Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what to do about a bad job by a mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do about a bad job by a mechanic

whats up guy. just another great day on earth.

my mothers 01 crv timing belt broke. she took it to a local mechanic(we'll call him fred). all said and done she ended up paying for for a new head $$$$.

after it was done. it started throwing codes for all four cylinders.

she goes back to fred, and tells him something is wrong. he tells here that he doesn't have time to mess with her car all day. and to take it to (steve) who does a lot of work on local honda out of his garage. she ask can he take a look at it today, and or fix it today. i need this vehicle? fred starts to yell at her. say i dont know! i'm not fixing shit of paying for shit unless you take it to steve. blah blah blah! well i need this done soon. so i'll take it to scholfield honda she says. fred continues to be yell.

she's take it to scholfield. and what do they tell her? that the head wasn't put on correctly and the valves don't seat. $$$$.

should fred be paying for the work he did wrong?

who does fred think he is to tell her that she has to go to steve, and steve only if she wants her car to run correctly?

any feedback is appreciated. thanks you.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

fred probably knows he fucked up, and doesnt want to work on the car again, but steve will and maybe cover his ass?
    wat?

Comment

fred needs to pay for the bad work he did if fred dosent want to pay then take him to court. But if it was me he would have paid with his legs.

Comment

If you have a receipt that shows the work "Fred" did, and states that he replaced the head, tell him that he can either pay for his damage or you'll take him to court.

If you paid "under the table" and don't have a receipt showing proof of what he did... you're SOL.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          If you have a receipt that shows the work "Fred" did, and states that he replaced the head, tell him that he can either pay for his damage or you'll take him to court.

If you paid "under the table" and don't have a receipt showing proof of what he did... you're SOL.
          +1 basically Freds respobsible my dad owned a shop for years and there was 2 other shops in this one building and the guy in the back was a crook. He did shady shit like fred and got sued all the time and never won the customer is alway right. Take it to someone that knows what there doing and then sue for the cost of repair and get a little more for all the trouble.
          MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
            fred probably knows he fucked up, and doesnt want to work on the car again, but steve will and maybe cover his ass?
            maybe. or steve would do it for a cheaper price.

Originally posted by AgentZero View Post
            fred needs to pay for the bad work he did if fred dosent want to pay then take him to court. But if it was me he would have paid with his legs.
            i hear you! this guy has me heated. my lil sister talked to him to ask what exactly was going on. and he told her she was dumb and asked if she was going to go get her people to kick his ass. this guy is something else!

yes she does have the receipts. she showed scholfield. and one of there tecs is willing to call fred and clear some things up. i'm not sure if thats wise or not.

Originally posted by faqncb7 View Post
            +1 basically Freds respobsible my dad owned a shop for years and there was 2 other shops in this one building and the guy in the back was a crook. He did shady shit like fred and got sued all the time and never won the customer is alway right. Take it to someone that knows what there doing and then sue for the cost of repair and get a little more for all the trouble.
            good advise right here.

i've read this thread to her.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
              yes she does have the receipts. she showed scholfield. and one of there tecs is willing to call fred and clear some things up. i'm not sure if thats wise or not.
              That's not a bad idea at all. At the very least, he'll be a witness if this goes to court.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

he might want steve, to fix it because steve could be the only one that is able to fix his fuck up, for cheap

if you have reciepts keep them and have only fred fix your car
                you brought him a car that needed work, he needed to give you a running car
                timing belt breaking on a honda leads to bent valves on most engines
                he might have might have had a extra head he thought it was good, but ended up being defective he didnt know this thats why instead of repairing he replaced, now that he doesnt know if the head was the defective part, he wants you to take it to steve, because fred is a parts changer, no a real mechanic, steve is, now steve will do his job of diagnosing, so fred can do his parts changing

my opinion is if your tired of dealing with "DIARREAH", dont go to "TURD", because he looks more "SOLID"
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

thanks guys. we got a lawyer involved. i'll keep this updated.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                    he might want steve, to fix it because steve could be the only one that is able to fix his fuck up, for cheap

if you have reciepts keep them and have only fred fix your car
                    you brought him a car that needed work, he needed to give you a running car
                    timing belt breaking on a honda leads to bent valves on most engines
                    he might have might have had a extra head he thought it was good, but ended up being defective he didnt know this thats why instead of repairing he replaced, now that he doesnt know if the head was the defective part, he wants you to take it to steve, because fred is a parts changer, no a real mechanic, steve is, now steve will do his job of diagnosing, so fred can do his parts changing

my opinion is if your tired of dealing with "DIARREAH", dont go to "TURD", because he looks more "SOLID"
                    Or fred slapped a timing belt on and called it good.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Break his legs and act like he was going to attack you, lol no really be sincable, that sucks..

Comment

Fred is responsible if he did the job right the first time he wouldnt have to pay from the nose also I am guessing valves were bent that's why he had to do the head . make him pay in blood sorry dude good luck
                        Destiny Struggles To Reassert The Pattern That Was Meant To Be. Also Some Of These Members Are Wise Guys With There Wise Guy Answers . Also only inexperienced drivers put donuts in front . You can follow me but it's going to hurt!

Comment

That's not a bad idea at all. At the very least, he'll be a witness if this goes to court.
                          +1

my mom took my car to some guy she takes her's to so that he could "fix" my cat and welded it on the right way, it just needed to be flipped around... now instead of cutting the DP and turning the flange 180deg this dick chopped and welded my entire system... i was flamed and told him he had two options, fix it and buy me a new cat with flanges, or i will see him in court, he told me to GTFO after i sent him the 30 day warning letter, i got a call from his boss to go pick up my new cat and he would pay for me to get my cat-back re-done
                          he also managed to get water in her car's cylinders when all he had to do was replace a spark plug boot... if he doesn't get scared with the subpoena warning, this dude has balls of steel lol
                          good luck
                          Originally posted by scudweiser
                          it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

geez. he's prob a mechanic who learned over the shoulder and thinks he knows everything. I know a guy who does that. and everytime he messes up he actually brings it to me and gets it fixed before the customer knows something happened. he should've taken it to steve himself before even giving you the car. the good thing is if the honda dealer is going to fix it it should be done right. and have him pay for the costs and all the trouble.

Comment

Tell your friend, relative, co-work, any one you know about fred, tweet about fred. write a review about fred on yellow page. so next time some one google fred will not be fred next victum.

Comment

Working...
                              X