Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Need help with research paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with research paper

im writing a research paper on stereo types of so called street racers and i need some data. post up your age, and a list of driving related tickets you have and about the year you got them. or just your name and ill look them up personally but i may find more than you want me too lol. and you probably dont want your full name and dob on the web, idk? but just a list would do the best. im just copying and pasting this to different forums so if you could include your car and the highlight mods on it that will also help a little. such as engine swaps, boost, nitrous, body kits, you get it. this is so i can get an idea of how you tune your car and the personality you want your car to have. also i would need how you use your car, for shows, just daily driving, tracking, road or drag. thankyou!

p.s. try not to clutter this with chat, i will be using it as a data reference and i need the data ASAP!!!
    Last edited by Domesticated; 09-28-2010, 03:27 PM.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

actually i dont want to look you up, just an age and a list. its kinda like a survey. i will be interviewing police officers also and getting some data from the court house for local stuff.

Comment

I'll be the first...

Alias:Cobalt
      Times pulled: unknown
      Times ticketed: 8
      Tickets not reduced: 1
      Tickets showing on record: 3(two no points)
      Worst tickets: 83/45, 77/35, tresspassing on govt property(what can I say, good street racing spot, two mile long straight with zero chance of other cars on roadway)
      Date of first ticket: 21Nov07
      First issued liscense: 02Jan05
      Car ticketed in + mods: 06 Cheverolet Cobalt LS-JBP vortex header, CTI 3" DP, Tsudo 2.5" exhaust, Eaton M62 supercharger, 2.8" pully, 42# injectors, custom SRI, B&M Shift+, Hankook Ventus RS2's.
      Call me Travis.
      2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
      1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
      1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
      1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

sweet thanks. im getting tons of views on all my other forums, but nobody is stepping up. i say who cares heres mine

driving since: 17
        tickets:

neon r/t, 2.4 swap, weight redux, all bolt ons, nitrous. never tracked, street racing mostly+dd

Driving-inattentive/careless 5/09 reduced

Exceeding the Posted Speed Limit (16+ mph) 11/08 (racing) dropped

Exceeding the Posted Speed Limit (1-15 MPH) 10/08

Exceeding the Posted Speed Limit (1-15 MPH) 10/08

Insurance-fail To Provide Proof Of Insurance 10/08 (missing proof) dropped

Exceeding the Posted Speed Limit (16+ mph) 1/08

Stop Sign-yield Sign Violations 12/07

Insurance-fail To Provide Proof Of Insurance 12/07 (missing proof) dropped

Insurance-fail To Provide Proof Of Insurance 11/07 (missing proof) dropped

83 Supra-stock

Exceeding the Posted Speed Limit (1-19 MPH) 6/07

79 datsun 620 pickup-lightly modified, slammed, paint

Exceeding the Posted Speed Limit (1-19 MPH) 9/06

Change-improper Or Unsafe Lane Change 7/06

all the cars up until the neon were a ricer stage, built to be cool and recklessly driving often. learned my lesson with the neon and made it completely purpose built, last 6 months driving it i wisened up and stopped being young and reckless. now i have an accord that is being built for all around clenliness. trackable but sensable. no more speeding and especially street racing.

I HOLD NO BIAS AGAINST PEOPLE WHO STREET RACE, EVERYTHING WILL BE ANONYMOUS AND I NEED HONEST DATA FOR THIS PAPER. NO BASHING OTHERS OR OPINIONS ON RECORDS I WILL REQUEST THEM TO BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY THANKYOU

Comment

come on people, ive got about 20 so far, need to hit 100 by the end of the week. if you have a clean record say so! it works better for us tuners. if you have a bad record nobody really cares. so come on, keep em coming

Comment

93 cb7 ex
            speeding 18 over = 2 points 9/08
            unsafe lane change = accident = dropped to to fast for conditions 8/09
            drivers point reduction class 8/09
            blue headlights ticket 2/10

f22a6 I/H/E slammed to the ground tint
            COUPE K24

Comment

tickets per year for tuners is .43 and the mid 75% is .36. for my random selected group of civilians its was .35 and the 75% was .24. so that means we get tickets 16% more often then regular people, and minus the extremes it comes out to 33% more often. so that makes more sense. lets see if i can figure out a way to use this productively and honestly. still havent got into too much but im still workin on it. on the plus side those really arent that big of percentages. so if a normalperson gets 8 tickets in their lifetime, that just means well have 9 to 11 which isnt much of a difference

Comment

Driving Since: 16
                Tickets: 07/2006 - Failure to use established exit (aka, I cut through a parking lot to avoid a red light...whilst racing my buddies to our desination. ) - $90 fine.

That's all.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Ticket #1 - Speeding / 50mph on 35mph - $145 [January 2006]
                  Ticket #1 (Fix It) - No front license plate - $25 [February 2008]
                  Ticket #2 (Fix It) - Unlawful Yellow Headlight Tint - $25 [July 2008]

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                    post up your age,
                    and a list of driving related tickets you have and about the year you got them.
                    2005 - "Following too closely"
                    also i would need how you use your car, for shows, just daily driving, tracking, road or drag.
                    DD.
                    if you could include your car and the highlight mods on it that will also help a little. such as engine swaps, boost, nitrous, body kits, you get it.
                    1992 Accord EX sedan
                    Originally posted by JoshM
                    Engine:
                    - F22a1
                    - Spectre intake filter
                    - DC header
                    - H23 intake manifold
                    - 2.5" exhaust
                    - MSD plug wires
                    - NGK spark plugs
                    - Optima Yellow Top
                    - Chipped P06 ECU
                    - ESP motor/trans mounts
                    - A/C and P/S removed

Transmission:
                    - M2S4 trans
                    - Fidanza 8lb flywheel
                    - Exedy clutch

Exterior:
                    - Flat black spray job
                    - 92/93 EX lip
                    - 20% tint
                    - Projector headlights
                    - Smoked corner lights
                    - 8000K HIDs
                    - Carbon Creations CF hood
                    - Projector fog lights
                    - Civic plugs (bumper lights)
                    - 1 windshield wiper mod
                    - DIY grill

Suspension/Wheels:
                    - Two pairs of different OEM alloys
                    - Falken Ziex ZE-912 195/55/15
                    - KYB GR2 shocks
                    - Ground Controls coilovers
                    - SPC adjustable ball joints

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Name: Michael
                      Cars: 1980 Chevy Monte Carlo n 1990 Honda Accord
                      Tickets: 0
                      Driving Since: 12 years old
                      Driver's License Issue Date: 08/16/2010
                      Mods: 0
                      DD
                      My signature was removed because it was too big.

Comment

I drive for a living, so I'll only list the instances that occurred in my modified Accord. I've gotten a few others (a couple 40 in a 25, one 80 in a 65... all reduced.) while working in my unmodified vehicles.

Times pulled over: unknown. I can recall about 4.
                        Times ticketed: 1
                        Ticket reason: unsigned driver's license

I've never gotten pulled over for racing, careless driving, or illegal modifications. ONCE, I got pulled over because the camo-painted Del Sol next to me decided to floor it, and the cop only saw me (I guess the paintjob worked!) He pulled me over for a noise violation. I revved my engine for the cop to show that the exhaust note was MUCH different, and explained that I was about to turn 27 years old... those days are behind me. He got a good laugh and sent me on my way. Nice guy.

The one ticket that I DID get was initially going to be for "running a red light"... but I watched it turn red in my rear view mirror, and informed the officer of that. He had no idea what was happening... he just came after me becuse I dropped a gear right in front of him, accelerating from 40 to 45 (in a 45mph zone) to make it safely through the yellow light, rather than slamming on my brakes and sliding out in front of him. I guess I made him feel stupid, so he had to give me a ticket for SOMETHING. Not signing my 3 day old replacement license was the best he could do.

Comment

WEll I'm not really much of a street racer, I keep it at the track mostly, but i do mod cars so I'll give you my input anyways.

Nick
                          Been driving since I was 16

Got one speeding ticket back then, in a rental sunfire, was going 45km/h over the speed limit.

And that was the last ticket I got for speeding

Comment

In my younger days I guess I would qualify, though I'd consider myself more of a car enthusiast/nut than a street racer.

Age 25
                            Been driving since 15
                            Been pulled over twice
                            Received one ticket for 44/25 which cost me ~$400 including the required safety class due to my age, would have occurred in 2002 or so.
                            At the time I had a 4dr Accord with an intake and a Flowmaster 60 muffler w/o resonator. Daily driver.

Comment

Alias: cb7_with_snail
                              Times pulled over: 25
                              Times ticketed: 24
                              Tickets showing on record: all till 1/12/2011
                              Worst tickets: street racing/ driving with suspended DL x4
                              Fine: 5 days in the pokey. no DL for 3 years
                              Car ticketed in + mods: 90 accord stock motor 100 shot nos

Comment

Working...
                              X