Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Driving a cb7 in Highschool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 93blackcb7 View Post
    an accord is one of the nicest sedans for your money and the upgrades and modifications are endless depending on how you want it to look
    I wish more people would respect that more.

I was talking to a guy about cb7s, and he was like, "if it was made before 95, i wouldn't even go there."

-sad

Comment

Man I went to high school in 2000, there was no way I was affording an 8 year old Honda! I had a beat to piss 88 Chev 2500, that thing was a beast.

But I did buy my wagon in 2003 6 months after i graduated, with a little help from my parents, and of course I paid back every penny.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
        damn johnny tran's brother. JK dany0 LOL
        Originally posted by Ander View Post
        I lol'd
        Excuuse me ...that's "Han" to you guys
        -:¦:-
        Originally posted by wed3k
        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

This was my very first car a 92 Accord LX. I actually wanted an 85 Jimmy from my dad before I settled on this car. I riced the living HELL of it and good god looking back on my posts back when cb7tuner came about in 03 I feel like I've grown up allot on my knowledge of cars...

I worked hard on this car during my senior year of highschool..parents handed it down to me with a blown motor..$400 dollars later I had an A6 motor (I thought I was the shit back then...haha) and I just beat the crap out of it.

Sadly cancer had taken over the car and I tried to sell it on the boards but at the time the forum was down. Afterwards I owned a Ranger that a I rocked for 3 years and then got myself a 5th gen Accord did my first H22 swap / 5 lug and interior swap in that car..owned that for 3 years and now I rock this:

I swapped almost everything from my 5th gen:

Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Through my Sr. year I took the bus to school every
            day to and from school for an hour each way, had to
            walk through the school parking lot lots of rich kids
            new mustangs some chargers new Nissans defiantly
            parental bought, but I worked for two years and saved
            up enough to buy my cb I wouldn’t have done it any other way.

This site gives you plenty of inspiration and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmstylz24 View Post
              Through my Sr. year I took the bus to school every
              day to and from school for an hour each way, had to
              walk through the school parking lot lots of rich kids
              new mustangs some chargers new Nissans defiantly
              parental bought, but I worked for two years and saved
              up enough to buy my cb I wouldn’t have done it any other way.

This site gives you plenty of inspiration and advice.
              The most amazing part, is when you work hard, and it pays off.. or like, you finish a huge project, and it looks amazing.. Those high school kids, and even adults are ignorant.

If they crashed their precious mustang's, daddy would just buy them a new one, but if I crashed my cb, I would treat it as if a family member was just killed, or hurt.

Comment

Lol it's hard as he'll to get my cb over the damn speed humps at my school! But I love puttin ricers to shame with there "Fart cannons" XD. But I'm young but I know Ima have my car longer then those stupid "let's race cause my spoiler gives me more horse powere" losers. Lol I love my baby

Comment

Originally posted by bokoolaka View Post
                  Lol it's hard as he'll to get my cb over the damn speed humps at my school! But I love puttin ricers to shame with there "Fart cannons" XD. But I'm young but I know Ima have my car longer then those stupid "let's race cause my spoiler gives me more horse powere" losers. Lol I love my baby
                  Hey now i have a coffee can muffler... but it doesn't sound like a fart or bees or anything... it just sounds great... hhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by aluminum13 View Post
                    I'll just chime in and say that I understand the desire to focus on looks but don't forget - you bought this car yourself and it is your investment - maintenance comes first.
                    Yes, I cannot stress this enough. Well put, and agreed.

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                    Haha I graduated last year. Worked full time and put every penny into my CB.

Drove it everyday looking like this, JDM F20A DOHC swap, dropped, clean as fuck.

Point is, you get over it. Just keep doing you and forget the shit talkers. They're only mad you're doing better than them, and after high school they'll still be sucking their mom's nipple for everything they want and you'll be the mature young adult doing things on your own.
                    Also agreed. Although most of my fellow classmates didn't have their parents buy their cars for them, they were nicer cars (or, well newer). when i was in school, rice was nice. i had altezza's on my otherwise stock civic (which was my very first honda). but by the time i was a sophomore, i was hooked on CLEAN. And kevin's was sexy as ffffuuuuuuu.

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                    Back in high school, I drove my handed-down 1986 Civic sedan (base). Horribly faded blue paint, automatic transmission, and had a dogged refusal to start on frosty mornings (thank you, carburetor).

However, I always kept the car immaculate, waxed, and smelling like Armor-All inside. It was only slightly embarrassing to bring to school because I made the best of what I had. Couldn't say the same for the kids who got brand new TSXs, 3-series, C-class Benzes. Spoiled brats, I say!
                    Yes, and i find all that really matters is how your behavior directly affects what you drive and vice versa. We love to become one with our cars, but @ the end of the day they are the heavy machine, not us and we can be smooshed in a heartbeat. I think it's more or less how you convey the vehicle you own and how you act.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                    X