Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Vehicle Identification Number

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Identification Number

Would it be true if a cb has a vin that started with j its jdm ?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157630

a VIN starting with J means the car was manufactured in Japan. If it starts with 1, 2, 3, or 4, it was manufactured somewhere in North America, etc. In our CBs, it'll either start with J (Japan-built) or 1 (Ohio-built).
    Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
    2005 Acura TSX 6MT
    2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
      a VIN starting with J means the car was manufactured in Japan. If it starts with 1, 2, 3, or 4, it was manufactured somewhere in North America, etc. In our CBs, it'll either start with J (Japan-built) or 1 (Ohio-built).
      so if my car was manufactured in japan would it make more jdm then a cb built in ohio lol ????????

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157630

Comment

I've literally spent the last 10 minutes trying to find a way to respond to what you just said.

to conclude...
        If it truly makes you that happy, then yes, I'd be happy to tell you it makes your car "more JDM". Much more JDM than those silly right hand drive CB7s sold in Japan.

But I digress
        Last edited by Nurega; 03-05-2010, 03:46 AM.
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Whieroman View Post
            so if my car was manufactured in japan would it make more jdm then a cb built in ohio lol ????????

If its manufactured in Japan, than its JDM.
            If it was manufactured in USA, then it USDM.

And no it does not make it "more" JDM, its just plain JDM if it was built in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
              damn, I should have thought of that. A simple smiley would have sufficed...
              2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Where are the "4" VIN=codes from? I know 1 is USA, 2 is Canada and 3 is Mexico or vice versa, but i dont know where 4 comes from.

JHM Vins are not necessarily "made in Japan". Remember, there were RHD CBs made here, in the US. There were also ones given "JHM" VIN codes. Why, i dont know. Maybe they were left overs.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post

And no it does not make it "more" JDM, its just plain JDM if it was built in Japan.
                  whoa there. A Japanese-built accord for the US market is still USDM. Similarly, US-built coupes for the Japan market are JDM.
                  2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                    Where are the "4" VIN=codes from? I know 1 is USA, 2 is Canada and 3 is Mexico or vice versa, but i dont know where 4 comes from.
                    Oh, I honestly thought the 4 designation was for Mexican built vehicles; I stand corrected. Just looked it up; US designation is 1 OR 4.
                    2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

I dont think ive ever seen a 4 VIN code before. Not on any car ive ever looked at anyway.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i guess my cb is jdm since it starts with a j....but has no jdm features

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

I'm not trying to be a dick but are you really that nit picky about how JDM your car is? What if it was built in Japan by a bunch of americans working there..........

Comment

I agree, this is getting a little ridiculous. to the OP, hope you got a kick out of these responses.
                            2005 Acura TSX 6MT

Comment

This thread made me laugh. Then I read this statement,

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post

JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market not made in Japan. If it's built in Japan and sold for the US market it's a US domestic market vehicle aka USDM and vice versa.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X