Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ugh!!! Omfg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh!!! Omfg

Ok so im going to vent here... the other day im out looking for another job because I got my hours cut at my current one. Well i notice im low on gas (im in my cb) so I pull into the gas station up ahead. Pulling upto the pump i see one of those bumps they use to fill the gas. Didnt think anything of it ive went over plenty of them before and nothing bad.. Well not this time, i heard a loud scrape and once i was completely over it *pop* my exhaust got 100 times louder. I shut the car off look underneath and my downpipe is completely ripped from the flex pipe.. F'ing GREAT! so i get gas and start it up. HOLY SHIT it is loud as hell. Im just so pissed cuz im broke as hell... hence why i was out job hunting. UGH well thanks for reading my rant.

later.
    ** BUY MY STUFF **

Originally posted by 93tunerofdacb7 View Post
    Ok so im going to vent here... the other day im out looking for another job because I got my hours cut at my current one. Well i notice im low on gas (im in my cb) so I pull into the gas station up ahead. Pulling upto the pump i see one of those bumps they use to fill the gas. Didnt think anything of it ive went over plenty of them before and nothing bad.. Well not this time, i heard a loud scrape and once i was completely over it *pop* my exhaust got 100 times louder. I shut the car off look underneath and my downpipe is completely ripped from the flex pipe.. F'ing GREAT! so i get gas and start it up. HOLY SHIT it is loud as hell. Im just so pissed cuz im broke as hell... hence why i was out job hunting. UGH well thanks for reading my rant.

later.
    it broke completely off?
    i cant imagin the noise cuz i had a quarter sized hole in my flex pipe and that was annoying! im out of a job too so i dont drive mine but keep your head up and dont let a broken exhaust get you down bro.
    clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
    Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

definitely ask around for a spare downpipe

Be Clean

Comment

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure they have a repair kit that is basically mesh and clamps. It's temporary of course.

Comment

damn dude that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by 93tunerofdacb7 View Post

later.
            happened to me, i had to drive from mpls to chicago with open headers. i couldnt hear anything at all for an hour

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
              happened to me, i had to drive from mpls to chicago with open headers. i couldnt hear anything at all for an hour
              lmao wow makes my situation look minor.. but yea im going to finally look at it tomarrow, ive been so pissed off about it that i didnt even want to mess with it.
              ** BUY MY STUFF **

Comment

Take it to an exhaust shop and get it welded back up. It's not that big of a deal.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I had my new flex pipe installed for $80 bucks. So just to weld yours, shouldn't be too expensive.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                  -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

That sucks, but you could prob go to a junkyard with 10 bucks, and go take a downpipe of some other cb. Im unsure what the cost of the the two gaskets are-but Im confident they'll be rather inexpensive. So dont sweat it man, its an easy fix

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

Gotta take the good with the bad bro. Thats what happens when your car is too low. Good luck on the job thing dont let that get you down. Gotta have some hours than no hours try to find a second job dont quit the one you have now that way you can double cake it.

As long as you dont have any time conflict with the other job and time to rest in between Its better than around my way. I know people who dont have jobs around my way. Its like they rather not probably on public assistance or worse cause of criminal records. So they take the easy way out.

Comment

Working...
                      X