Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car Cover illegal in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Cover illegal in NYC?

I park my car on the street with Car Cover on due to the snow. Is it Illegal?
    I got my plate showing in the front

I highly doubt someone would steal my cheap $10 car cover also.

Why do you think it would be illegal?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I've never heard of that.

Hell, if I have an UNCOVERED car in my own driveway that has no plates (or expired plates), I can get in trouble. Covering it makes it all better. Then again, that's also on my own property.

Comment

[QUOTE=XcluziveAZN;2699807]I park my car on the street with Car Cover on due to the snow. Is it Illegal?
        I'd say no its not bro. maybe illegal if you stolen the cover.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I bet you could park a car on the street, as long as there werent any time restraints, COVERED with no/expired tags and it probably wouldnt be bothered for awhile. Of course, i dont know how those NY cops get. If one gets nosey, your car could be in trouble.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I got no expired anything. But i made sure my plate is shown in the front just in case. I highly doubt any cop going to bother me today since it is snowing outside

Comment

I feel like it would be illegal as they can't give you a ticket. Your inspection/tags might be expired etc

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If you park it out on the street with a cover on it the plates have to be showing as well as the tags in the window. If not then they will investigate it and perhaps cut where the tags are just to peek at it. Ive seen those bullshit metermaids do it before so be careful.

Comment

Pretty much everything is illegal in NYC.
                  wat?

Comment

Thats crazy, do you get in trouble for that.

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

That shit is NOT illegal.

If a cop wants to inspect whats under the cover trust me they will remove it and look for what they want, all they need to do is suspect foul play.

As long as your car is parked LEGALLY and is registered and within time limits for inspection etc you should be A-Ok.

It is not ILLEGAL to have your car covered.

Comment

There's always an easy way to find out. Ask your local police

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                          and each cop will give you a different answer.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                            Pretty much everything is illegal in NYC.
                            Have you been to Virginia?? Yeah....ga---dumbest state evar. Sorry guys. It's true.

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                            Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                            and each cop will give you a different answer.
                            These are both true.

Comment

The cover is useless today.

What snow!! ??? Anyway it is good to know when there is a real snow storm

thank for the inputs

Comment

Working...
                              X