Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

newb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newb question

any good exhaust setup to make my cb7 semi stock eng backfire just wants that sound that has a popping noise when the accelerator is let off. or do i need a bigger,better engine,with turbo to acquired it lol i did some research just wanna know if any1 has done it enlighten me ??
    Last edited by accordftw; 11-05-2009, 02:05 AM.

Ummmmmm, you could remove your resonator. But why?

GOT F?

Comment

Im in the dark why would you want to make your engine backfire?
      -Will

Comment

It's a fast and a furious thing , I guess.
        WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

sounds insAAAAne and why not give it a try if its possible i will do it

Comment

I don't think he literally wants his car to backfire...he just wants that sound that has a popping noise when the accelerator is let off...or whatever. I heard it before and it sounds cool. but I never thought how they achieved that sound...good quiestion

Comment

Let me guess, you're still in high school?

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by accordftw View Post
                any good exhaust setup to make my cb7 semi stock eng backfire or do i need a bigger,better engine,with turbo to acquired it lol i did some research just wanna know if any1 has done it enlighten me ??
                I think your referring to antilag?
                Its a waste of time on a standard car and it wears the internals fairly fast.
                Even on a turbo car its not the best thing because it also wears out the exhaust turbine.

Is there any particular reason why you WANT your car to back fire?

If you really want it to backfire you could put in some 10 year old sparkplugs, run it super rich, and remove the exhaust

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
                  I don't think he literally wants his car to backfire...he just wants that sound that has a popping noise when the accelerator is let off...or whatever. I heard it before and it sounds cool. but I never thought how they achieved that sound...good quiestion
                  thats exactly what i was thinking should of been more specific for this peeps

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                  I think your referring to antilag?
                  Its a waste of time on a standard car and it wears the internals fairly fast.
                  Even on a turbo car its not the best thing because it also wears out the exhaust turbine.

Is there any particular reason why you WANT your car to back fire?

If you really want it to backfire you could put in some 10 year old sparkplugs, run it super rich, and remove the exhaust
                  im sure theres another way besides putting 10yr old sparkplugs
                  why? sounds sweet
                  Last edited by evil_demon_01; 11-05-2009, 02:03 AM.

Comment

thats exactly what i was thinking should of been more specific for this peeps
                    Backfiring under deceleration is caused by unburnt fuel still present when there is no throttle being applied.
                    All hondas have deceleration fuel cut, so what you are wanting to acheive is not possible, unless you get a ecu chipped and tuned for that specific purpose.

im sure theres another way besides putting 10yr old sparkplugs
                    why? sounds sweet
                    That was sarcasm. Old plugs will make it miss not backfire.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I think the jist of what everyone's trying to say it's not good for your car to make that sound. Just run 2 1/4" straight pipe all the way back. I think the sound will fit your taste and it wouldn't hurt your car as bad as backfiring

or fuck it and drill a few holes in your exhaust manifold hah
                      Life's a garden. Dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        Backfiring under deceleration is caused by unburnt fuel still present when there is no throttle being applied.
                        All hondas have deceleration fuel cut, so what you are wanting to acheive is not possible, unless you get a ecu chipped and tuned for that specific purpose.

That was sarcasm. Old plugs will make it miss not backfire.
                        damn u burst my bubble oh well guess ill just cut my headers as a last resort
                        Last edited by accordftw; 11-05-2009, 02:11 AM.

Comment

It does sound pretty cool but all in all its not something you need. especially when it hurts you car. juts like I<3MyHonda said...its not good for you car.

do run some big ass pipes if you want a loud sound or get a nice deep exhaust if you want a nice sound. not too loud but noticeable + a deep sound I think are good. especially compared to those loud ass cars.

Comment

[QUOTE=MyDianaZ06;2289978]It does sound pretty cool but all in all its not something you need. especially when it hurts you car. juts like I<3MyHonda said...its not good for you car.

do run some big ass pipes if you want a loud sound or get a nice deep exhaust if you want a nice sound. not too loud but noticeable + a deep sound I think are good. especially compared to those loud ass cars.[

good advice ill take it into consideration

Comment

A backfire is a malfunction.

Asking how to do this is like asking "how do I make my tires make that flop-flop-flop sound?"

Comment

Working...
                              X