Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where can I rent a Tow Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I rent a Tow Vehicle

I need a truck to tow a our S2000 on an open trailer from Mass to virginia and Back.

I've already tried Enterprise, Avis, Budget, Penski, Uhaul and a few other common ones and either they forbid towing with their vehicles or it would cost us more than $1,000 with their mileage fees.

I also contacted Ford who apparently rents trucks for half the price of Uhaul but you need to be 25 to Rent/drive the vehicles. Eric is 24 and 10.5 months. wtf

Does anyone have any other Ideas on how to find a tow vehicle for like a week in march?
    "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
    - Ernest Hemingway

If you've got something that can pull the weight, rent a tow dolly.

Or, rent their shit and disconnect the speedometer cable, then hook it back up before you return the truck. It's saved me a bundle or two in the past.

Comment

have u tried company that ship ur car i know my friends cost 500 to ship from seattle to ca
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154842

Comment

I have the Trailer... I'm looking to rent a Truck.

I've considered transporting the car but we're going to a track so it's not like me or anyone else is going to be there to accept it. Plus we can't take the chance of it not arriving on time.
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

ohhh humm lol
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154842

Comment

Why cant it be driven on it's own?

I like what visualpoet suggested.

Or hit up oneoffaccord. He's in NY, but he's got a nice big truck im sure he'd be willing to help out.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
              Why cant it be driven on it's own?

I like what visualpoet suggested.

Or hit up oneoffaccord. He's in NY, but he's got a nice big truck im sure he'd be willing to help out.
              It can be driven on it's own but we don't want to drive it there b/c we won't have any vehicle to drive around with once we go through the inspection and if something happens we'll be stuck down there.
              - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                It can be driven on it's own but we don't want to drive it there b/c we won't have any vehicle to drive around with once we go through the inspection and if something happens we'll be stuck down there.
                lie to uhaul?
                Bought From
                Tommi
                RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

Originally posted by Eazy M 316 View Post
                  lie to uhaul?
                  Uhaul will allow us to rent it, it's just really expensive. $20 a day plus .59 cents per mile. It's 700 miles there.

And I don't really see how lying will help b/c the other places that don't allow towing don't set their trucks up for towing. I'm not about to attach a 2" ball to a bumper and try to tow a car and trailer. lol
                  - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I feel your pain, i wanted to rent an suv or a pickup truck last week but they wont lend me.. bcoz i am 22 and there policy is not to lend under 25.

Anyways, here is an idea.. why dont you buy a cheap suv or a pickup for under 2k.. or borrow a reliable one from your family or friend and pay them some money to keep them happy?

If you do buy one, you can always sell it back for more or equal to the price you bought it for. I know a freind who did this, and it worked for him.

Comment

Trying to stay away from this suggestion?

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      If you've got something that can pull the weight, rent a tow dolly.

Or, rent their shit and disconnect the speedometer cable, then hook it back up before you return the truck. It's saved me a bundle or two in the past.

Comment

Just save yourselves the trouble and try really hard to find someone with a truck that can pull it.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          Trying to stay away from this suggestion?
                          I call people like you "job security"

Masawar - i know it's a little late but Enterprise will rent to people under 25 for an additional cost. I've had to pay that little extra in the past.

I really don't have many friends that have a tow vehicle and are willing to let me borrow it for 5 days and put like 1,500 miles on it. Not even my own father will let me borrow his SUV.

I do however have a friend who is suppose to be picking up a truck this weekend. If all goes well he might just come with us, but he's getting the truck from CL so i'm not holding my breath.

I've even considered leasing a truck for 6 months lol
                          - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

it seems you have exhausted your options here
                            1993 Accord LX - Sold
                            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

i know

That's why I posted it here hoping someone would have some LEGAL ideas I hadn't even considered yet.
                              - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                              X