Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

burning oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burning oil?

so i recently swapped my block and put it all together. well im burning a shit ton of oil. or im runnin really rich. like the back of my car is black. any thoughts ???? and i have an oil leak.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

the back of the car.... im guessin u mean by the tail pipe area.if so like half ur bumper is black then yes ur runnin rich way rich.but if its only a little then its normal.... o do u have a stock cat on cause that would do it too.no cat more fumes and loudness.

my new turbo build

Comment

ya tail pipe area. just black. and ya i have stock cat...its old. i do have a greddy cat back exhaust system. but this is way to black to be that. like my car started running this rich after i did my swap. its just like black on the back. i have no idea what it could be and my check engine light comes on every now and then. but if i turn off the car and back on it wont be on again.
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

How old is your O2 sensor?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

fairly new. ide say like a year or less??
          i do go threw alot of oil too. but its cause a leak that i cant spot.
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
            fairly new. ide say like a year or less??
            i do go threw alot of oil too. but its cause a leak that i cant spot.
            If you can't find the leak go pick up a bottle of engine degreaser and spray it onto your engine and clean it with low pressure water and have everything cleaned up.

then start the engine for awhile or drive around and then park it and look for the oil leak.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
            1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
            2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
              If you can't find the leak go pick up a bottle of engine degreaser and spray it onto your engine and clean it with low pressure water and have everything cleaned up.

then start the engine for awhile or drive around and then park it and look for the oil leak.
              oh its leakin all around. i have an idea but the exhaust mani is kind of in the way. plus its a time thing. i have to drive every day. school and work.
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride

Comment

now that u metioned it.... its the map sensor box.u may not have all the vacume lines were they go.same thing happened to me when i put my new motor in.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                  now that u metioned it.... its the map sensor box.u may not have all the vacume lines were they go.same thing happened to me when i put my new motor in.
                  word ill check it out. ^
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride

Comment

yeah i was burnning a half a tank in like 20 miles.and i was smokin straight black smoke.and i think my idol was really low 2.

my new turbo build

Comment

yeah i was burnning a half a tank in like 20 miles.and i was smokin straight black smoke.and i think my idol was really low 2.
                      there is this like air control thing that attaches to the box and behind the lights right? mines disconnected and i think that's why. it attaches to a hose going to the intake manifold.
                      Accord SE

93se
                      Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
                        there is this like air control thing that attaches to the box and behind the lights right? mines disconnected and i think that's why. it attaches to a hose going to the intake manifold.
                        so did u plug it in???

my new turbo build

Comment

so did u plug it in???
                          ya no change.
                          oh and now well i was on my way home and when i shift to idol it just wants to die. it has restarted everytime so far but like shit man idk where to start.
                          Accord SE

93se
                          Members Ride

Comment

my bad but can we move this to beginner performance? i prob should have put it their first.
                            Accord SE

93se
                            Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                            X