Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92/93 vs 96/97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92/93 vs 96/97

I realize this might be a bit biased as I am on a CB7 board, but I figured it was worth a shot. I am looking into getting another accord in the next few months. I absolutely love my '93 ex, but I'm considering a 96/97 accord as well. Anyone own one on here? Why or why not would you choose it? (I am looking to keep it stock other than a nice tint job and a possibly a new set of wheels.) I'm leaning towards the 92/93 again, but how could I not?

The engines in the 5th gen Accords don't have nearly as much potential. Other than that, the cars are close enough in terms of weight, suspension performance, and aftermarket.... so it's really just a matter of looks. www.CD5tuner.com exists as well.

Comment

The cb is simpler
      wat?

Comment

Very true. Especially when you're talking the OBD2 years of the 5th gen.

The 5th gen DOES have a V6 option, though. Auto only, and it's not all that powerful... but it's V6.

Comment

As far as reliability and everything though, they are pretty similar? I DO prefer the look of the CB7, but are there any out there with sunroofs that don't have the wheel well rust problem? Ive tried to get mine fixed so many times but no one will touch it and and I don't have the know how. Is the CD5 built the same way so that it is common to them as well?

Comment

CDs rust as well.

Comment

my sister-in-law has a 96 lx. everything about it is similar, except for the F22b engine. the brakes(discs, brake lines, calibers), suspension (shocks) are inter-changable. the stock ride is a bit firmer than our cb's.

Comment

Originally posted by 93ArcadiaCB7 View Post
                As far as reliability and everything though, they are pretty similar? I DO prefer the look of the CB7, but are there any out there with sunroofs that don't have the wheel well rust problem? Ive tried to get mine fixed so many times but no one will touch it and and I don't have the know how. Is the CD5 built the same way so that it is common to them as well?
                The problem with most Hondas is that black rubber trim piece that lines the outer edge of the wheel well. I don't know why Honda continued to put that part on all these cars.

I have owned both models. My 96 Accord was my first new car. I had a GREAT experience with it. Low cost of ownership. Honestly, it's really difficult to say which one I like better. I like the newer interior of the 5th gen, but I like the look of the 4th Gen better. I like the fact that it's lighter, too. Though a black coupe EX 96-97 would be hard to pass up.

Anyway, what I am saying is you can't go wrong with either.lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD View Post
                  The problem with most Hondas is that black rubber trim piece that lines the outer edge of the wheel well. I don't know why Honda continued to put that part on all these cars.

I have owned both models. My 96 Accord was my first new car. I had a GREAT experience with it. Low cost of ownership. Honestly, it's really difficult to say which one I like better. I like the newer interior of the 5th gen, but I like the look of the 4th Gen better. I like the fact that it's lighter, too. Though a black coupe EX 96-97 would be hard to pass up.

Anyway, what I am saying is you can't go wrong with either.lol
                  Great input. Thanks so much. I am on the same page as you. The interior is great, but can't beat the look of the cb7s. Black / white ones definitely catch my eye. Good tastes

Comment

Originally posted by AndyD View Post
                    yes, i don't understand why either. if you haven't already, just rip off the rubber piece so it doesn't rust further.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                    1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                    2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Working...
                    X