Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The answers are already here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fi2hm View Post
    Dude a person from alabama!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOT! wait i don't know where the heck tarrant is..... haha
    Near Birmingham. Theres also Rob from Montgomery and some other folks around him. Theres a new dude from Huntsville.

Welcome!
    -Will

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
      C'mon man .. the *search* function is not that difficult to use.
      Click on search, click on *advanced search* type in a word, or words...
      Click on *search entire posts* or *seach thread titles only* and walla!

It never ceases to amaze me that folks can come to the site, make a screen-name,
      click on posts and respond to them .. or actually start an entire new thread ..
      but yet, can't find what thet're looking for!

If it's in any way CB7 related, it's been discussed .. pretty much! 99.99% done deal!

Whats the big deal?
      No big deal haha. I suck at using search engines ... well at least the one on this forum(no need for sarcastic comment) and i already acknowledged that this site has everything and anything pertaining to this car.

Comment

Well Im In Mobile, AL 2 mins from the river and 40 from the gulf haha.

Comment

Originally posted by fi2hm View Post
          Well Im In Mobile, AL 2 mins from the river and 40 from the gulf haha.
          Make a post in the image gallery about your car and show it off! Learn abotu meets and whatnot in the regional section and read the stickies so you dont end up either stupid like accord=inspire or banned..
          -Will

Comment

I will some more. I've done all the things you've said also.

Comment

There is a place for questions that have already been asked. That place would be this entire site.

People should not be replying by saying "that was already asked", or "search"... because that will lead people in the future to find your thread that provides no answers, just "search" responses.

However, if you post a question that has been asked 3 posts down from yours... you're very likely to get an answer like that.

You ask a question when you have a legitimate need for an answer... not to get to 30 posts. People can tell when you're asking for the sake of increasing your post count, or when you actually care about the answer.

OR, I know this sounds insane... but if you actually know a thing or two about your car, you can increase your post count by HELPING OTHERS WIHT THEIR PROBLEMS! It's a novel idea, I know... but you know what? It works pretty damn well.

Comment

fi2hm, keep posting in this thread. It'll surely bump up your post.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaB18 View Post
                  fi2hm, keep posting in this thread. It'll surely bump up your post.
                  Lol. you're joking right?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                  1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                  2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                    Yes.

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                      Can't get anything past you.

Comment

OP, the key is--to make sure above all that your CB is properly tuned up. that means no stone left unturned, from all systems; including the charging system which is often overlooked. you're @ CB7t for hopefully the same reasons many of it's long time members joined, because we love Accords and our goal is to have as many well-running ones as we can...whether stock, or not. oh and, welcome! happy CB tuning. while you're here, it is best to really get used to using the search feature. otherwise you'll get heated up for it

life is good.

Comment

This thread isn't about his car. He's whining about not being able to get 30 posts because everyone says "the answers are already here".

Honestly, if someone tells you that the answer is here, and shows you where to look... it answers your question.

Comment

Agreed! i think where i was coming from was like basically, most of the posts i see in the beginner's section have to do with very basic troubleshooting in terms of tune-ups, and "why is my car idling funny, what's an fitv" and such. because of the redundant-ish posts, i think that's why maybe folks get after him about it.

basically my feeling is, if you want something to beat the shit out of and barely break a bead of sweat fixing, get a civic. because i remember as a previous civic-favorer, accords had me stumped! (this was back 6 or 7 years ago). all the extra vac lines, and boxes, and this and that. they were a bit more difficult to diagnose back then, and comparing the EJ to the CB now, it's still funny how much added shit is in there, and what all the added good it does consequently.

if you have a common issue, buy a haynes if that doesn't work, come here. but i think it has to be first and foremost about loving accords and becoming self-educated on the matter first; then joining. then that way, you come to the table ready to present. i mean shit, just look @ my posts from 2003 fail.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              This thread isn't about his car. He's whining about not being able to get 30 posts because everyone says "the answers are already here".

Honestly, if someone tells you that the answer is here, and shows you where to look... it answers your question.
                              I'm not whining... I'm just letting everyone who is a noob "like me" that the answers are already here so that they don't make the same mistake. Also so they don't get rebuked like i did hahaa. So all noobs read the rules and forums and stuff, oh and search.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post

if you have a common issue, buy a haynes if that doesn't work, come here. but i think it has to be first and foremost about loving accords and becoming self-educated on the matter first; then joining. then that way, you come to the table ready to present. i mean shit, just look @ my posts from 2003 fail.
                                Yeah... My posts fail too... Just take a look at them hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X