Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new heart!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new heart!!

no im not dieing but my cb did....
    ok so i have been having some issues with the old motor in the cb.keep blowing head gaskets.comes to find out that the block and head are warped beond repair.SO i just got done buying a f22b dohc,jdm of course.welllll its in new jersey and im in ct so me and jabercb7 are gonna drive out and pick it up.also one of my boys work there so i got a major disscount, $450 for motor and ecu so no mor single cam for a little while till i can get up some more money for a newer head to frank the motor. but hey new heart for me...i mean cb....lol
    heres the motor im pickin up on monday.same motor not just a pic

my new turbo build

Nice! Great deal on her. I hope your swap goes easy and good.
    I'll be tuned in just make sure you take pics.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

i need to link up with you guys when i move to CT next year. getting deals and stuff lol.

thats good that you are fixing it up. i dunno what i would do if my engine blew... probably get rid of the car.... but yea, keep us posted on how it goes
      CDOG
      He's baaaacckk

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
        Nice! Great deal on her. I hope your swap goes easy and good.
        I'll be tuned in just make sure you take pics.
        Originally posted by CB7@_@TrAnCe View Post
        i need to link up with you guys when i move to CT next year. getting deals and stuff lol.

thats good that you are fixing it up. i dunno what i would do if my engine blew... probably get rid of the car.... but yea, keep us posted on how it goes
        there is gonna be alot of pics.this will be the 1,2,3,4,5th 5th time if changed the motor and like 8 or 9 times iv pulled the motor from this car.so its not a big deal its easy the 1000000000000th time around.

my new turbo build

Comment

JDM Engine Depot? Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            JDM Engine Depot? Good luck with that.
            why u say that deev?had any bad experinces with them?

my new turbo build

Comment

Not personally... but I've heard more horror stories than anything else. Even from local guys, and shops usually take care of the people that can torch their warehouse!

Also the fact that you're getting an engine that I don't believe exists... makes me wonder how much bull they're feeding you. That, or there's something new for me to learn!

Comment

Not personally... but I've heard more horror stories than anything else. Even from local guys, and shops usually take care of the people that can torch their warehouse!

Also the fact that you're getting an engine that I don't believe exists... makes me wonder how much bull they're feeding you. That, or there's something new for me to learn!
                im praying on the 2nd notion.im gonna bring some stuff,compression test and others,befor i take it home.

my new turbo build

Comment

Very nice motor to put in! I can't wait to see it done

Slamage is worth the Damage

Originally posted by crazymikey
                  "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                    im praying on the 2nd notion.im gonna bring some stuff,compression test and others,befor i take it home.
                    You may get lucky. No shop intentionally sells crap... but certain shops, like this one, have a reputation for it. When they sell them cheap, you know they bought them even cheaper... the cheaper they are, the worse condition they're likely to be in. Not always, but it increases your chances.

Comment

You may get lucky. No shop intentionally sells crap... but certain shops, like this one, have a reputation for it. When they sell them cheap, you know they bought them even cheaper... the cheaper they are, the worse condition they're likely to be in. Not always, but it increases your chances.
                      the motor was 850 but my friend works there so half price for me.

my new turbo build

Comment

Ok, if your friend works there, then maybe you'll have better luck. At least he'll do what he can to ensure you don't get a paperweight. I would hope, anyway.

Comment

Ok, if your friend works there, then maybe you'll have better luck. At least he'll do what he can to ensure you don't get a paperweight. I would hope, anyway.
                          yeah i kno him but dont kno what hes about if u kno what i mean..

my new turbo build

Comment

swap is starting on sunday!!

my new turbo build

Comment

has anybody frankinstined that with like a f20b or a h22 head that just might be sick

Comment

Working...
                              X