Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

dohc and or sohc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dohc and or sohc

i was wonder if you can fit a h22 head or a sohc vtec hear on a f22a6 block ????? is this possible????

With modification, yes.
    The H22 head would result in a low-compression, low-redline mockery of the H22. Also the cylinder bore size is different from the combustion chamber size on the head, which could result in overlap... meaning potential hotspots (which will cause detonation.)

The F22B1 head is worthless for performance, and will be a downgrade from your F22A head.

If you want VTEC, buy an H22. Otherwise, work with your F22A. The F22A head has more potential than either of the other heads.

Comment

you kno, with 100+ posts, i would think youll know the answer to this frankenstien swap, as far as it being possible, or at least try a search.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

that's just a waste of time and money if u want more power buy a h22 or go for a turbo build just my op

Comment

ok cool thanks guyes

Comment

This is probably open and closed by now, but the H23 head is pretty painless to get swapped onto the F series block. You'll only be getting DOHC non-VTEC but hey, it's something.
            Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
            D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
            ┴─┴
            ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
              the H23 head is pretty painless to get swapped onto the F series block. You'll only be getting DOHC non-VTEC but hey, it's something.
              I wouldn't go far as calling it painless (depending on ur skill level I suppose). U still have to deal with plugging oil ports and getting the correct gasket (I believe a F23 gasket is used but I'm not sure) and the correct timing belt not to mention all the other minor bullshit involved. Franking a F22 DOHC head would probably be the closest to painless as u could get. But I believe the OP wants VTEC and like u said he wouldn't have it even with a full H23 swap.

Comment

unless he gets h23 vtec

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                  unless he gets h23 vtec
                  That is true.

Comment

The price of the H22 is fairly low... it'd actually cost less to just buy a cheap H22 than it would to swap a head on! I mean, you can get an H22 head for $200... head gasket for $100, other random seals say $50, spark plugs and other ignition components $50, if your head didn't come with a distributor - that'll cost a good bit, timing belt...

Although it's not a good idea, you CAN grab a complete $700 H22, and just drop it in as-is. Then you're paying for the motor, fluids, and whatever breaks while you're installing it.

Comment

I agree with Deev. A H22 ready to go and some fluids just seems so much easier. Also, to me, putting a H22 head on a F22 sounds like more problems that can/will occur and the H22 is designed for all those components working together. F22 block wont have the same compression as the H.
                      '92 CB7 H22a M2B4

Comment

Working...
                      X