Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just ordered my JDM H22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a very clean engine! Any pics of the cam and valvetrain? That usually tells how good of shape the engine is in.

I suggest you get the progress rear sway....the ST will hit your exhaust guaranteed. The Progress does a much better job of avoiding the exhaust and IMO is a better quality piece all around.

What makes you think a 4-2-1 is more streetable than a 4-1 header?
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments. If I could, I would hand select my motor from HMO, but that 3,000+ miles away. I'm very happy with what I got. So, I got up this morning and popped off the valve cover and took some pics underneath. She is pretty clean for a '93 and sitting for a while.

I can't wait until she is nestled under the hood and ready to rape VTEC!
      '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

I know earlier in this thread I was thinking about some nice stainless racing header (4-2-1) to be exact. My friend has convinced me to purchase the 4-2-1 DC Ceramic Header. The reason for this is cause my current exhaust manifold already scrapes. I don't want to spend big $$$ for something I know I will tear up once the swap is done. Plus, way down the road I plan on boosting it, so there is no need to spend tons of money on a header when I'm going to change it for boost.

Does anybody know if they still make ES Oval exhaust? I'm thinking of a special way to rig up my exhaust. I know Magnaflow makes a straight-thru design much like the ES Oval. I want this to be a sleeper, nothing flashy for cops or others.
        '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

Originally posted by J-Tiki View Post
          Hey everyone. I just wanted to express my excitement. I just placed my order for an H22a LSD from hmotors and super stoked! I've been wanting to do this swap for over 3 years now and the time has finally come to make my big purchase. Anyways, enough about me, I will be posting pictures when it comes in and during the swap process.
          so whats your car look like?

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
          Congrats man! How much did you get it for and from where?
          its posted where he got it from...
          Last edited by tommi; 12-05-2010, 06:40 PM.
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
            so whats your car look like?

its posted where he got it from...
            Here's a pic

'92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

You're really not going to notice much gain with the dcsports over the jdm header on the motor now. I'd save the money and put it towards something more beneficial.....cams, true 3" CAI, traction bars to get the power to the ground.
              My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                You're really not going to notice much gain with the dcsports over the jdm header on the motor now. I'd save the money and put it towards something more beneficial.....cams, true 3" CAI, traction bars to get the power to the ground.
                I agree. I'm already scraping my stock exhaust manifold, so I know I will demolish a nice quality header. I would like to do cams, but I plan on boostin' it down the road. That's when I'll need some traction bars. I'm trying to make it a nice daily that will surprise some people.
                '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

Good shit I love to see projects like this lift off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Tiki View Post
                    I agree. I'm already scraping my stock exhaust manifold, so I know I will demolish a nice quality header. I would like to do cams, but I plan on boostin' it down the road. That's when I'll need some traction bars. I'm trying to make it a nice daily that will surprise some people.
                    I recommend the cheapest ebay 4th gen prelude cai you can find (only ones that are actually 3") and then get an aem or apexi dry flow filter....please don't use any oil-type filter on such a nice engine!

A blacktrax gutted intake spacer placed between iab plate and plenum will lower temps and create a nice big plenum volume......costs $75.

I think you'll benefit from getting the traction bars now with that lsd even with the n/a motor.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Well I got an H22a and love it!!! My car is all stock with the exception of full exhaust (with no cat) and a CAI. My car put down 192.12 whp and 163.84 lbs of torque. You will be super glad you did the swap

Comment

Man that a clean engine. Enjoy
                        Accord Of The Month January 09
                        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                          I recommend the cheapest ebay 4th gen prelude cai you can find (only ones that are actually 3") and then get an aem or apexi dry flow filter....please don't use any oil-type filter on such a nice engine!

A blacktrax gutted intake spacer placed between iab plate and plenum will lower temps and create a nice big plenum volume......costs $75.

I think you'll benefit from getting the traction bars now with that lsd even with the n/a motor.

I've never really heard of the blacktrax gutted intake spacer. Is it really worth it?

Yeah, traction bars will come as the project moves forward. I will definitely need them at some point.

Originally posted by norcalrydaz View Post
                          Well I got an H22a and love it!!! My car is all stock with the exception of full exhaust (with no cat) and a CAI. My car put down 192.12 whp and 163.84 lbs of torque. You will be super glad you did the swap
                          Wow..192.12 is good. I was guesstimating around 180-185whp with bolt on's. I can only imagine what a p28 would do on top of this. What kind of exhaust are you running?

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
                          Man that a clean engine. Enjoy
                          Thanks. I'm super stoked
                          '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

How much did the shipping charges add to the price, if you don't mind my asking? I e-mailed them a couple weeks ago with some questions for an order I'll place in ~Feb-March and haven't gotten a response.

Looks so clean

Ed. - and did they give you the downpipe?
                            Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-07-2010, 11:34 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Damn I need to order from the place you did man(whenevr I get another CB). That thing looks cherry!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                                How much did the shipping charges add to the price, if you don't mind my asking? I e-mailed them a couple weeks ago with some questions for an order I'll place in ~Feb-March and haven't gotten a response.

Looks so clean

Ed. - and did they give you the downpipe?
                                The shipping was $250 to a residential residence. I believe thats a universal rate across the US. I think its a little cheaper if it was going to a business. I didn't get the business rate because, well, I don't have a business. I would suggest calling them. They are very helpful and answered all my questions. When I ordered the motor, I chatted with Steve for 30-40min about the motor and things I'll run into during the swap.

The motor did NOT come with a downpipe or A/C compressor. Other than that, the motor is prime and the shipping was on point. No later than 10 business days.

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                                Damn I need to order from the place you did man(whenevr I get another CB). That thing looks cherry!
                                Thanks man. I'm very happy with the purchase. I hope you get a CB soon and an H22 to go with it
                                '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

Working...
                                X