22a then that f23 engine never even thought about just dosent get that attention for a reason. but i guess if you have the motor and willing to give your self a head ache because you dont want to listen to whats said go ahead TURBO that B*** and watch it BLOW.. there goes money down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie93fourdoor View Post
        wow this thread is awsome f vs h nothing better i would rather listen to. lol i would rather go with a f22a then that f23 engine never even thought about just dosent get that attention for a reason. but i guess if you have the motor and willing to give your self a head ache because you dont want to listen to whats said go ahead TURBO that B*** and watch it BLOW.. there goes money down the drain.
        I've probably turbo'd more n/a cars then your entire family has owned. Set if up right, and it will not blow.
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
          I've probably turbo'd more n/a cars then your entire family has owned. Set if up right, and it will not blow.
          ok smart a**. since you want to flame you should learn how to SPELL. Now i didnt say nothing wrong about turbo but incase you cant read either this is what i said....

but i guess if you have the motor and willing to give your self a head ache because you dont want to listen to whats said go ahead TURBO that B*** and watch it BLOW.. there goes money down the drain.

now with that out the way if you have ALOT of MONEY then sure go ahead build it right and boost that F23 and im sure youll get plenty of HP.
          Last edited by Eddie93fourdoor; 04-21-2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie93fourdoor View Post
            ok smart a**. since you want to flame you should learn how to SPELL. Now i didnt say nothing wrong about turbo but incase you cant read either this is what i said....

but i guess if you have the motor and willing to give your self a head ache because you dont want to listen to whats said go ahead TURBO that B*** and watch it BLOW.. there goes money down the drain.

now with that out the way if you have ALOT of MONEY then sure go ahead build it right and boost that F23 and im sure youll get plenty of HP.
            Panties in a bunch? I didn't spell anything wrong, my stupid Droid put if in place of it.

Message stands. Turboing a motor doesn't equal fail if you know how to do it and what your doing.

How many n/a cars have you made turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I'd dog you even more for putting an H head on an F block. There are MANY reasons why that is a bad idea. I don't care how many people say "I did it and it's fine"... it's a bad idea.

And you milled a perfectly good head? Great. Now as soon as you overheat that motor once, that head is trash. You'll never be able to shave material off of it again. Also, milling throws off your valve timing. That's one of the worst ways to increase compression, unless you're expecting to build a disposable motor.
              I did not have it milled as far as they can go just enough to give me a fresh serfice and make the compression a little higher.. so if it dose over heat I can have it milled Aegean but Only dumbasses and ignorant women let cars overheat...
              Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
              93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

toycar, you need to chill, he did not attack you or your experience, nor did he ever make any reference to you or your comments, or make any claims that he is better than you in anyway.
                this is the second time i have seen you jump into the: "i am better than you are mode, all because i have built more motors than you".

please calm down, and be friendly, he NEVER once made any statement against you at all untill you attacked his post, he simply summed up what we were all saying from the beggining
                Last edited by KB7; 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM.
                _

Comment

Jeeez!!!! Touchy touchy

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by KB7Acoord View Post
                    toycar, you need to chill, he did not attack you or your experience, nor did he ever make any reference to you or your comments, or make any claims that he is better than you in anyway.
                    this is the second time i have seen you jump into the: "i am better than you are mode, all because i have built more motors than you".

please calm down, and be friendly, he NEVER once made any statement against you at all untill you attacked his post, he simply summed up what we were all saying from the beggining
                    You act like I am both wrong and the aggressor here. If you build a turbo motor correctly it will not blow up, and I have been working with turbocharging cars for almost 20 years.

So what? You trying to tell me that you don't speak from your experiences?

And I'm still wondering where I attacked anyone. I have truthfully built a lot of turbo systems, and when done correctly they do last.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                      You act like I am both wrong and the aggressor here. If you build a turbo motor correctly it will not blow up, and I have been working with turbocharging cars for almost 20 years.

So what? You trying to tell me that you don't speak from your experiences?

And I'm still wondering where I attacked anyone. I have truthfully built a lot of turbo systems, and when done correctly they do last.
                      toycar is just stating facts. He is right that if you turbo your car right you wont kill the engine. If he stated that he turboed allot of cars thats not really saying I am better then you its just saying I know what I am doing and am not a nube posting shit that is wrong just to post stuff and sound smart.

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                        I did not have it milled as far as they can go just enough to give me a fresh serfice and make the compression a little higher.. so if it dose over heat I can have it milled Aegean but Only dumbasses and ignorant women let cars overheat...
                        ugh that was painful to read

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          ugh that was painful to read
                          Its true

Comment

He's not talking about the meaning of your words... just the words themselves. It's almost impossible to understand what you type.

Anyway, a stock-block turbo setup will fail eventually, even set up properly. Well, every motor will fail eventually, but turbo does certainly increase the wear.

To be honest, the only use for this F23A1 is turbo, unless you want to throw a LOT of money at it for a level of performance that would me much cheaper to achieve with another motor.

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
                              Its true
                              No, because your lack of any grammar or spelling made it much harder to read

Comment

how the hell this thread get to five pages.

OP, why are you still here trying to make or explain your point. this is a 4th gen accord site, and your trying to build a 6th gen accord eng. why not just go to a 6th gen accord site. find a engine build one of there members is doing or have done, and blue print yours from that. this is a great site......but maybe not the best for your engine needs at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X