Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

naj3000 1992 prelude "S"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

naj3000 1992 prelude "S"

Hey guys my name is naj. I have been coming to this site for about a years steeling information and what no so i figured i should introduce my self. I drive a 92 prelude S BA8 (F22 equipped) located in tulsa oklahoma. Ive had the car for a year or so and havent really done much to her. I have spent 98% of my time on preludezone, but if any of ou have been there you would see that almost everyone there drives a Si with the H22 or H23 in it. So to say that F22 info is limited on that site is an understatement lls. But anyways here is the prelude

this is how the car sits now

I dont have a better picture other than the one below

As you can see the car is pretty stock other that the
    (Ebay) shortram
    (Skunk2) coilsleeves
    (KYB) struts
    and unknown Carbonfiber hood.

I have learned so much on this site so far its amazing. I have been around for a while but i have yet to see a 250 WHP N/A F22...
    Well my friend wait no longer. "i dont have it but still"
    I found this!!!
    http://www.onecamonly.com/showthread.php?t=2105&page=3
    I dont know how true it is but bisi tells us the secret to unlock the F22's power.

thats pretty good looking car.. and hey man its ok to have stock with some mods

Comment

Originally posted by the 4eyed flaco View Post
      thats pretty good looking car.. and hey man its ok to have stock with some mods
      haha thanx and your right there is nothing wrong with stock. For MOST hondas stock is sexy!

Comment

Well man you've come to F22A central. Well maybe not but a good amount of us have F22A's so there is quite a bit of knowledge on them here.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It wasn't until recently that we really considered the F22A worthwhile... before, it was "boost the F22A, or swap in an H22/H23/F20B" Now, we're realizing that it's a great motor!

One comment about your suspension... that's a TERRIBLE pairing. Those Skunk2 sleeves (a product I truly do not like...) are far too stiff and low for KYB shocks, which are all made for springs that have a fairly low spring rate (not very stiff) and don't drop your car more than 1.5".

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            It wasn't until recently that we really considered the F22A worthwhile... before, it was "boost the F22A, or swap in an H22/H23/F20B" Now, we're realizing that it's a great motor!

One comment about your suspension... that's a TERRIBLE pairing. Those Skunk2 sleeves (a product I truly do not like...) are far too stiff and low for KYB shocks, which are all made for springs that have a fairly low spring rate (not very stiff) and don't drop your car more than 1.5".
            terrible huh? well the car has about a 2.25 drop. And the ride is smooth. After a while it feels like stock. And I am running a set of adjustable KYB with are actually recommended for adjust sleeves. And the point of lowering the car was for a stiffer suspension anyways. lol but thanks for your comments. Allways good to know what others may have to think.

Comment

KYB AGX? They aren't meant for a stiff spring rate, or a drop lower than 1.5"

I'm not downing your car... just informing you that your suspension is not a very good setup. You would benefit greatly from an upgrade to Ground Control coilovers (if you must have adjustable) and Koni Yellow shocks. The car would be much more responsive with those parts, and more importantly, it would be safer.

I love how everyone takes my comments regarding suspension as opinion... "it rides smooth" means nothing. It is a fact that improperly matched suspension components function poorly, and wear quickly. Trust me on this. Or rather... don't trust me. Do some research and learn that information for yourself!

Comment

I like that year prelude I drive my buddys all the time he has h23 with a h22 head bossted runing 10 pounds daily and I must say the look and feel of that year prelude should've been rwd.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                  I like that year prelude I drive my buddys all the time he has h23 with a h22 head bossted runing 10 pounds daily and I must say the look and feel of that year prelude should've been rwd.
                  haha yea alot of people feel that way. lol Boosted H23vtecs are so beast up! id love to have one!! But i love my low and slow F22 she does exactly what i need her to do.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                    thats a hella slick looking lip on that accord you got there btw.

Comment

Working...
                    X