Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I have been irresponsible, and I apologize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been irresponsible, and I apologize.

I realize that I have been losing my temper in this section as of late. For that, I apologize. I am setting a bad example., by not following the rules that I expect everyone else to follow.

There is to be no flaming in this section. No question is stupid. Well, that's not true... but if the question IS stupid, you have 2 choices... either answer the question, or ignore it.
    DO NOT post in the thread telling the member to search.
    DO NOT post in the thread telling them that they are stupid.
    DO NOT post in the thread to laugh at them, insult them, or do anything BUT answer their question.

If you must comment on the quality of their post... be it the question itself, their poor typing skills, or anything else that they may have to say... do so with a bit of tact... and do so ONLY if you are going to contribute to the discussion in some useful manner.
    Be aware that even a "tactful" comment may get you banned if someone takes it the wrong way. So if you must make such comments, know that there may be consequences.

Bans for flaming are rarely permanent, unless the flaming is truly out of hand (or extremely hurtful or insulting...) But still, nobody wants to get banned.

Thank you.

I actually noticed this. But who am I to say anything, sometimes I say smart sarcastic comments too, I do try and help out though.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Free logo decals? Jk.
      -Will

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Bans for flaming are rarely permanent, unless the flaming is truly out of hand (or extremely hurtful or insulting...) But still, nobody wants to get banned.
        Getting banned from this website might actually be a good thing for me That means my lazy butt will go outside and be active instead of reading new posts every 5 minutes lol but in all reality no flaming is what brings in new people! My friend left club RSX due to flaming on the first day

Comment

Originally posted by tonymontana1204 View Post
          I actually noticed this. But who am I to say anything, sometimes I say smart sarcastic comments too, I do try and help out though.
          Eh, if you ever notice it, feel free to say something. There's a BIG difference between a respectful "hey man, you might be getting a little out of line" and "yo you gotz 2 chill cuz. we aint idiets hear so u dont have 2 be a fukin ass bout shyt!!!!!!!!1111oneoneoneone!!!"

Sometimes I'm just in a lousy mood... more often than not, lately. The idiots on here irritate me, and rather than just ignore it, I open fire. The rules apply to me as well (except that I really can't be banned...)

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
          Free logo decals? Jk.
          I guarantee some dumbass is going to see that and ask for free decals now...

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
          Getting banned from this website might actually be a good thing for me That means my lazy butt will go outside and be active instead of reading new posts every 5 minutes lol but in all reality no flaming is what brings in new people! My friend left club RSX due to flaming on the first day
          Very true. Though I have to admit... when we get new members that type like they have an IQ low enough to show on 2 hands, with a finger left to pick their nose... I DO kinda try to chase them away. If they can't type like they have a brain, then we really don't need them on this forum!

Comment

Sooooooo about free decals?? jk haha I hate having the money but being underaged!!

Comment

I forgive you deev.

Seriously though, you bring up a good point. No reason to flame someone in an off-topic section. Doesn't excuse laziness, but sometimes I'd rather come on here and ask a question rather than google it cause I almost see people on here as "friends" even though I've only ever met one member on here. I think the overall moral of this site is much higher than many other honda forums, especially Hater-Tech. Let's keep it that way!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Exactly. Asking a question, ESPECIALLY in off-topic, stimulates discussion... and that's where we get to know each other! That's actually encouraged.

Though "wut enginez can i put in mah wip?" questions get old.
                There are "beginner" questions, and there are "lazy" questions. There's a difference. Normally, I can differentiate between the two (as well as the style of typing)... many other members can't, but they follow my example and start flaming people that are asking legitimate "beginner" questions.

Comment

All this was goin on while I was away for a minute. Can you please type a little clearer Nine Deuce thanks.

Comment

hahahha sorry if i piss you off sometimes...even though i know some post aren't where it supposed to be!!!!! But your just doing your job!!!!!!!!!!!!!....i just got mad just two weeks ago where you ban me for a week and a half....lol and i wanted to find diy for parts in the junkyard since it was my only day off for me and my dad and the junkyard was like 1 hour highway drive.............so we cancelled it since i couldn't go on the forum to find good parts to find!!!!....but it's all good thanks to you.....i got to find a another forum in my province. I got to save more money for suspension instead of buying sttuff at junkies!!!!! and i spend time with family instead of everyday on the computer!!!!!
                    Last edited by mercyboy; 02-23-2011, 11:34 PM.
                    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce
                      I've noticed this as well, but, I was banned for a week for whatever reason. I wasn't going to say anything, but, I need to clean out my closet and get a lot of shit off my chest, not just on this forum, but in life in general. So, here goes... I've noticed you've been talking a lot of shit about people, calling them names, whatever the case, things that can and have gotten other members on this forum banned. You are the owner, therefore, I feel you should hold yourself to a higher regard and be better than that, I mean, the way I look at it is like this; say I'm a new comer, I lurk around for a while, getting a feel for the way this place is ran, I see you constantly boasting about being the owner, and I also see you talking shit about someone, calling them names, flaming them, what have you, then in the same breath I see you ban people for doing the same shit you're doing? Tell me how that's fair? And granted, you can't ban yourself, whatever. I understand people have bad days, shit happens, but, like you've as well as a few others have said, if you don't like what you read, don't reply, there is a back button, forget it and move on. Just because you're the owner of this site doesn't make you any better than anyone else on this site. Not that what I say to you or anyone on this forum matters, but, a lot of this is stemming from back in the day when you posted that kid's personal info, that's so unprofessional. I realize I don't have to come here, but the fact of the matter is, I do, so I see shit. And you made this thread obviously because you saw what was going on and decided to voice your feelings regarding the matter and asked for others opinions, which I commend you on. But at the end of the day, banning people for the same shit you're doing is wrong and hypocritical. Like the saying goes, "what's good for goose is good for the gander"
                      Well, this thread wasn't exactly asking for opinions... merely recognizing the fact that I HAVE been out of line at times, and that it will change. Because yes, you are right, as the owner of this site I really SHOULD be following my own rules, and setting a proper example.

I don't recall ever boasting about being the owner. In fact, I seem to recall saying "I pay the bills, but I am hardly an expert" more often than not. I pay the bills, and I make the rules. That's it. That doesn't make me better. Hell, if anything, it makes me a sucker! You guys all get this site for free!

However, the name calling, etc... that is never unprovoked, and is often done with the intention of driving someone away from this site. I don't really care if it's an elitist attitude. We DO NOT NEED STUPID, LAZY, INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE! End of story. If someone's first 3 posts are a) demanding information that they're too lazy to look for themselves, b) typed like a 6 year old, and c) rude, offensive, or in clear violation of the rules... they are not of any use to this community. They will be informed (usually via PM, before they are publicly addressed...), then they will be heckled... then they will be attacked. Then they get banned.
                      However, it's that stuff that people are taking the wrong way, so I can no longer do that. I will simply begin quietly enforcing the rules of this site. Break them, and you will no longer have the option of getting into a colorful discussion with me that MIGHT keep you from getting banned. You will just get banned. No more public flaming, especially in this section. Not from me. Not from anyone.

Comment

deev i forgive u as we all do,eventhough nothing was said about me,but i am proud of u being a man and owning up to ur wrongfullnes.in my opinion that makes you the best type of man around.

not too many of these men around anymore.......

my new turbo build

Comment

Youre still cool in my book boss.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X