Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Worst Thanksgiving EVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst Thanksgiving EVER!

So... yeah, as the title says I basically had a really shitty Thanksgiving.

First off was a trip to the ER. Strained lower back. UGH.

Next I found out my sister's husband has been cheating on her for 6 months.

Then, the biggie.

I go outside and start the CB....put my hand on the gearshift...solid. Nothing moved. No gears whatsoever. My tranny is f*cked.

Anyones Thanksgiving top that? lol

You see models at every car show.
    But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Dang. Don't let it bring you down. Last time my shifter didn't move, it was just the clutch release bearing that was broken, easy and cheap fix.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

bad back huh, how old are you

Originally posted by 1BadCB View Post

Then, the biggie.

I go outside and start the CB....put my hand on the gearshift...solid. Nothing moved. No gears whatsoever. My tranny is f*cked.

Comment

Then, the biggie.

shitty backs suck.

your brother in law needs to get beat up.

your trans aint just gonna up and break on you like that while its parked. chances are its a broken clutch part or something like that.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

That sucks. I have a bad back, and I almost never work on my car because of it... back pain is the worst!

I hope your sister drops that guy ASAP, and NEVER takes him back. Once a cheater, always a cheater. If someone is capable of doing that to someone that they love, what's stopping them from doing it again? That's a lesson I learned the hard way... I pretty much lost a good 6-7 years of my life by ignoring that idea.

What's your gearshift doing? It won't move at all, or won't change gears? Is your car manual or automatic? We can't do much about your back or your sister's good for nothin' husband... but we can help with the car!

Comment

I really hope you beat the shit out of your brother-in-law as soon as you got out of the hospital. That really sucks man, hope you get everything figured out

Underground.Society
            Originally posted by Deevergote
            If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Thanks guys, Im feeling a little better today...I've been stressing super bad lately. It seems like everything gets piled on me all at once. To make things worse its finals week.

My gearshift acted like it was stuck between third and fourth (manual trans.) but the more I messed with it, the less it would move. Its been acting up a lot during the last couple months so I really wasn't surprised that it finally gave it up. On the upside, should have another one in this weekend. And a new clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by alkoholikwun View Post
                bad back huh, how old are you
                Im 18....But I'm very athletic and have had a lot of athletic injuries in my high school days. I suffer for it now.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your news.

Comment

Thanks guys, Im feeling a little better today...I've been stressing super bad lately. It seems like everything gets piled on me all at once. To make things worse its finals week.

My gearshift acted like it was stuck between third and fourth (manual trans.) but the more I messed with it, the less it would move. Its been acting up a lot during the last couple months so I really wasn't surprised that it finally gave it up. On the upside, should have another one in this weekend. And a new clutch.
                    It could be a bad shifter fork... or possibly low fluid levels (mine shifted much more easily when I replaced the fluid). That, or your clutch isn't working properly.

Either way, a new clutch and transmission will certainly fix the problem! Make sure your master and slave cylinders are good also.

Are you getting another Accord transmission, or are you going to go with a Prelude transmission for shorter gearing?

And yeah... everything ALWAYS hits at once. If I think back to any of the major hardships in my life, I can tell you at least 3 or 4 others that occurred at the same time! Life doesn't get any easier as you get older... you just start caring less.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      Life doesn't get any easier as you get older... you just start caring less.
                      until you have kids....
                      i find myself cynical as ever when it comes to certain things, but when it relates to your kid or family in even the slightest way it seems to carry a huge emotional impact behind it.

catch22a to the extreme.

fuck the world and almost everyone in it from now until i'm gone.
                      but at the same time this stupid world better take good care of my little angel....

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

That's very true. I don't mean that you don't care about the world... just that life's difficulties never ease up... but you tend to accept it as normal as you get older.

Though young life's problems only look trivial in retrospect. At the time, they felt no less serious than the grownup problems experienced later. And today's grownup problems are probably going to look trivial when I'm suffering from old people problems!

Comment

When life seems a bit overwhelming, get drunk, go poop, take pics, post on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            That sucks. I have a bad back, and I almost never work on my car because of it... back pain is the worst!

I hope your sister drops that guy ASAP, and NEVER takes him back. Once a cheater, always a cheater. If someone is capable of doing that to someone that they love, what's stopping them from doing it again? That's a lesson I learned the hard way... I pretty much lost a good 6-7 years of my life by ignoring that idea.

What's your gearshift doing? It won't move at all, or won't change gears? Is your car manual or automatic? We can't do much about your back or your sister's good for nothin' husband... but we can help with the car!
                            Sorry 1BabCb for your bad Thanksgiving. Hey Deev, what happened? What did you do? My finance cheated on me. Im still with her but I want to move on. Help me. Lol. Im still young and I don't want to loose any years in my life.
                            Bisimoto Engineering
                            1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                            2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                            3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
                              Sorry 1BabCb for your bad Thanksgiving. Hey Deev, what happened? What did you do? My finance cheated on me. Im still with her but I want to move on. Help me. Lol. Im still young and I don't want to loose any years in my life.
                              How old are you, Robert?

Ditch her. Now.

I was married, briefly. I married the girl that I met on my 18th birthday. We were off and on for 8 years, and she cheated on me once, and we "broke up" a few times so she could date other guys... I should have learned then.

We got married when I was 26, and I came to learn that she had been cheating on me... since before we got married. Her best friend, the guy she was fooling around with, was also married... so she basically married me because he wasn't available. 7 months in, I learned about it. I still wanted to fix things, like an idiot.

Divorce took about 2 years. It was completed last July (could've been sooner, but I had to start working 110 hours a week to pay for my cars, house, and debts incurred for the wedding since "we" paid for it ourselves)

Here I am at 29, trying to remember how to date again. It's been 11 years since I dated, so I'm working with the dating skillset of an awkward 18 year old! In addition to that, I also have to bear the black mark of being divorced... no girl wants a "damaged" guy. No girl wants to be "the second wife". I've already met and lost what may have been the girl of my dreams for this very reason.

Feel free to PM me. This is my house, so most people already know my story (and those that don't, I don't mind sharing... it's nothing I'm ashamed of). If you would like to discuss things privately, I'd be happy to help where I can. Aside from my life experiences, I'm also about to begin a doctoral program for marriage and family therapy... (not that I can give official advice, but from one car guy to another, I can offer at least some useful words)

Comment

Working...
                              X