Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

using red led strips for head lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using red led strips for head lights!

so i decided to use red led strips instead of white/blue.i think its gonna look mean as hell the way are head lights are shaped.just wanted to let every one kno.im excited as this is my first time doing this.anyone wanna tell me some secrets to doing this or is it that easy.o and i got some 30cm led strips do u think that will be long enough?
    thanks for reading.

my new turbo build

I used white ones, pretty clean, I don't know about red, here in Texas its illegal to have any kind of blue or red lights infront of vehicle

heres mine: I used 24" small leds strips, and its just placed outside the headlamp, if it was inside it would look much more original

Last edited by jmolina; 07-15-2010, 11:42 PM.

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

I think the theory is cool, unfortunately, I don't think you'd get away with it.

I got pulled over for having blue fog lights on my old 91 Geo Metro. I could have gotten a ticket for "impersonating an officer" even though that was never my intention...

Luckily I knew the cop so I didn't get a ticket. He told me I could keep them on my car, but couldn't turn them on. Anything Red or Blue on the front of a vehicle is reserved for emergency or official purposes only.

I highly suggest going with a different color if I were you.

Good luck with the mod!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

well on the old cb i had red corners. i got my balls broke about them but never got a inspection ticket or anything.and i want to do them on the inside but i dont want to loose visability.and im gonna make it so when the headlights are on they wont be so the red wont be seen and wont glare with the 6k hids.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
          I used white ones, pretty clean, I don't know about red, here in Texas its illegal to have any kind of blue or red lights infront of vehicle

heres mine: I used 24" small leds strips, and its just placed outside the headlamp, if it was inside it would look much more original

sweet and ur the one who inspired me to do this a while back...dont u remember? when u did urs.

my new turbo build

Comment

Thenextepisode headlights are badass...

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

cant wait to see.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                Thenextepisode headlights are badass...
                can i see??

Comment

yo smoke, they sell led strips at autozone for headlights, ive seen a crew on hundais driving around with them and they look really good, they make red, blue and i think green

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                  When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Red is for emergency vehicles. You WILL get in trouble for it if you have them on while driving on public roads.

Originally posted by drboy2692 View Post
                    can i see??
                    Sure. The search bar is there for everyone to use.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                      yo smoke, they sell led strips at autozone for headlights, ive seen a crew on hundais driving around with them and they look really good, they make red, blue and i think green
                      i ordered them allready from some led planet.gonna get them onj monday or tuesday.

my new turbo build

Comment

link plz. well ill look at thr website then, it will b cool if they had several colored lights in 1, u can flip a switch and scroll thru the color you want.
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

heres there home page.
                          http://ledz.com/?p=product
                          they are rediculusly bright.
                          and yes they do custom stuff

my new turbo build

Comment

I look out of place, migh look better inside headlight

Comment

These dont look good on our cars, leave them to audi. especially red ones.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X