Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My Interesting Day Today, As I Took The CB Out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Interesting Day Today, As I Took The CB Out.

Yea, I took her out to get her prepped for a long drive within the next few weeks to Cisco's place for the swap and suspension repair.

So my day went a little something like this...

First I had to get the car out of the backyard and into the driveway, which was a pretty serious chore. First, I had to borrow the neighbors large air compressor and roll it down to my house, then through the snow and dirt in the yard. After that, I had to put air in the tires, due to the fact that the two drivers side tires were completely flat. After a few minutes of stretching the air hose around the car in order to actually get air in the tires, (I was in a tight spot and the air compressor wouldn't fit) I was finished with that part of the deal.

Next it was time to move the car...or maybe not. I had to clear the excess ice and snow off the car before I moved it, and with no ice scraper around, I used my handy dandy CD case. That seemed to work out nicely, as it did the job just as well as any ol' ice scraper.

Now was where it got complicating. I had to actually move the car, which wasn't easy. I'm sure some of you know how hard it is to drive a lowered car through some pretty deep snow. Not to mention it was in the snow, on top of the grass/dirt, with the bad tires that are on my tiny stock wheels, that also make my car sit even lower. So yea, not so fun. Here's how it went, I started backing up and tried to keep a decent speed, but then as I turned to back onto the driveway, my back wheels went off of this big snow pile, leaving my car kind of stuck teeter-tottering with the front wheels not really wanting to do anything but spin and dig into the grass.

Yea, so anyway, the car was stuck. After wasting a lot of time digging, and throwing salt under the tires, I decided to be smart and use a floor jack to jack the car up and put some wood underneath the wheels that I could drive on to get off of the damn snow bank I was stuck on. It took all of five minutes to get my car into the driveway from there, and the hard part was done.

Now from here it was easy, I topped off all of my fluids, fixed my front lip, well, at least got it attached to the front bumper on the passenger side again, then proceeded to fix my broken valve cover stud.

Now this didn't go so well. As soon as I get the valve cover back on, I hit the road wanting to see if I'll notice any difference in performance considering I wasn't spitting oil everywhere inside my engine bay. Well, turns out I get her out on the road and after about a mile, my boy goes, "Holy shit bro, this bitch is smokin' like crazy!" Yea, it was definitely smoking.

I pulled over and popped the hood, then looked underneath the car to see oil dripping off of my exhaust under my engine, and yes, the oil was burning causing a large amount of smoke. So I wipe off around my valve cover so I can determine where the oil is coming from, and I suspected it was somewhere around the valve cover. So yea, wiped everything off and then revved it up a little to find oil spitting out of the back of the valve cover. My valve cover gasket wasn't completely sealed around it, so oil was spitting out of the back of the valve cover and dripping down onto my exhaust where it was burning and making quite the cloud of smoke.

So being the handy man I am, I got out one of my 3 toolboxes I had in the trunk and went to work fixing my error. After all this I finally got the car running as good as it could possibly run, and took it out for a long test drive.

I started on the back streets just peddling along making sure everything was working properly, then when I determined it was all good, I hit the highway. Long story short I brought her up to a decent speed, (I know, not a good idea with questionable suspension problems, oh well) and then I realized the CB was ready for the long trip to Cisco's place.

So the car will be waiting for the trip, and I'll get to experience the F22A6 one more time before the JDM F20A DOHC is swapped in, and I'll have a better idea of the old F22A6 to compare the performance to the new engine and transmission. I can't wait!

Now, if you guys seriously read all of this, congratulations, and thank you for your dedication to my very long thread. Overall, it was a very productive day.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Looks like you had a hard day .

Your F22 wasn't supposed to be blown???

And yes i've red all of your story haha.

Comment

damn bro sounds like you did have productive day. hell ive had a blown headgasket for about a month now just cant get motivated enough to do shit to my car.

Comment

No, the F22 was never blown. It's just old and tired and my tranny is going, but that won't matter a month from now when my swap is done.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed91cb7 View Post
          damn bro sounds like you did have productive day. hell ive had a blown headgasket for about a month now just cant get motivated enough to do shit to my car.
          C'mon man, get on that headgasket. I wasn't really motivated to do this either, but once I started I couldn't stop. It was nice to be able to drive the Accord again though.

Comment

Damn good day!

All I did today was take the alternator and power steering pump out along with fixing my moms CG. The remote trunk thingy wouldnt work.
            -Will

Comment

Hey kevin lol when i went to go do my VC gasket, the valve cover was barely tightened on too the bolts were barely torqued you could've loosened with two fingers..vibrations and maybe neglect from my car's previous owner probably. So lame. Plus the old gasket looked like it hadn't been replaced in, well...ever.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
                Hey kevin lol when i went to go do my VC gasket, the valve cover was barely tightened on too the bolts were barely torqued you could've loosened with two fingers..vibrations and maybe neglect from my car's previous owner probably. So lame. Plus the old gasket looked like it hadn't been replaced in, well...ever.
                Like my car when I got it, the VC gasket was SHOT! LOL, I had to replace it, and then I broke the stud. It stayed like that all this time because I thought I'd swap sooner. Now I'm actually doing it within the month and I finally decided to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                  No, the F22 was never blown. It's just old and tired and my tranny is going, but that won't matter a month from now when my swap is done.
                  Sorry i was sure it was blown...

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                    Sorry i was sure it was blown...
                    Oh, you were, were you?

Comment

Glad you got it ready to make the trip. What are your plans for the new motor? Are you staying n/a or going to boost it? Actually what are you doing with your old motor lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                        Glad you got it ready to make the trip. What are your plans for the new motor? Are you staying n/a or going to boost it? Actually what are you doing with your old motor lol?
                        Alright, so here's how it's going down right now-

JDM F20A DOHC with new automatic transmission (Yes, I am an auto guy.)
                        Bisimoto Intake Manifold Gasket
                        I/H/E

Soon after- (my plans)

Bisimoto Level 2.3 nitrous camshafts
                        AEM FIC controller for tuning (Because I'm auto and this is the best route.)
                        Wire harness for AEM unit
                        ZEX single fogger kit from TASauto.com (75 shot)

That's all I'm doing at first, until I decide I want more power, but that should be more than enough power for a DD.

As for the engine, I have somebody that I think may be interested in buying it off me, and if that doesn't happen, craigslist FTW. The old tranny will be scrapped.

Comment

Oh, you were, were you?

Lol yeah.

Still, i cant wait to see you're setup running. You should get to work ASAP lol jk, take your time it'll be sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                            Lol yeah.

Still, i cant wait to see you're setup running. You should get to work ASAP lol jk, take your time it'll be sweeter.
                            Don't worry my friend, it's in progress as we speak.

Comment

C'mon man, get on that headgasket. I wasn't really motivated to do this either, but once I started I couldn't stop. It was nice to be able to drive the Accord again though.
                              yea i miss driving mine too. its not really the headgasket im worried about. ive never done one before. im more worried about the timing belt and all that fun stuff. i called the honda dealership here they said they would fix the headgasket and have the head done and everything for about 680. i might just go that route.

Comment

Working...
                              X