Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

jdm fever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm fever?

any one know what this is?i cant sleep cant eat,i cant do anything but think about my jdm motor.its killing me.is it just me or has this happend to any one else?
    tell us ur time of jdm fever.

my new turbo build

I never much cared which country my parts came from.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      lol hes got usejdm madness.

Comment

Most of my parts come from a faraway land called Ohio. Its pretty baller. Although in fairness, I've got a set of JDM sidemarkers en route to my house as we speak.

Comment

I had this feeling many times. Usually when i come across something rare or a bargain.

Some of the instances are below:

1) Saw a rare Honda OEM cd player with integrated programmable equaliser with presets at the wreckers (JY). I didnt get to get it as i saw it just as they were closing. It bugged me all night how much it will cost and if someone will get it first before i did the next time im there. I went the very next day they were open. It was still there and i got it in a package deal along with other parts for cheap.

So happy as equalisers (adjustable bands not just sound processors like pop, classic, jazz, vocal etc) esp digital programmable ones are hard to find. To get a Honda one is even harder. I didn't even know they existed until i saw it.

2) I saw a CB with a JDM front (complete) in the JY. The car was not JDM but was in a prior accident with the parts used being from a JDM import. It was exactly what i needed as i wanted back up parts for my JDM car. It was a sat and the shop closed half day.

I thought about it for the rest of Sat, Sat night, Sun Day and Sun Night. Wondered how much of it will be left next time i go there and how much it will cost me.

The next time i was there the car was not touched at all. I ripped all the front parts i needed quick smart (one piece head lights, fog lights, centre console, front bumper bar (with lip and reinforcments), grille and indicators i bagged.

3) I was toying with the idea it would be good to have a Honda thats a convertible. I read the CRX Delsol was a good candidate being affordable, durable and maintainable - with plenty of civic interchangeable parts.

I looked at the paper and saw a CRX Delsol advert that was wierd as it had features i didnt expect. I suspected it was an import but didnt believe it. I had to see if it was true. I enquired and inspected it a couple of days later but didnt buy it.

The days after the inspection was agonising as the reality of the car, the rarity of it, the condition (original) and how new it was (personally imported in the country with import tags only 1 and half months before i sighted it), the opportunity and how dangerously close i was to getting this car so soon and so quickly.

I couldnt get it out of my mind and lost sleep thinking what i should do and researching how rare it actually is etc.

Cut the story short i saw it again and made an offer (even though i only started toying with a convertible for fun and for only a week without any serious thoughts).

Those are just a few of my experiences and have more.

I have a love hate relationship with it as i love seeing JDM stuff and bargains but hate it as it usually bugs me and end up buying it. Hence the multiple cars i have. All rare and hard to find and multiple sets of wheels (all at a bargain) and numerous rare parts as back up for my rare cars with the rare options.
          Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM.
          Rides:

Accord
          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Ok another is when i was at the markets and came across a JDM double din gold coloured Kenwood multi function unit (which supplied Honda) that had plugs similar to my Honda CD stacker. It had a CD stacker too (gold coloured and looked similar to one i already had but with different features written on it).

This was pure JDM with the writting at the case confirming it is the real deal. Being Double DIN, gold instead of silver or black coloured i assumed it was one of the more premier units available.

It was near new condition except for the finger prints. I couldnt tell as the wire harness is missing to show the cut connections. But fact that it doesnt have iphone capability, blue tooth etc etc clearly confirms its not new and cannot even be within the last 4 years or so.

I have not much penchant for features (like ipod or blue tooth or tv and dvd etc) as i really mainly only love quality sound while driving. The only safe thing you can do really. Seriously who watches DVD in the car while driving. How long are you waiting to watch an 1hr and a half of movie. GPS i can get from my phone and i can feed Ipod through a modulator. So no loss for me there.

To me no matter how old the unit is it is if it sounds awesome it continues to sound awesome. Sound quality and features regarding sound (equaliser) are my pet faves.

I enquired and ended up buying the thing (unit only as i couldnt afford the package - cash only at the markets) since nowadays even Kenwoods, Pioneers etc are made in China. Made in Japan stuff are now mainly for their local domestic consumption only so this is rare stuff. I looked at it for most of the night wondering what features it had.

It had a huge dark tinted display field (covering all the front essentially) that you cannot see through much. I then shone a torch light to its display and discovered among its display it had a picture diagram of a cars interior (driver with steering wheel - right hand drive of course and seats). I thought thats different and suspect it has an ability to accoustically change its sound delivery to each of the speakers attached and maybe sense the cars interior also (with regrds to accoustic characteristics)?.

I was estatic and thought about it for that night... Lol wondering how it will sound, the feature it has, if i should have bought the stacker (by borrowing from my parents), if i will still see the seller in a weeks time, if the matching stacker will still be there or sold by the seller at another market (as i know they sometimes do), if the price will have gone up etc etc.

Yes i have had JDM fever or impulse buying or greed for rare stuff. .. Lol
            Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-02-2010, 12:30 PM.
            Rides:

Accord

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Neither do I.

I have a made in USA front bumper with fogs fitted on a Japanese wagon which ended up in a wrecker near me as all wagons were made in the US.

I wouldn't pass on it just because it wasnt made in Japan.

Same with a set of eagles which i have too.

If its rare, adds beauty or functionality im in.
              Rides:

Accord

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Hey, as long as it fits perfectly and was made for/fabricated for our car, its "YDM" (your domestic model...)

Comment

Working...
                X