Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

When the problem is solved,please let us know?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the problem is solved,please let us know?!

I've been wondering that is it possible to make somekind of markings on the threads especially on technical section when the problem is solved? I see alot of threads that go on and on and never knowing if the problem was solved. Ofcourse this needs some help from the members and OP's. Just a thought, cause it would be more efficient to scroll all the threads and seperate the solved issues. And maybe people would search abit more before posting new threads.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=diagnosis

already a thread for that

it is the op's job to say if they solved the problem in their thread. once solved the thread will usually go off topic. you might have to read through the thread but so what?
    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=diagnosis

already a thread for that

it is the op's job to say if they solved the problem in their thread. once solved the thread will usually go off topic. you might have to read through the thread but so what?
      Very few people actually do that, though.

MrSpeedy, I see what you're saying, and it's a good idea.
      The best way to do it would be for e moderator to add "SOLVED" to the end of the thread title when a solution has been determined in the thread. That way, when someone searches and finds 50 threads about a topic, they can focus on the ones that have already solved the problem. Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Very few people actually do that, though.

MrSpeedy, I see what you're saying, and it's a good idea.
        The best way to do it would be for e moderator to add "SOLVED" to the end of the thread title when a solution has been determined in the thread. That way, when someone searches and finds 50 threads about a topic, they can focus on the ones that have already solved the problem. Good idea!
        Yeah, that's what I meant. Don't know if CB7 got resources for that and ofcourse the OP's should post that it is solved. Btw the problems&symptoms thread is great and have read it few times when i've had something with my car. But it's not exactly what I was referring to.

Comment

We'll have to try to develop a system. Like, if the OP gets his answer, he can post a reply saying SOLVED! or something... and maybe PM the moderator in charge of that section (perhaps we need more section mods, now...) for the title to be changed.

It'll take some getting used to, but it is indeed a very good idea.
          It really is frustrating when you search and end up reading through 5 threads asking the same question, and none that provide an answer for it!

Comment

If "solved" is posted in a reply, it still requires opening the thread, then going to the end to see if it was solved (and maybe additional replies bury the "solved" response). Can the OP go back and edit the original post (if not the original title) to add a note that it was solved? That way you know before reading the entire thread.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

The idea is to show that the question had been answered, leading to the OP's ability to fix his problem. Then a moderator can adjust the title of the thread to say "SOLVED"

The unfortunate thing is that only moderators can change thread titles.
              I'm going to discuss this with the staff and see if we can make it happen, and what it would take. This would be a very useful thing.

Comment

I understand that the idea is to show that it has been asnwered and that the OP can't change the title. Wouldn't a note in the original post (assuming it is up to the OP to determine if his question/problem has been solved) be the next best thing to "Solved" in the title (not saying that modding the title won't work)? That way you know as soon as someone new opens the thread. Just a logistical question, can the OP still edit the original post to say that the thread answered the question, regardless of the lenght of the thread? Then someone opening it would know that it was solved just by reading the original post. If they are looking for a similar solution, they would keep reading. If they were trying to help, they would know he already had his answer.

Edit: I think I answered my own question. I could still edit my original thread started in 2007, so I suppose longer time periods would work as well.

2nd edit: I was able to add "Solved" to a title of one of my threads http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...79#post2611079 and add a note in the post. It doesn't show up in the list, but does when the thread is opened.
                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-23-2010, 01:50 AM.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                X