Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Okinawa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okinawa

So I've been in japan for 5 months and haven't spotted one single cb7!!! which i think is outrageous and I have one of maybe 6 sir-t accords around, This place is ass backwards with hondas, there is less here than in the states?!?. well if you couldn't tell I'm pretty bored if any one has any questions about the whips here (every Nissan imaginable turboed lol) post it

Originally posted by 93_Accord_EX View Post
    So I've been in japan for 5 months and haven't spotted one single cb7!!! which i think is outrageous and I have one of maybe 6 sir-t accords around, This place is ass backwards with hondas, there is less here than in the states?!?. well if you couldn't tell I'm pretty bored if any one has any questions about the whips here (every Nissan imaginable turboed lol) post it
    Its because most Japanese people buy new cars like every 2-3 years due to the registration techniques. Every 2 years (excluding new cars which is 3 years) Japanese people are required to get a "shaken" (sha-ken not shake-en) inspection on their cars which covers exhaust emissions, speedometer calibration, tires, lights and indicators, oil leaks, brakes etc. Everything on the car has to be basically in like new shape. The inspection its self is like $300 for the first 2 years and the price increases as the car gets older. If anything is wrong and it fails the inspection, the repairs must be made and it must be retested to be driven. This is the reason many Japanese get new cars and you won't see many old cars. Also the reason why we get awesome imported motors that have like 30k miles on them.

I went to Japan about 3 years ago. There are Hondas, just not the ones you are used to seeing. Examples are the City, ACTY, Jazz, Stepwgn, Vamos, Zest, Inspire, ect. They have many different models than us!

For example, the Life.

Not a hybrid, but gets nearly 50 MPG (21 km/l)
    Also, It can come with 4WD
    Price is about $12,000

Why not here in America? Probably because it only makes a whopping 51.29 Horsepower and 44.25 ft-lbs of Torque. Also the size... I don't think it would market well over here.

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/ IDK if you can read Japanese, but if you hover over the pictures of the different cars you will see the name in english.
    Last edited by EJX_Michael; 08-09-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

...and they have to comply with the US Emissions and Safety regulations. Also their Kei cars are made to go through those pesky alley roadways where regular vehicles mostly have to squeeze through.

That Honda Crossraod looks good , they should bring that to replace the nasty looking Honda Pilot.
      Last edited by ExplodingCake; 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I NEED SOME PICS OF JDM CARS!!!!!!

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
        JANE 99 Infiniti i30
        2-9-11 - current
        "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Originally posted by sow3r View Post
          I NEED SOME PICS OF JDM CARS!!!!!!
          http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/

Holy schnit!

The JDM civic hybrid MXB gets 31-23 km/l which converts to 72.92-54.1 MPG! Why do our cars get significantly less? My only guess would be the emissions standards, but that almost doesn't make sense...

Civic Hybrid Specs

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
          ...and they have to comply with the US Emissions and Safety regulations. Also their Kei cars are made to go through those pesky alley roadways where regular vehicles mostly have to squeeze through.

That Honda Crossraod looks good , they should bring that to replace the nasty looking Honda Pilot.
          Who knows. They may replace the element with it. It seems they put the new designs out in Japan first...

Last edited by EJX_Michael; 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
            Its because most Japanese people buy new cars like every 2-3 years due to the registration techniques.
            Damn if thats the case then I bet their car financing there is extremely lenient. I couldn't imagine them really trippin on a whole lot of shit to get u into a car if ur buying them every couple of years of so. I wonder what they do with all of those used cars? Ship them to other countries? I bet they have like almost no used car lots there.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
              Damn if thats the case then I bet their car financing there is extremely lenient. I couldn't imagine them really trippin on a whole lot of shit to get u into a car if ur buying them every couple of years of so. I wonder what they do with all of those used cars? Ship them to other countries? I bet they have like almost no used car lots there.
              I guess part them out for motors and schnit, then crush them and recycle them...

Comment

cars like the cb mostly are gone from existance over there. the importers cant even find cb parts anymore to import from over there driving up prices of jdm parts. we're feeling the pain over here on the other side of the pond...
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

They also don't have the CB7 in Japan

They got the other CB models. CB3, CB4, etc...

Comment

As mentioned above, they have a very high turn over of cars (Im betting its probably the highest - higher than Europe).

The turn over of cars is so high that a 4 year old car is considered getting long in the tooth too difficult and expensive to maintain (not passing registration tests - for us its equivalent to maintaining a 40 year old car).

So CB7's being 20 years (or near) is near impossible to still be in existence. I suspect they would have started to scrap the first CB7 as early as 1996.

Bear in mind that the last year of the CB7 in Japan does not co-inside with the final year of production in the US (It would ceased production in Japan a year before it even ceased in the US).

CB7's (or the CB platform - used also for the Ascot, Innova & Aspires at the time) are pretty much ancient history (ages ago) by their standards (maybe as early as late 90's and early 2000's most if not all gone).
                    Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-11-2010, 09:22 AM.
                    Rides:

Accord
                    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

pic of said cars
                      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

i saw an ascot on the road in japan this year :3 it was the greatest sight of my whole two-week trip, the one that made me freak out in excitement in the car, and my host family couldn't understand why
                        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

when i was in Hong Kong, they only had a couple of 5th gens. most people who could afford a car wouldnt opt for a cb7.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                          X