Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hook up auto cb7??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hook up auto cb7??

whats goodie people, i have 91 accord and its automatic, . I get mad inspired when i look at all the cb7's on this site. my cb7 only has 55k on it and other then a few dings an bs issues its mint. i wanna have it look and drive sick but is it worth it to hook up an automatic cb7?

What? I'm sorry to be confused but are you looking to make your auto a manual?
    Originally posted by Dr. Shuffles
    Prius? Fuck that shit. I can't afford those things. Why do you think I'm driving a Honda that's old enough to buy beer?

Comment

theres many advantages to having a manual transmission i hope u know how to drive stick if you plan on swaping everything to stick. keeping it auto depends on exactly what you want to do to the car.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138029 <-mrt

diy whore riiittteeee here
      [URL="http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2208455"]
      http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/members/pr3pg4lyfe.html

Comment

You'd be surprised how many cars on here that you'd think would be a stick are actually automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by blowme123 View Post
          but is it worth it to hook up an automatic cb7?
          There is no difference between the two (other than the obvious) so I don't understand why hooking up an auto would be any less tight than hooking up a manual. The cars both look, act, smell and taste the same. It all depends on if u prefer shifting or not. And unless u plan on selling ur shit and getting a stick or swapping in a stick then ur pretty much stuck with that so might as well do what u do.

Comment

No my car is automatic,i wasn't looking to making it into stick( i do know how to drive stick) i wasn't sure if there was really any difference between the two. As for preference i don't really have one between stick or auto, a few people i talked to where acting like it was a waste of time to put any time or money into hooking up an automatic, like doing headers, exhaust, maybe even a motor swap down the road to an h22 .... so i had to ask cb7 heads there opinions on the matter, thats all.

Comment

No my car is automatic,i wasn't looking to making it into stick( i do know how to drive stick) i wasn't sure if there was really any difference between the two. As for preference i don't really have one between stick or auto, a few people i talked to where acting like it was a waste of time to put any time or money into hooking up an automatic, like doing headers, exhaust, maybe even a motor swap down the road to an h22 .... so i had to ask cb7 heads there opinions on the matter, thats all.
              i drive an auto put i prefer stick but my g/f dont know how to drive stick but anyways im doin the samething to a stick and an auto. but its up to you if you want to put the money into your car. i have done header and exhaust on mine. my first cb was stick and i did the same thing and it feels and drives the same. but no its not a waist of time.

Comment

I dont see a problem. Cam it!

But the auto is gonna suck up more power than the manual. Otherwise its personal preference.
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Cool thanks guys

Comment

If you get to the point where you're tuning your ECU, the auto can be tricky. Not impossible, but more complicated to do. Many amateur tuners stay away from the autos for that reason. The auto transmissions in these cars are often terribly abused by people that don't know how to maintain them, so they tend to fail when you increase power.

Have you ever changed the fluid in your transmission? I bet that's 20 year old, 55,000 mile transmission fluid in there... Most people never change it, and it does major damage.
                    If you haven't already, change it with fresh Honda ATF (ONLY... no other fluid, no additives.)

Comment

umm no i never changed the fluid, but im deff gonna do that asap... good lookz on all the imput

Comment

There is a HUGE difference in the way these cars drive with an auto or a manual.

My SE for instance, had the 140hp A6 in it with an auto. Had the most powerful engine available for an Accord, and I had a full catback and SRI on it and low miles.

I drove an LX sedan, 5 speed (base model), with the A1, and 125 or 130hp, whichever they're rated at, and it was bone stock, with over 200k miles, and that thing felt like a turbo Porsche compared to my auto SE.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                          There is a HUGE difference in the way these cars drive with an auto or a manual.
                          I'm not sure if the huge difference is in the way the car itself drives or the way the driver is driving the car. If ur driving a stick by the book, shifting at the proper intervals and whatnot, then I don't really see any significant difference. But of course hardly anybody with a stick does that. Driving stick gives you a bit more control vs auto where u have limited control (as far as speed and all that). I myself prefer auto at the end of the day. I've driven sticks for so long I'm really at the point in my life where I just like to kick back and drive. I suppose it just boils down to what ur trying to do as far as performance. Like Deev said, people that are perfomance driven usually don't bother with autos. But there are possibilties with autos, u can even swap in an H22 or H23 auto if need be. So it all just depends.

Comment

whats goodie people, i have 91 accord and its automatic, . I get mad inspired when i look at all the cb7's on this site. my cb7 only has 55k on it and other then a few dings an bs issues its mint. i wanna have it look and drive sick but is it worth it to hook up an automatic cb7?
                            I was in the same boat as you for a little bit. My coupe is also auto but has low miles too. I say, don't worry so much about performance upgrades just yet. Prioritize fixing anything that needs to be fixed, then work on suspension and brakes. A little intake won't matter whether it's an auto or manual but it helps the engine breathe better so that would be a good starting mod too.

When you get more posts, look at the performance tech. section of the forum and look for the Auto thread, lots of inspiration in there.

Comment

I've read the thread, and I must have missed something. But, WTF does "hook up auto CB7" mean?
                              Yes, this is a real question... with no negative connotation.

1999 BMW M3
                              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                              X