Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

whats the best clutch kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is great info since im doing the 5speed conversion and was looking for info on clutch and flywheel....by the way is F1 racing flywheel = fidanza?

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Im an advanced clutch technologies fan(act) all the way!
      You can dial the kit into what your looking to do and they hold well
      are usually a great price for what you get.

Exedy is the company who makes and supplys most of the factories clutch kit.
      But they have a good upgrade line too!

DO NOT BUY A NO NAME CLUTCH COMPANY ON THIS PART!
      THIS IS A PART THAT YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET!

Comment

I got exedy and it came with the bearing, paid 150shipped, I'm using it with the bisi flywheel, I love it

Comment

Im going to be going with SPEC on both clutch and flywheel with a fresh h2a8 trans (if I can find one) come this fall. I've heard nothing but excellent things about them. albeit a bit pricier in comparison, its like the header debate. you get what you pay for in performance.

My 93 CB7

My 79 Continental

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
            this is great info since im doing the 5speed conversion and was looking for info on clutch and flywheel....by the way is F1 racing flywheel = fidanza?
            i just did the 5spd conversion on my cb and so far everything is great, my front suspension is blown, so a bit of noise in the front while driving, but other than that, the transmission works great, and my clutch and flywheel, were brand new, it was a junkyard buy, (clutch and flywheel) but i got lucky, and it was actually brand new! i hope you get the conversion done soon, its awesome, and i also learned stick basically after my conversion, and i love it!

Comment

I can speak for SPEC and Competition Clutch, both great brands.

I have heard good things about ACT and Clutch Masters.

I do not like LSD Motorsports, as I was recommended inappropriately on my mild red project. The clutch hardware fitment and operation was fine, but it slipped on me by 40K miles (LSD stage 1, recommended by tech). Perhaps a stage 2 was more appropriate.

I do not have any official documentation, but I am under impression that if you use a lighter flywheel/plus camshaft upgrade with your new cluch combo to go one more level beyond the engine torque output. It seems more clutch wear occurs on launches from a stop, due to higher engine RPMs because of lighter flywheel. The clutch needs to have enough clamp load to handle these impact engagements, without slipping or wear occurs over time. That is what seemed to occur in situation explained above.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my mild red project also idled at 1200 RPM due to Delta 272 camshaft, so normal launches from a stop started at that idle point.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-24-2010, 09:47 AM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
              X