Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BB6 Prelude Moonroof conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BB6 Prelude Moonroof conversion thread

Recently I was messaging with a few members on here regarding the possibility of swapping a BB6 moonroof into a cb7. I recently deleted my messages so now I can't remember who... I'm not doing this swap as I don't have a moonroof in my cb7 nor do I want one, but I have a complete BB6 moonroof assembly in my garage that I am more than happy to take measurements on for the benefit of anyone that may want to attempt this. So let me know if there is any interest in this and I'll make some diagrams with measurements for comparison.
    Last edited by wherm; 01-26-2010, 07:41 PM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

You can put it in my car for me. I won't charge you anything at all.

Comment

first time i ever thought about it. would be nice.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

im interested. if the whole mechanism fits in then the worst case is having to get a custom piece of glass to mount right?

i would love to have the option to just lift the rear of the moonroof to let some air out, or have the slide up/back style on the CB. seen it before. looks awesome.

Comment

Yea I see more and more is asking about this and werm I know your going to pull this out fast. if I had a BB6 spare roof around I would be doing this. here's an example for those who wonder :

Links to my rides :
          1992 Accord EX*
          1990 Accord EX
          1991 Accord SE (4th)
          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
          1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
            Yea I see more and more is asking about this and werm I know your going to pull this out fast. if I had a BB6 spare roof around I would be doing this. here's an example for those who wonder :

I won't be doing this mod...I like the looks but don't want the extra weight. I'm just throwing this out there for people who are interested but don't have an assembly handy to grab measurements off of.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

It be would sick. But IMO the Accord moonroof looks better. I don't like how the 'ludes stick out of the roof.
              Originally posted by chessboxer
              We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
              Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

If it could pop up and slide into the roof i would be interested. I hate the way it pops up and then slides vs sliding into the roof.

Comment

i want one with a handle and you spin it to open like in the BMW 320i's
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

this would really be nice if that person would join cb7tuner and make a diy on this sunroof setup, as i am a sunroof whore and love it repardless of weight and what others say.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      i want one with a handle and you spin it to open like in the BMW 320i's
                      also found in mk1 rabbits

Comment

the reason why the Prelude goes up and slide is because they don't have enough room for it to slide back like our Accords, which has enough room to do so.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                          also found in mk1 rabbits
                          and MK2 Golfs.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I just picked up the 4th gen prelude sunroof complete bracket and motor assembly.

Im going to pick up the 5th gen glass and attempt to do the setup into my CB7.

Sources for the 5th gen glass onto 4th gen rail/brackets:
                            http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=302601

MRT

Comment

dam that looks sick. i like having the look of the sun roof actually sliding up and being visible from others driving down the road..idk i have just always liked the look on my civic si and this sounds like a pretty good idea

Comment

Working...
                              X