Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Noobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont worry i found out already.

Posts to Image gallery and appearance do not count.

Posts to technical does.
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

I consider myself a post whore....BUT....I usually...usually being the key word here, have something of importance to ask,reply to or to post for everyone else's entertainment etc.

I've been on many forums over the past 9 years, and if I were to collectively add all my posts,I'd probably be somewhere in the hundreds of thousands.

I do spend quite a bit of time on this and a few other forums. I'm always trying to learn something, find something fun and best of all, over the years, I have met some very good friends both in person and online just from joining a forum.

I enjoy this forum very much, and I felt right at home immediately after trolling a bit before joined to make sure this wasn't a Honda community full of 18 yr olds with the gold in the mouth, hat turned sideways and pants on the ground type of kids.

Comment

I think post whores are ok they say funny shit a lot, very sig worthy things

people who bash on newbz are just ethugs

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Did you bother reading the threads at the top that explain that?

Do you really think we're going to count your posts that say "nice car", "cute dog", and "wut movie do u like?"

No. Only the posts that actually concern CB7s count.

This has been said in the "sticky" threads above... as well as a bunch of other information that would be very helpful for you to read.
          With all due respect and not trying to start a flame here but saying "Do you really think we're going to count your posts that say "nice car", "cute dog", and "wut movie do u like?" doesnt help. It would have been more helpful to say posts in Beginner Technical/Performance questions count.

Saying "Only the posts that actually concern CB7s count" is really clear as mud and didnt help either. This confused the hell out of me, as posts ive made about in beginner gallery and begineer image etc were about CB's. It sure wasnt about the earths rotation or nostradamus. Why not just say the Technical/Performance forums posts count because your helping people.
          Last edited by JDMDriver; 02-15-2010, 12:40 AM.
          Rides:

Accord

CR-X
          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

When a new noob asks me i sure wont give them vague and run around (indirect or double meaning) answers when all they want to know is what counts and what doesnt.

Can be easily summarised in the following form:

Beginner Image Gallery = doesnt count

Beginner Appearance = doesnt count

Beginner Off Topic = doesnt count

Beginner Technical/Perfomance = counts

Beginner Audio = counts

Not complete but how hard is that? Not hard at all and not misleading.
            Rides:

Accord

CR-X
            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
              some members take years to get 30 post... lol.

but i've seen those bashing on the noob post also.
              I think some take years or give up because they dont know why they have been posting and the counter doesnt tick.

They may be noobs but not all noobs are noobs mechanically (or out to only flame and cause havock).

I too experienced this frustration.

Letting them know what posts to which forums work & dont work is not cheating. If they post crap, post whore and/or flame all the time they will get spotted and kicked out anyway.

However loss of potential members (that are legitimate) due to confusion in post counts is a waste and a loss in our knowledge pool.
              Last edited by JDMDriver; 02-14-2010, 11:37 PM.
              Rides:

Accord

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude

Comment

I only bash the ones that i know are whoring. I look at their actual posts and if theyre short anf within a short time period, ill mess with em a little bit. Otherwise, i dont care.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I find it funny that this thread is about giving new members a rough time for post whoring, but I would also include spamming, which there are 6 of the 20 posts by JDMDriver. In fact, when viewing his profile, he's responding to this thread yet again.

I think there's always been those little shits that post "Nice", "x2", "cool", etc when replying, thinking they're racking up post counts and getting away with it. It's really annoying because it clutters up the threads (just like littering). I've since turned off 'view signatures' so I have less of that. I think it comes in waves, and when there's a thread that says "Dont do this!", and people disregard the stickies, and the other topics (sometimes immediately below the one they just made) it's seen as that poster being a noob. Nobody likes to see one person post the same question 3 times, or reply to his own thread using a new thread, or ask "Where can I get ______?" in someone else's MRT, or anywhere that the threads at the top of the section strictly say do NOT do.

I get extremely annoyed when pedestrians walk across street crossings when the DO NOT WALK lights are (and have been) on. It's a blatant disregard for the rules, and disrespecful to drivers. Same goes with the community. In a way some of us view this place as our second home, and when someone walks on our nice carpet with dog crap on their shoes - when pointed out they say, "GAWD SORRY I DIDENT NOES FFS GIEVE ME A BRAKE!!!".

It comes down to the fact that there's always going to be those days when one or more of us have little tolerance for that kind of behavior, and we tend to be less inhibited to voice our concerns on here.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                    I find it funny that this thread is about giving new members a rough time for post whoring, but I would also include spamming, which there are 6 of the 20 posts by JDMDriver. In fact, when viewing his profile, he's responding to this thread yet again.
                    Read the dictionary and get your definitions right regarding spamming before making a comment. My posts are neither whoring nor are they spams as my posts are neither advertisments or cut and paste repetitions. They are genuine in seeking understanding and advise.

You however being supposedly a more senior member of this site not only refused to provide helpful assistance but proceeded to comment condescendingly on my posts seeking help.

That behaviour is more unbecoming a member than a new person who is in clear need of assistance. Trying to anticipate my move just shows how much of a tool you are.

Your post (rant) is exactly the type this thread is about!
                    Rides:

Accord

CR-X
                    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol

Prelude