Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1993 Accord LX: First Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1993 Accord LX: First Car!

I picked up a '93 LX today after a test drive and having a mechanic check it out. Found it on Craigslist: 136k miles, completely stock, clean title, and manual transmission.

Paint is bad, interior is filthy, and the suspension and power steering need some attention. But the body is mostly straight, the engine and transmission are running strong, and I got it fairly cheap.

It's the first car I've ever purchased and owned, and I'm feeling both excited and overwhelmed by all the work that needs to be done to restore it.

I love the CB chassis and I hope to finally start building one everyone here can appreciate.

No pictures until I can get it detailed!

Congrats on your first CB and welcome to the site.

You should focus your attention on the suspension and steering first. There is unlimited information on this site that will help you along the way. Here is one such link that will get you started.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=119467

Welcome to the family.

Comment

Congratulations on your new baby! After you check your suspension, I would do a complete tune-up / fluid change. That means changing coolant, oil, trans oil, brake fluid, clutch fluid (if applicable), and power steering fluid (only use honda fluid for power steering). Then i would change your spark plugs, wires, and dist cap, replace the thermostat / radiator cap. Clean out the iacv. Replace all radiator hoses, & vacuum lines (17 year old rubber if they were never changed). Check your timing, and go through the setting a base idle procedure. Oh and check the condition of your brake pads. Afterwards you should have a pretty happy and healthy car that should give you no "unexpected" strange issues.

An ounce of prevention is better then a pound of cure. Good Luck
      Last edited by cloudasc; 07-09-2010, 08:52 AM.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Please do not post in the Technical section unless you have a question about your car. Moved to OT.

Comment

My apologies, I'm not as familiar with the Beginner Forums. I've been lurking cb7tuner for almost a year! Thank you for moving me to the right spot.

And thank you for the tips onelifetwodream and cloudasc! Now I have a starting point.

Comment

Working...
          X