Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hi All - NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All - NZ

Thought I'd better introduce myself.

I live in New Zealand - From what I have seen, this is an US based forum. New Zealand is not in the US :P

My CB will be a little different to your. Chassis code is actually CB3 and my particular Honda was one of the last built/assembled in NZ before the factory closed down. Now everything is Imported already assembled. However, vehicles are still sold as 'NZ New' here.

The reason i'm here? I own a 1993 Honda Accord LXi (CB3) Manual Sedan.
    The (not-so) Powerplant is an F20A5.

I also own a few other cars including...

1985 Honda Civic Si
    1996 Jaguar XJR
    1972 Triumph 2000
    1972 Austin 1300 GT
    1974 Austin 1300 GT

I have recently just sold my 2000 Honda Accord Euro R (CL1 JDM Import) which I used for track racing.

I also used to own another 93 CB3 LXi as my second car about 8 years ago, modified typically as a teenager. Loved it so much, I had to get another.

Cheers

Jared

Welcome!

One of our staff members is actually from New Zealand

The F20A5 is a dog in stock form, but the head is the same as the F22A engine... and people have done amazing things with that head. That head can outflow and H or B series Honda head when it has some work done. The port design and valve angles are fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Welcome!

One of our staff members is actually from New Zealand

The F20A5 is a dog in stock form, but the head is the same as the F22A engine... and people have done amazing things with that head. That head can outflow and H or B series Honda head when it has some work done. The port design and valve angles are fantastic.
      Thanks for that information. I am quite happy with the engine. This is not a car I want to extensively modify. I do not want to try and make it into something it's not.

Just a daily driven street car. Its done over 230,000km's, I am only the 2nd owner, doesnt use a single drip of oil. No need to be replacing the engine yet!

Comment

Very true. They are definitely good for their original intended purpose... reliable, efficient, and comfortable!

They actually have a LOT of performance potential, though. Great suspension design, fantastic engine design...

I'd love to have that Jag of yours... though I'd drop an American V8 in there

What sort of track racing did you do with the CL1?

Comment

Sweet! welcome!

Comment

Welccome!
            I would love to see some pics of your CB3, I thing you guys have the trunk I want on my CB. I know I will never be able to afford the shipping charges, but I love the small trunk lights.
            Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
            CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
            Coupe MRT

Comment

Thanks all.

Yes the Jaguar is an amazing car. 320 HP, Supercharged 6 cylinder.

I will be posting more pics once I start a thread in 'Member's Rides'

Circuit racing was the idea in the CL1, it never quite got competitive but it was still so much fun. Will be looking at getting into it again at some stage but with a different platform. Maybe an EJ1 Civic Coupe (Kind of rare to find over here).

Thanks

Comment

Welcome!

New Zealand has some very nice jdm stuff! I got a few parts from NZ.

Can't wait to see how clean your cb3 is.

Comment

Ooh, you have the supercharged Jag! Nice!

Where the hell is Colin...

Comment

OP: Welcome to CB7T

That's awesome you're from NZ.

life is good.

Comment

Yea we import most of our vehicles from Japan. I see you guys go crazy for jdm stuff where as we dont see much US stuff. Except for the CD wagons. They're everywhere!

I posted up some pics in the 'post your sedan' thread

Comment

oi

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by NZDM View Post
                          Yea we import most of our vehicles from Japan. I see you guys go crazy for jdm stuff where as we dont see much US stuff. Except for the CD wagons. They're everywhere!

I posted up some pics in the 'post your sedan' thread
                          The CD wagon is the only CD I really like! Do you have LHD CD wagons there, or are they just the LHD "Made in America" models (the CB wagons are like that... they come with Honda of America badges on them... assembled here in Ohio)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Where the hell is Colin...
                            Only took me 2 weeks to finally discover this thread

We don't have any LHD cars, unless specially imported, but we do have RHD CD wagons.

Welcome aboard, I think we're up to a total of 4 or 5 NZ members here now.
                            Hope you stay around, The others seem to disappear all the time lol.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                              Only took me 2 weeks to finally discover this thread

We don't have any LHD cars, unless specially imported, but we do have RHD CD wagons.

Welcome aboard, I think we're up to a total of 4 or 5 NZ members here now.
                              Hope you stay around, The others seem to disappear all the time lol.
                              Hey mate,

Yea, I have noticed a couple of other people from NZ. (S)low CB? as well?

Im a regular over at NZHondas.com, but there is not a hell of a lot of information on the CB. Seems to be quite a following overseas.

Comment

Working...
                              X