Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Friend Killed Friday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friend Killed Friday night

Friday night a friend from high school was killed in a car accident. He had wrecked right beside where i wrecked my dads firebird, his gf and her friend was with. He had a 1994 Honda prelude that was modded quite a bit. It was his dads. He tried takin a tough turn doin 120mph. His gf's friend had said, tell him to slow down. Hes like yo calm down i got this, i got this. It was all over from there. He snowboarded,skated,and raced motocross. He lived on the edge everyday of his life. He went by the modo Go big or go home. Its just sad after all the extreme sports he did, he was killed in a car accident. The paper is wrong, His gf just has a broken collar bone, and his gf's friend has a broken back in 4 places and her pelvis broke in 3 places, will be hospital bound for quite sometime and has to learn how to walk again. The paper says 90mph but his girlfriend remembers it all and said they had just hit 120mph before the turn.

NEW COLUMBIA -- A star high school swimmer was killed late Friday and his two teen passengers seriously injured when the car he was driving in Union County at a speed up to 90 mph struck a pole and flipped.

Alex Moser, 17, a junior at Milton Area High, was the driver of a 1994 Honda Prelude that was traveling west on New Columbia Road in White Deer Township. A witness told state police at Milton that the car was traveling up to 90 mph. Moser lost control of the Honda on a right curve at 10 p.m. His car traveled across the opposite lane, struck and sheared a utility pole, flipped up to three times and stopped in a corn field just west of Gray Hill Road.

Moser was pronounced dead at the scene by Union County Coroner Wanda Walters.

His female passengers — Milton Area High students Emily McCaffery, 16, of New Columbia, and Brittany Bridge, 17, of Milton — were flown by helicopter to Geisinger Medical Center in Danville. Both were listed in fair condition Saturday afternoon, a nursing supervisor said. Only Moser and McCaffery were wearing seat belts.

As a freshman swimmer in the state Class AA championships in 2008, Moser finished fifth in the 100-meter backstroke and earned a medal. As a sophomore he finished 10th in both the 100-meter butterfly and the 100-meter backstroke at the state meet.

Moser became the third driver and second teen to die in a crash on Valley roads this year. A 19-year-old from Shamokin Dam was killed in a Jan. 10 accident on Route 204 in Penn Township, Snyder County. A 64-year-old Elysburg man was killed Wednesday morning after the Toyota Corolla he was driving was rammed by a tri-axle dump truck in Turbotville.

The Milton teen is also the second driver to die in a speeding-related crash on New Columbia Road since Oct. 16, when a 58-year-old Mifflinburg man’s compact station wagon failed to negotiate a curve, went airborne, hit an embankment and a tree about one mile east of Friday night’s crash.

Those who live along New Columbia Road in October said speeding is a problem along the winding 3˝-mile stretch between the Route 15 interchange and the White Deer Township municipal building, where both accidents occurred.

While the speed limit varies from 35 mph to 55 mph along the stretch — which is flanked by cornfields and open fields — residents complain about drivers’ speeding in the 40 mph areas that are lined by homes.

Assisting state police Friday night were the White Deer Township and Milton fire departments, Warrior Run and Evangelical EMS, and Geisinger Life Flight.

Eighteen people died in crashes on Valley roads in 2009.

I have no sympathy for people who abuses the streets.

He had a great sport career in front of him and seemed like he could of gone far in it. But at 17 to do something stupid like that is uncalled for.

Comment

It's sad that so many have died on that one road. Im with Jimy, in that, i dont have alot of sympaty for people who intentionally race and put other people's lives in danger, but it is always when this happens.

It's kind of conflicting too because he was wearing a seatbelt and died. One of the girls was not wearing a seatbelt and lived. Although their injuries are severe, they will overcome them.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

whats the thrill of takin a honda or anyany car around a turn doing 120mph, these are streets, not nascar, sorry 2 hear about your friend, but guy was young, young and didnt care wat any 1 told him, i dont go in cars that go 120 mph jus to get a high, if i want to get high i smoke weed.

id tell them, yo slow down, and if they give me a prob, i simply leave the car.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I talked to one of his best friends yesterday and he said he was with alex a few times when he had taken that turn doing 90mph, it scared the shit out of his friend but he always got lucky and made it. This time he went above and beyond and his luck ran out

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your friend man, it's tragic. No one should have to go before their time because of a stupid mistake. It's a shame that he can't look back on this, 10 years from now, even if he ended up being paralyzed, and say "ya know, totally wasn't worth showing off to those high school girls--I could've died". Now he'll never get that chance.

Lesson be learned. Honda's don't handle like pure buttsecks. In fact, in perspective they handle quite like shit. I also don't care whether people on here agree with me on that or not. A Honda is no rally racer. It's no hairpin-turn taking hotrod, namely, in excess of 100+mph. It's a Prelude, plain and simple. Every year I hear of accidents and/or accident related deaths happening around where I live, and every year I think the same thing to myself: It's horrible, for their families, for their friends, for everyone who loved them. And it all could have been easily avoided, but that's how it goes. Most the time we learn the hard way, some of the time we don't live to tell it's story.

life is good.

Comment

If you want to go fast side ways, take up drifting on the tracks.

If you want to go fast straight, take up drag racing on the tracks.

If you want to go fast around turns, take up auto cross on the tracks.

I don't care if your a daring driver, just don't do it when there are other people on the road and most importantly, people in your car. Every once in awhile people like to push their car. But do it on the tracks.

Comment

Its gonna be so hard for his girlfriend who was in the front seat, and has a broken collarbone to live on ya know? she seen him die. They were friends for so many years before they started dating. Its gonna be so rough.

Comment

x2 what people said, being an idiot on the road especially with another person in the car deserves no sympathy. i guess he "didnt got this".

Members Ride Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=149817
                  Over 10,634 miles traveled for CB7 meets and counting!

Comment

As DJ said though, people make dumb mistakes when young. And if alex survived he would have realized that. Theres no need to put him down, I just lost a friend.

Comment

Show some sympathy, guys. What he did was stupid, and it cost him his life. It's fortunate that he didn't kill his passengers. All to often, the driver survives, and kills those that were with him instead.

Brian, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this will serve as a wake up call to any of the MANY young people on here that have that same sense of invincibility. Of course you feel like you're in control. You ARE in control... right up to the point where you lose that control. Then you're along for the ride.

Comment

i don't feel bad for him. He lived the way he chose for himself and this happened. I feel bad for all those directly affected. the passengers and their families, his family, etc.

Comment

im sorry to hear what happened man. i wish his family you, and the ppl in the car the best. the thing is that he was young and dumb n trying to show off maybe. but we all have been young and dumb at some point. for those that have kids try to stress how dangerous it could be. with the lack of education and experience, kids tend to think they are invincible when driving. i had my few scare accidents that were able to give me a whole new insight on being a cautious driver.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                          disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

I'm sure we've ALL done stupid things while driving. I know I have. I was lucky enough never to have hurt myself or anyone else. I wrecked one CB7 going fairly slow, and my loss of control was very minor. I chose to let it hit the wall, rather than regaining control (which ended up being a life-saving decision... if I regained control, I'd have stopped in the wrong lane on a blind curve, and a car came flying around a second after I left that lane). I had the good fortune of being able to regain control. I wasn't injured. Even though the car was done for, I still drove it home. No cops. Nobody else's property was damaged. Lesson learned, the easy way.

I was lucky. I'm sure everyone on here that has a similar story will agree that they were lucky, and in many cases, stupid. lil_dcb7 just rolled his 350z and walked away unscratched. Again, lucky.

Comment

im afraid of high speeds because i had a blow out doing 80 mph on the freeway my car spun 6 times barely missing a pole and stop perfectly like some james bond type shit at the side of the road. it makes u think what could of happened. but younger ppl dont think about consequences. because they have never suffered a consequence.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                              disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Working...
                              X