Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Mr2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Mr2

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/1677887143.html

For $1950??

The car *looks* like it's in great shape exterior wise, horrible looking wheels, but it is a t-top, 5 speed...it looks like the interior is velour, which I'd rather have than the leather. An old friend of mine had a 91 mr2 that had leather interior and it was cracked to shit and I've never seen a leather interior in these things that wasn't.

I'm thinking about giving the guy a call and inquiring about it, how many miles, etc...Maybe I'll have a second project soon...
    '93 LX Coupe

Originally posted by jakeafton View Post
    http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/1677887143.html

For $1950??

The car *looks* like it's in great shape exterior wise, horrible looking wheels, but it is a t-top, 5 speed...it looks like the interior is velour, which I'd rather have than the leather. An old friend of mine had a 91 mr2 that had leather interior and it was cracked to shit and I've never seen a leather interior in these things that wasn't.

I'm thinking about giving the guy a call and inquiring about it, how many miles, etc...Maybe I'll have a second project soon...
    Looks nice, ive always liked those MR-2's. a word of advice tho, ure sig is waayy too big. u shud resize it as soon as possible.

Originally posted by scudweiser
    i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

They're awesome cars. Lots of fun to drive...

Ehh?? It's smaller than your sig on all three of the computers I use to access. is it huge to anyone else? The pic itself is only 160x120...
      '93 LX Coupe

Comment

o, it was huge earlier. lol. maybe my comp was fuckin up!

Originally posted by scudweiser
        i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

They are awesome cars to drive. I wouldn't want to own one though. Parts are hard to come by and you basically have to drop the engine everytime you need to work on it. <- It's not hard to do......just gets annoying. Very few shops know how to work on them.

Comment

my next door neighbor has an mr2-t, with like 40,000 miles, he wants like 9,000 for it, i would be all over that! if its rust free.

Comment

Originally posted by **CB7** View Post
              They are awesome cars to drive. I wouldn't want to own one though. Parts are hard to come by and you basically have to drop the engine everytime you need to work on it. <- It's not hard to do......just gets annoying. Very few shops know how to work on them.
              really? its basically just a celica 5s motor in there. unless its turbo then thats when it gets hard (the 3s i think). but who would ever buy an N/A mr2? lol

no
              Accord turbo kit under $2k here
              $30 HID kits here Thread
              "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
              "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

well it's pretty nice but the cost is ok??? i guess
                VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

turbo or n/a? ...looks n/a...asking price is below blue book

Are you prepared for a project car? This isn't going to be a reliable car...it'll need work.

These things are a bitch to work on...pain in the ass! Zero room around the engine.
                  Last edited by bcjammerx; 05-01-2010, 01:55 AM.
                  ____

Comment

I'm more than prepared to work on it that's the whole point!

I would be buying a 3sgte swap for it. I've worked on these cars before, I know the "frustrations," with the engine bay.

As far as it being reliable, I dunno about that. A close friend of mine, the one mentioned previously, had over 300k miles on his N/A with not even a worry. He drove that thing EVERYWHERE. He bought it with about 200k and in the span of 5 years he put 100k on it...never had a problem that he didn't create. Like running into the back of a city work truck....but even that wasn't very bad. screwed up one of his headlights good but I bent that thing back down and it worked great even after a tow hitch destruction.

I've just never seen an MR2 that looks like it's in that kind of shape for that price...

If the guy still has it next month I'll have myself a new project...
                    '93 LX Coupe

Comment

MR2s are fairly cheap anymore. Ones that are in good condition are usually worth paying the price for. They're great cars, with lots of potential. I'd love one myself... but I can't imagine they're too fun to work on!

As for the sig, I saw it small once, and it's been nearly full-screen sized ever since. It has been removed. I assume you resized within your image host? Make the picture small on your own machine, then upload it to a host... you won't have a size issue that way.

Comment

I'll go take a look at it for sure.

Interesting, I didn't realize that would cause a problem. Paint.NET resized and fixed.
                        '93 LX Coupe

Comment

cb7's are reliable too...but...some things don't last...
                          ie. ball joints, bushings...little things like that...engine wise yeah the mr2 is a champ!

Sounds like you know what you're getting into
                          ____

Comment

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                            really? its basically just a celica 5s motor in there. unless its turbo then thats when it gets hard (the 3s i think). but who would ever buy an N/A mr2? lol
                            Yes, I was referring to the mr2 turbo.

Comment

Working...
                            X