Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

strut bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut bars

witch one should i get

Personally, I'd get the second one given those choices. The front bar is the most important one.

However, if you want something that REALLY works, the 4 point bar from Neuspeed is the one you want. However, if you have, or plan to install, a DOHC engine, it won't fit.

Another great option is a bar from ESP (www.explicitspeedperformance.net), who is a very reputable company with their own "member shop" here on this site. Their products are perfect, and their customer service is superb. Their prices are more than fair as well.

You get what you pay for.

Comment

1st ones look cheap.

2nd one looks much stronger.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

1st ones are a solid tube, so they MAY be strong... but yeah, they look like crap.

I have a Megan Racing bar in my car (a DC Sports knockoff... half the price, identical bar). It's very rigid. Not as good as the Neuspeed or ESP bars (I have an H22, so Neuspeed is a no-go for me) but a good bar. Very inexpensive, too.

Comment

Neither. Any bar with a bolt as the flex point will be useless. I'd suggest a straight bar with no "bolt flex points".

aka Neuspeed Bar & ESP.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

My Megan bar is similar to #2 there... and while I don't disagree that a solid design is superior, that design is functional. The cheap Matrix bar that I had prior to the Megan bent. As long as the bar is ridig, it will do some good.

Comment

I just ordered a Megan racing strut bar that looks like #2 so I would go with #2 if I were you.

Comment

I don't want to sound like a dick but these bars won't do much if anything for your handling. The car will feel different but that's about it.

You need a triangulated bar that ties back to the firewall so the strut towers are supported by a more significant part of the chassis and not just tied to each other.

Comment

I dont like any of those cuz of the bolt thing on either side of the main bar. seems like itll flex there.

get the neuspeed one. or a tas one. those are 1 peice

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    However, if you want something that REALLY works, the 4 point bar from Neuspeed is the one you want. However, if you have, or plan to install, a DOHC engine, it won't fit.

Another great option is a bar from ESP (www.explicitspeedperformance.net), who is a very reputable company with their own "member shop" here on this site. Their products are perfect, and their customer service is superb. Their prices are more than fair as well.

You get what you pay for.
                    X2 I can't say from personal experience as far as the Neuspeed or the ESP bar because I have never driven with either on my car, but I have a Neuspeed i'm mounting tomorrow and will know first hand then lol. As far as ESP though i've NEVER read or heard any complaints about them. So far what i've read is that it may take a minute to get shipped to you, but that's because they hand make every piece as it's ordered. It's not mass produced by a machine or assembly line. Everyone has been happy with them. Either of those two choices and you can't go wrong. I got an ebay bar once for the fron that came with my Megan rear because the guy didn't want it and I got it for cheap and it ended up flexing adn staying bent in the center of it and that's exactly the opposite of what you want. You really do get what you pay for so measure twice and cut once. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X