Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wtf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtf

my car just died on me on the free way watt could be the prob. with it it has
    juice in the battery is it the fuel pump ?
    FROM L.A. TO KILL TOWN BABY

We can't tell you. Because all we know is that it has juice in the battery. Tell us more, and we might be able to help.

Common causes for a car shutting off while driving are:

Ignition coil
    Igniter
    Bad grounds (less likely)
    Loose/dirty battery connections
    Bad gas
    Fuel pump

There are probably a few more... but give a little more information so we can help. Otherwise... it's a waste of anyone's time to even try.

Comment

little vague on the details yo. heres a dumb question, did you run out of gas? when you turn the key on, does the check engine light come on for a few seconds?

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

does it crank fast or does it crank slow. have you taken the fuel line loose to see if there is fuel pressure or fuel present at all. Or maybe you rout of gas. ne3ed more details
        h23a3 lxinks

Comment

sorry about that had a half a tank of gas and the only light that came on was oil but the light came on as soon as the car cutt off it was driving smooth before it cutt off
          FROM L.A. TO KILL TOWN BABY

Comment

thats normal since the engine shut off

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Fuel pump or alternator?

Rule out the alternator if the batterys good.
              I'd check the fuel pressure and go from there

Comment

You should check the timing belt just to be on the safe side

Comment

check your distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires.

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

did you run it out of gas again racing someone?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post

Does the gas gauge go all the way to E? I've run out of gas in a Cavalier because the gauge was off.

Check the free fixes first. Make sure the battery cables are totally clean and tight. I've had my car shut off due to loose cables in the past. It wouldn't restart until I disconnected and reconnected the positive cable.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Does the gas gauge go all the way to E? I've run out of gas in a Cavalier because the gauge was off.

Check the free fixes first. Make sure the battery cables are totally clean and tight. I've had my car shut off due to loose cables in the past. It wouldn't restart until I disconnected and reconnected the positive cable.
                        You ran out of gas in a cavalier because god punished you for driving a fucking cavalier.

Comment

Main relay or dizzy would be the most likely causes
                          There could be other causes too, but I'd check those first -

Do you have spark, fuel, compression, and is your static timing correct?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            hahaha
                            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

My battery cable pops off on a regular basis and my car stays on, I don't think that could be the problem. The alternator keeps it running

Underground.Society
                              Originally posted by Deevergote
                              If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

Working...
                              X