Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

supercharged ss BOO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

supercharged ss BOO!!!

wat do i need to do to blow a cobalt ss out of the water? cheapest way possible... all suggestions are welcome.
    clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
    Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

50 shot?

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
      50 shot?
      on a f22b2 that would be enough?
      clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

for the supercharged you would need anout 210whp. later.
        Last edited by TypeG; 11-12-2009, 06:48 AM.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Plenty of BOOOOSSTTT!!

Comment

I believe they are a high 14's car. You'll need to be boosted or 150 shot of nos. Why do you car anyways?

Comment

A 75-100 shot should do you just fine. Watch CL. Used n2o kits are on their all the time for less than $300. Safer for the motor than turbo or supercharging when used correctly.

Comment

i raced one that was stock from factory he's in my car club, when we went to the track he was doing mid 14's. to low 14's. when we raced on the street my mods were h22 with stock accord piping and a megan racing header and sri. i pulled about 2 and a half cars on him from a dig but he came back and passed me like nothing at.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

You need a lighter car with a better engine.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    You need a lighter car with a better engine.
                    lmao...... exactly.

If they are only low 14's at best then a motor swap is an option. Nitrous. DSM turbo kit at 8lbs maybe more. that should do you. or you could just wait until he is showing off his motor and pull a plug for a sensor. if it runs like shit he can't beat you. (and thats free.)

Comment

Those things are easy to mod, though. A smaller pulley on the supercharger is a dealer-installed option.

I messed with one on the highway with my bone stock DX... and he walked away from me. My H22 would have a hard time hanging with one that was driven properly (I've taken out faster cars that weren't driven well... )

Comment

haha, got smoked by a cobalt SS? i've been there....

a h22 will not even do the trick, they would have an extra 60+ HP on you. So a boosted h22 would do it. Maybe a non boosted if you rip out everything but the drivers seat :P

"The 2008 Cobalt is available with the SS performance package[7], which includes a 260-hp 2.0L straight-4 turbocharged engine with variable valve timing"
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Cobalt

Cobalt Years Engine Power Torque
                        2005–2006 2.2 L Ecotec L61 I4 145 hp (108 kW) 155 lb·ft (210 N·m)
                        2007–2008 2.2 L Ecotec L61 I4 148 hp (110 kW) 155 lb·ft (210 N·m)
                        2009 2.2 L Ecotec LAP I4 155 hp (116 kW) 150 lb·ft (203 N·m)
                        2006 2.4 L Ecotec LE5 I4 171 hp (128 kW) 163 lb·ft (221 N·m)
                        2007–2008 2.4 L Ecotec LE5 I4 173 hp (129 kW) 163 lb·ft (221 N·m)
                        2005–2007 2.0 L Ecotec LSJ S/C I4 205 hp (153 kW) 200 lb·ft (271 N·m)
                        2008-present 2.0 L Ecotec LNF Turbo I4 260 hp (194 kW) 260 lb·ft (353 N·m)
                        Last edited by Raf99; 11-12-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

The supercharged version isn't as powerful. The new turbo version is significantly more potent. Hell, even Car and Driver was impressed by it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            The supercharged version isn't as powerful. The new turbo version is significantly more potent. Hell, even Car and Driver was impressed by it.
                            205HP on the supercharged right?

Comment

daym so a cobalt isnt really nuthin to mess with... lol boosted h23 here i come i guess.
                              clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

Working...
                              X