Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Legends Never Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love that theme, suits the car well....id buy it

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

air ride is awesome!
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

is the rusty look still going? i heard it was more of an euro thing (VW/BMW) but ive seen a few hondas rocking thre rusty hoods

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

repost hehe http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157940
          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post

This is The Shark or Rusty. BMW E28. 1JZ Twin Turbos
            Bagyard Air Ride
            Car belongs to Michael Burroughs, also took the pictures.
            I dont mind it coming from a junk yard and being restored. I am all for recylcing and stretching or holding on to items (going against our culture of being a throw away society).

However i have a couple of issues here.

From a restoration point of view it is not original.

From an environmental point of view it is not going to last (since the paint is near gone and high risk for abuse or theft)

From a safety point view it is not going to be safe (since its modified and no safety modifications eg. roll cage)

From an Art point of view it doesnt have enough to make it look like one painted by Andy Warhole or Ken Done to name a couple which BMW does have.

I love BMW's but i think this one is a dead end and only good for the now.

Modifying it removes the classic status (as its not oem)
            Modifying it removes the reliability and durability status
            Painting it removes likely hood of another would be owners chances of restoring it

I dont have anything against BMW. Actualy if anything is pulled from the junkyard i think its commendable! However if its is just to be turned to a high maintenance, high risk and highly modified vehicle then in my opinion it makes pulling it from the junk yard a short lived one. It will make its way there again in no time.

Just my Opinion.
            Last edited by JDMDriver; 04-14-2010, 08:46 AM.
            Rides:

Accord
            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
              I dont mind it coming from a junk yard and being restored. I am all for recylcing and stretching or holding on to items (going against our culture of being a throw away society).

However i have a couple of issues here.

From a restoration point of view it is not original.

From an environmental point of view it is not going to last (since the paint is near gone and high risk for abuse or theft)

From a safety point view it is not going to be safe (since its modified and no safety modifications eg. roll cage)

From an Art point of view it doesnt have enough to make it look like one painted by Andy Warhole or Ken Done to name a couple which BMW does have.

I love BMW's but i think this one is a dead end and only good for the now.

Modifying it removes the classic status (as its not oem)
              Modifying it removes the reliability and durability status
              Painting it removes likely hood of another would be owners chances of restoring it

I dont have anything against BMW. Actualy if anything is pulled from the junkyard i think its commendable! However if its is just to be turned to a high maintenance, high risk and highly modified vehicle then in my opinion it makes pulling it from the junk yard a short lived one. It will make its way there again in no time.

Just my Opinion.
              i may be baseless in this observation, but i believe you are missing the point. the guy with the car is just trying to do something different and stir up talk-regardless of whether its hate, love, or confusion-and he did a damn good job of it. hell, he even got a magazine feature out of it.

side note though, what did he modify that affects the safety? other than the broken windshield and bent a-pillar (which he didnt do himself, and wasnt intentional), nothing on that car is unsafe. there are thousands of cars on air and they only run into problems when the setup is installed or serviced wrong.

as far as the "art" comment goes, this car is certainly one of the best instances i've ever seen where a car is the subject. Art is not reserved for the big names like, as you said, andy warhol or ken done. also, many people say that a car cannot be art, but in my opinion it is the perfect medium. if you think about it, a car is a unique opportunity as people view them not only as mere appliances, but also have a personal connection to them.

the artist can take that appliance and make his statement with it and not only will it be recognized by people other than the usual art-gallery-going crowd, it will also tap into each person's connection to cars.

when you do something as outlandish as this to something normal (think warhol's campbell soup paintings), it will spark conversation and a way of thinking that wasnt there before.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                i may be baseless in this observation, but i believe you are missing the point. the guy with the car is just trying to do something different and stir up talk-regardless of whether its hate, love, or confusion-and he did a damn good job of it. hell, he even got a magazine feature out of it.

side note though, what did he modify that affects the safety? other than the broken windshield and bent a-pillar (which he didnt do himself, and wasnt intentional), nothing on that car is unsafe. there are thousands of cars on air and they only run into problems when the setup is installed or serviced wrong.

as far as the "art" comment goes, this car is certainly one of the best instances i've ever seen where a car is the subject. Art is not reserved for the big names like, as you said, andy warhol or ken done. also, many people say that a car cannot be art, but in my opinion it is the perfect medium. if you think about it, a car is a unique opportunity as people view them not only as mere appliances, but also have a personal connection to them.

the artist can take that appliance and make his statement with it and not only will it be recognized by people other than the usual art-gallery-going crowd, it will also tap into each person's connection to cars.

when you do something as outlandish as this to something normal (think warhol's campbell soup paintings), it will spark conversation and a way of thinking that wasnt there before.
                x2, haters are just jealous.
                what you said about art...Art is not reserved for the big names like, as you said, andy warhol or ken done.
                ya i agree 100%.
                Accord SE

93se
                Members Ride
                Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

ah you guys beat me to it..

was featured in S3 around december... sick car.. i preferred it all rusted

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby View Post
                    sick car.. i preferred it all rusted
                    x2, the air ride doesnt seem to fit with everything he did either.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Lots of negativity yo.. The owner likes it right? isnt that all that matters. (or should matter) gotta be a beast tho, I can digg it

Comment

niceee
                        1992 Honda Accord Lx
                        [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

looks sick always like old school bemmers

Comment

ok so there is an update on this car, it actually turns out legends do die.

garage caught fire and ya car was destroyed, i do not know the plans for it.
                            Accord SE

93se
                            Members Ride

Comment

That happened months ago.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                                That happened months ago.
                                yes.

i was just posting it here and making a sarcastic remark. and for thos who did not know the info is now here.
                                Accord SE

93se
                                Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X