Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

realy need help deciding on a new system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realy need help deciding on a new system

so this christmas my dad is set on getting me and my little brither a system. not sure why but im not complaining. we already have a wii thanks to my bro and hes gonna get us a ps3 or a 360. ive heard a lot of things from both sides and here's my opinion.
    ps3 is better, for blu-ray and graphics... but i have my heart set on forza motorsport 3 and it's only for xbox. my bro likes the ps3 better but it's not like he knows how to play anything other than mario games so i see no point in spending 300 bucks on a brnad new ps3.

any inputs, opinions, or experiences with both? im hoping the red ring is long gone and wont reappear if we do get the 360.
    Playstation 3
    75.00%
    Xbox 360
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
    so this christmas my dad is set on getting me and my little brither a system. not sure why but im not complaining. we already have a wii thanks to my bro and hes gonna get us a ps3 or a 360. ive heard a lot of things from both sides and here's my opinion.
    ps3 is better, for blu-ray and graphics... but i have my heart set on forza motorsport 3 and it's only for xbox. my bro likes the ps3 better but it's not like he knows how to play anything other than mario games so i see no point in spending 300 bucks on a brnad new ps3.

any inputs, opinions, or experiences with both? im hoping the red ring is long gone and wont reappear if we do get the 360.
    i go for the ps3

Comment

well as game manufacture say. they are maxxed out on resorces for the 360 but the ps3 still have a ton of potitonal.

ps3 will stick around longer to me
      1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

I love xbox 360. I had one that I had to sell due to money issues. But, I'd have no doubt getting another one.

I had mine for nearly a year without a single issue. The games are great, as are the graphics.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          I love xbox 360. I had one that I had to sell due to money issues. But, I'd have no doubt getting another one.

I had mine for nearly a year without a single issue. The games are great, as are the graphics.
          you think a used one or refurbished one will come across any problems? thats probably what im most concerned with.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
            you think a used one or refurbished one will come across any problems? thats probably what im most concerned with.
            Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

You can "fix" the red ring of death temporarily to screw over a new owner.
            If possible, buy new. Also purchase the extended warranty from whoever you buy it from.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie View Post
              well as game manufacture say. they are maxxed out on resorces for the 360 but the ps3 still have a ton of potitonal.

ps3 will stick around longer to me
              The ps3 is a blueray player.
              Bisimoto Engineering
              1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
              2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
              3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

You can "fix" the red ring of death temporarily to screw over a new owner.
                If possible, buy new. Also purchase the extended warranty from whoever you buy it from.

x2, my brother had a used one and it lasted llonger than my new one but in the end we both got red rings, but im a ps3 fan i only got a 360 while i waited for ps3 to release. Honeslty and all fanboy aside get a ps3 its a way more reliable system, graphics look better and u get a blu ray player free...i got tons of blu ray movies and its as much fun as playing games. You want Forza 3? then get grand turismo, its maybe 100x better, looks, gameplay are all supirior. Hope it helped and if u decide to join the DARKSIDE my gamer tag is " jaber18 "

...P.S. Did i mentioned you have to pay for xbox live? $50 a year and starting sometime next year microsoft is gonna double the charge to $100 a year...PS3 is FREE...FREE=happy in pants
                Last edited by JaberCB7; 12-17-2009, 11:13 AM. Reason: muahahah

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'll be buying a PS3 when GT5 comes out. I've heard too many horror stories of the RROD with the 360, plus I want blu-ray capabilities. Forza 3 does look nice though. I know a lot of people that still play PS2, not so many with the Xbox. I expect the same to be true with PS3/Xbox360 in 4+ years.

With that being said, short of GT5 coming eventually (its starting to look like Duke Nukem Forever), I can't find a compelling enough reason to pull the trigger yet on a PS3 (I only play racing games on console, otherwise I'm all PC)

Comment

well i think ou just swayed me. the unreliability of the 360 has fille dmy ears for the longest time and now i dont think it would be a wise buy. thanks guys looks like call of duty and GT5 are gonna be my first ps3 games!

Comment

Working...
                    X