Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Performance-suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance-suspension

Could someone just tell me what shocks and struts to buy. Reasonably priced and around $800. + a link. Thanks

koni yellows, go to neuspeed.com

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Thank you, is this right?http://www.koni-na.com/cat_search.cf...&submit=Search
      Last edited by fi2hm; 03-27-2011, 11:06 PM.

Comment

The yellow one.

You didn't bother looking at anything on your own, did you?

Koni Yellow shocks.
        Neuspeed springs, H&R springs, Tein springs, Eibach springs... there are many good brands to choose from. Just get one that's high quality... not some cheap brand from ebay. Fortunately, your price range is about right for quality.

Remember to factor in the cost of an alignment... and a camber kit wouldn't be a bad idea either (especially if you go lower than 2")

Comment

I'm looking, I promise ha. Thanks for the info about alignment i didn't know I would need to do that. Also, what is the use of a camber kit?

Comment

I suggest you read this:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=470
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Function and Form Type 1 coilovers. $600 and ride height adjustable. Also they are the whole self contained unit so you dont have to worry about messing with a spring compressor.

Comment

I have before, just not the whole thing. Now I did. Thank ya!

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                  Function and Form Type 1 coilovers. $600 and ride height adjustable. Also they are the whole self contained unit so you dont have to worry about messing with a spring compressor.
                  Is this legit?

Comment

Originally posted by fi2hm View Post
                    Is this legit?
                    Um, yeah?

I have them on my car.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...&postcount=128
                    Last edited by EJX_Michael; 03-27-2011, 11:29 PM.

Comment

The only thing about an adjustable suspension... if you don't know what you're doing, the adjustability is wasted. I prefer to have non-adjustable springs than a set of coilovers that I don't have the knowledge to properly set. Though the fact that it eliminates the necessity to use a spring compressor while installing is definitely a plus. That part is a pain... and can be scary. If it fails, it could kill you.

fi2hm, I suggest you do a bit of research on what is involved with lowering a car. Research the process of doing it, how it affects the car, and what the different parts do.

Read the 'sticky' threads in the suspension section of this forum. Research things like camber, toe, tire wear, alignment (and why it is necessary), spring rate...
                      You really seem to have very little knowledge about what you are asking about, and when it comes to suspension, that can be VERY dangerous. Screw that up, and you could crash. Know what you're doing before you even think about buying a single part.

Comment

Ok I did.

Comment

Working...
                        X