Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just ordered my JDM H22a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the 4-1 header, but I want to stay streetable with a 4-2-1. Thanks for the link though.

Randull, Thanks for the heads up. I sent you an email and I'll be getting back with you shortly.
    '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

Motor came in

Got my motor in from HMO and only took 10 business days to get from California to North Carolina. I'm very pleased with the condition of the motor. Its a '93 JDM H22a LSD.

I'm in the process of gathering all of my parts to change things on the engine such as: All Genuine Honda parts - except clutch and flywheel

Clutch/Flywheel
      Timing belt
      Manual tensioner conversion
      Water pump
      Thermostat
      Seals - Cam seals, rear main, valve cover seal
      NGK plugs
      Cap and rotor

I've already popped open the valve cover and inspected the cams. Its a relatively low mileage motor with very minor scaring on the cam lobes. Everything looks clean and compression test was pretty even across the board - 205-200-195-200. When I first compression tested the motor, I had readings of 270+ for all cylinders and I knew this couldn't be right. I'm just happy that I have an even reading across all cylinders.

I'll keep you all posted on the as more parts come in.
      '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

wow looks clean already!

Lou's Build Thread!
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
        "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

nice motor man

Comment

Congrats man! How much did you get it for and from where?

Comment

Man looks good Did it come out of the wrap like that?
              Freedom Is Not Free
              U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

are you sure that's a used engine??

shit's clean!
                Originally posted by deevergote
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  I regret not getting LSD. It wasn't even the extra $300 that deterred me... it was the fact that HMO had none in stock at the time, and my stock transmission was just about shot.

The H22 is amazing.
                  A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

If you put it that way i'm pretty close then. Congrats on the motor man, like the other guys said. You're gonna love it.

click to see my ride
                  click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

nice pick up man, i remember when i tore the wrapping off my H22 and it was just as clean as yours. wish i had ordered the lsd trans too considering i ended up having to rebuild my USDM trans when it went in.

My Members Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Thanks guys. This is the condition that it came when I took the wrap off. It was strapped down by 3 metal straps and the ECU was nicely bubble wrapped and placed right above the fuel rail. In case if you are wondering if there is a documentation sheet of the motor - there were NO papers documenting the motor.

One thing I suggest to anyone that is going to have their motor sitting around for a while like myself, is get some roller dollies to place under the crate so that you can move the engine around. This is very handy since my garage is limited on space.

Overall, I'm very pleased how clean it is and how it compression tested. It makes my F-bomb look like turd.
                      '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

that really is a beautiful engine.

I got no documentation with my motor either, and it was promised. That's my ONLY complaint about HMO. However, I've never once been questioned about the legality of my swap. Most cops would have no idea that it wasn't the stock motor.

Comment

I order many time from Steve on HMO.. Their motors are very clean and I never had any problem with their engines and trannies.
                          Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

Very clean motor man
                            WHITEONWHITE

Comment

You will definitely love the way it pulls compared to the stock motor.

Comment

It looks like it is in pretty good shape, mine was on a pallet with a tag on it. it came in kinda beaten up. Congrats again man. Keep us all posted on the progress.

click to see my ride
                                click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Working...
                                X