Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whats your automotive level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got enough tools and brains and a "bad" habit of buying service factory manuals, so I can do just about anything. Transmissions still terrify me though (rebuilding them), never touched one of those, manual or automatic.
    Last edited by foamypirate; 03-17-2011, 03:39 PM.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Im no expert but I use my experience from that I have gained and use that knowledge on other cars. I would say my experience is a nine out of ten. I go back and do my research and also get a second opinion. My experience has saved me from working on my cb to transfering from my srt to my evo. I got the tools and I have the know-how so I do not rest until the task is completed.

Comment

Hmm.

Technical: I'd go with a 6 maybe. I've been able to tackle most problems I've had with this and other cars, can troubleshoot well, but haven't tackled anything major like a swap

Appearance: about an 8, I have done many a blockhouse and retrofit, can do basic body work and painting pretty well. I pretty much can fab anything if I want.

Audio: I'd say a 9. I've been mecp certified for years, have dealt with some pretty crazy problems involving high end vehicles lol. I've troubleshooted 12 volt systems till my fingers bled and can do a pretty decent fiberglass job too.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
        Traded with: Cb7xChun
        Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
        Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
        My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

the examples are terrible for me

my diagnostics skills are pretty good and i can diagnois electrical problems pretty decent too

but i've never swapped any motors before

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            the examples are terrible for me

my diagnostics skills are pretty good and i can diagnois electrical problems pretty decent too

but i've never swapped any motors before
            Its kol i know you really cant rate this in one category.mainly because some people know alot about one thing, and nothing about another.and i just didnt. wana make 3 threads. Its just for beginners like me to get a feel for where im at on the scale and how far i need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by WiggneedsJDM View Post
              Did i miss that class? I pop my hood and get fry my brain trying to figure out how to take the bumper off...
              sorry, lol.

Maybe I should say, "anyone can pick up a wrench, but knowing how to diagnose is a totally differnt world".

I give credit for anyone trying. Im not attempting to put anyone down. But those who get my props is those who take the time to diagnose things instead of swapping and changing stuff.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I'd put myself at aroung a 6. Basic maintenance, bolt-ons, audio set-ups, wiring, interior, a little painting, some custom work, and various other things with a few different cars.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

Audio/electrical...10 That's my specialty
                  Engine...3ish I haven't blown anything up yet.
                  Cosmetics...3 Vacuum, wash, wax is all I know

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I'm 'bout a 7.5. I've done mid-range to complicated amounts of body work. A modest amount of various DIY's have been accomplished accurately. I'm in the process of organizing a motor build, so techinaclly I haven't done it yet. Although, I have done a shit load of reading. I can pretty much do anything I set my mind to. I've done some complex electrical work to a degree.

H22 swap is probably in summer. I don't have the time right now due to school. I did a timing belt and water pump with the F22 engine in the car about 3 or 4 years ago. That was a learning experience. I can probably do a T.B. & W.P. now maybe in 2 or so hours.

Most if not all maintenance on my car is done by me. Give me a year or so and I'll be at an 8.5/9 or so.
                    Last edited by Straight Success; 03-17-2011, 10:54 PM.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Over 9000.

Actually 1.
                      Current:
                      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                        Over 9000.

Actually 1.

LOL.

Comment

mechanical, id say a 5, ive helped my dad swap engines and i helped him rebuild an auto tranny, ive changed fuel pumps, oil, plugs, you know the basics, im starting to get better at diagnosing problems

audio is bout a 3, i know how to hook up an amp to the deck, just cant hook the deck to the car O_o

appearance would be 3 also, minor body work is still a little challenging for me, but im getting there haha

Comment

i'd say i'm at a 7 or 8. i havent done any tuning, but i'm sure after doing the research i'd be able to fairly well. I'm in the middle of a tuck/swap/bay shave at the moment and have taught myself everything needed to do it, including the welding. I've worked on numerous air suspensions, helped back-half a mini-truck, completely re-wired a civic, etc. just about the only thing i havent done is re-built a motor. i've even put together (and taken apart, and put back together, and taken apart...) an experimental hydrogen fuel cell powered SUV.

as for diagnostics skills, i'd say i'm fairly decent (a bunch of people at school come to me when they have car problems) but still have a lot to learn.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Ive built tons of motors. Probably somewhere in the ball park of 60 or so. Some for profit, some for fun, some for daily drivers.

Ive built/fab'd/tuned so many turbo systems since the early 90's when I started playing, that i couldnt tell you even a guess as to how many.

Ive broken more parts then most people have bought.

I personally have blown 7 DSM engines, 3 LS1's, 5 302's, 2 455HO's as well as countless transmissions/cylinder heads

I have only had 1 car problem come up that I wasnt able to diagnose;

leak in the evap canister, causing irregular pressure in the gas tank.

F-that, that was BS.

Body work, done a little. I converted a Talon to Targa tops, that was sick. My wifes uncle owns a hot rod shop in Iowa. Hes taught me alot about body work, in exchange for free labor. So Ive gotten my hands dirty on a pleathera of chops, suicide doors, verticle doors, self lifting hoods, hood levered truck box lids, hydraulics, air bag systems, shaved handles etc....

Highlights;

-I helped wire/fab mounts for a dirty max engine(chevy) in a ford F550 car hauler.

-I helped a buddy do an RB25 swap on an s13/s14 conversion.

-I helped a long time friend do a 2jze in a Cobra mustang.

-I competed at the engine masters challened in 1998, didnt finish though due to blown head gasket

-My Dad has an original Dodge charger Hemi that was completely frame off rotisserie'd and rebuilt.

-I personally have 3 DSM's that are all custom turbo'd. I also have a 1968 firebird with a 455Ho swap from a 73 grand prix, paired with a 4spd turbo tranny. Those are my toys.

-A couple of my buddies and I all chipped in and swapped a stroker 429 into a fox body mustang(notchback) and converted it to fuel injection, then E85, then twin turbo. We used 460 heads to convert, and this was by far the hardest build/swap/learning experience for me/us.

-My buddy dropped a 5.3L vortec engine with a th400 tranny into an e36 BMW and then swapped over some corvette goodies to make a monster power house. When we got that done, we decided to go E85 and turbo.

-My Great Uncle built an indy car with an original flat top engine hes had since the 50's.

-I personally have visited Jay leno's garage.

-I have also met Jesse James, and been to west coast customs.

-I drove a RHD evo 3 in japan, in 1995. It wasnt my car, but jesus christ was it the shit!

I have an awesome storybook about Justins life of cars, that any real car enthusiast would prolly shed a tear to. Its beautifull. Ive got pictures from 20 years worth of car loving in my book, along with notes and entries that outline what I was doing and when as well as why.

POINT OF MY RANT; CB7TUNERS taught me alot about Hondas too!

Am I a pro, no freaking way. Do people pay me for my help/expertise? Yup, yes sir. I am well known in my community, and have gotten my hands dirty plenty.

BUT, I still learn new stuff all the time. So to say anyone is a 10 or an 8 or ??? is blasphemy.

I am adequate, and confident that I can take on any car project my heart desires. Does that mean I have the answers, no not at all.

It means I am capable and willing to learn-which was my point of my rant.

As long as you guys are patient, you will get there. Youve got nothing but time, so pace yourselves.
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by s_wixom View Post
                                mechanical, id say a 5, ive helped my dad swap engines and i helped him rebuild an auto tranny, ive changed fuel pumps, oil, plugs, you know the basics, im starting to get better at diagnosing problems
                                You may be a five in the rest of the world. but out of the skill of people on here, im sure theres a few people on here who would say your a 6-6.5 maybe a 7.

I only know what a fuel pump even looks like because i saw one get changed on a AE86 in a project car mag.

Comment

Working...
                                X