Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

supercharged chevy cavalier vs cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharged chevy cavalier vs cb7

I raced a 3800 series V6 supercharged chevy cavalier and lost. I didn't just loose, I got spanked!! The dude wanted to know if I wanted to race, because he just put a new motor in his car. So I said sure, figured it would be another easy race.

So we lined up, and dude revs his engine. Thats when I knew I was in trouble, because you could here the supercharger wind up. I thought that the dude took the supercharged 2.0 ecotec and swapped it in. I figured it would be a close race at least. We started to go and that dude just took off. By the end of the race he was so far out in front of me it was krazy!!

The last 2 cars that did that to me was a 2000 Z28 camaro and a 2004 VW R32. So we pulled over to talk, and that dude showed me what he had. That was insane to see that V6 in there, but he did it. Then after that the dudes ego started getting big, and was hated on the "RICE BURNERS" as he was calling us. I told the dude to quit talking crap about the tuners. That it was a good race and he did good on his swap, and he just kept running his mouth. So I bounced and now I am thinking its time to buy a turbo for my car.

So if you get a cavalier wanting to race, be aware of what they might have under the hood!! It might be that supercharged 260 HP V6!!

Where there's a will, there's a way

I've heard of Cavaliers with that swap, but I've never seen one. I had a Grand Prix GTP with that engine, and holy crap... It choked up high (like 4500... lol) but it had tons of torque down low. I can't imagine what it'd be like in a Cavalier!

I hate when people get big heads. Yes, his swap is nice... but I know of quite few CB7s that would walk all over him. He's just doing the traditional American thing... drop the biggest engine you can fit into the smallest car possible. It's still a shittly little front driver, no different than our Hondas. The difference is that we do the Japanese thing... make as much power as possible with a little engine.

It still throws me off when I think that some of the most renowned Japanese 6 cylinder turbo engines are only 2.6L

Comment

Working...
    X