Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cigarette smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cigarette smokers

i finally decided i want to kick the habit but i dont really know how to kick it... i mean i want to stop smoking and start living healthy bfor it bcomes a major problem, its like almost everything i do involves a smoke even working on the hulk involves a pack... just wanna see some ideas of how u guys are kicking the habit...
    clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
    Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

I've tried several ways - Cold turkey, cutting down, patches, gum.
    But all of those ways ended up with me smoking again within 1 week.

I went to a hypnotherapist in Jan this year and stopped, I did start again 3 months later but that was the longest period I have gone w/o smoking since I started.
    He told me that:
    85% of people stop smoking after 1 session
    10% of people have a couple of smokes and go back for a 2nd session within 3 months ( Of which only 0.5% of that 10% start smoking again after the 2nd session)
    5% of people start smoking again reguardless.

All in all that works out to a total of 5.5% fail rate, which is damn good as far as I can see.

I seriously plan on going back again soon. I hate smoking, but feel like I have to

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      I've tried several ways - Cold turkey, cutting down, patches, gum.
      But all of those ways ended up with me smoking again within 1 week.

I went to a hypnotherapist in Jan this year and stopped, I did start again 3 months later but that was the longest period I have gone w/o smoking since I started.
      He told me that:
      85% of people stop smoking after 1 session
      10% of people have a couple of smokes and go back for a 2nd session within 3 months ( Of which only 0.5% of that 10% start smoking again after the 2nd session)
      5% of people start smoking again reguardless.

All in all that works out to a total of 5.5% fail rate, which is damn good as far as I can see.

I seriously plan on going back again soon. I hate smoking, but feel like I have to
      daym hypnosis?
      clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

you can feed the nicotine craving and stave it off but there is also the mechanical addiction, holding something in your hand, having a cig in your mouth.

A toothpick may work,
        fake cig may help

But there is a nicotine inhaler shaped like a cig, a long time smoker friend of mine (dude is in his 50's and has been smoking since his early teens) said it did the best. He didn't like the gum, one the flavor and two it didn't help his craving of holding something in his hand/lip

I wouldn't try elect. cigs as they will only feed your nicotine habit and not help you break from it.

my .02
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          you can feed the nicotine craving and stave it off but there is also the mechanical addiction, holding something in your hand, having a cig in your mouth.

A toothpick may work,
          fake cig may help

But there is a nicotine inhaler shaped like a cig, a long time smoker friend of mine (dude is in his 50's and has been smoking since his early teens) said it did the best. He didn't like the gum, one the flavor and two it didn't help his craving of holding something in his hand/lip

I wouldn't try elect. cigs as they will only feed your nicotine habit and not help you break from it.

my .02
          thats it!! im googlin the shit rite now!
          clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7

Comment

Quitting is really all in your head. It's a matter of willpower. I had tried all types of things and nothing worked for me except not having another smoke. As with any addiction, you have to be strong enough to not continue the behavior. One day I just stopped lighting up again and stuck to it. The craving will eventually let up, but almost two years later I still have times that I want a cigarette.

If you really want to quit, just remember that that feeling will pass and don't have a smoke. It's the easiest and hardest thing in the world to do.

Comment

I agree with the "will power" idea. I am not a long time smoker and maybe this makes my situation different. I've only smoke Newports for almost 2 years and with the birth of m son I decided to quit. I still get cravings but I just won't buy another pack. It's not easy, I used to buy packs but now just buy a single cigarette every couple days. I am starting to dislike the odor, taste and site of cigarettes again. One day at a time.

Comment

The only way to do it is to just do it. I'm not a smoker, but I've broken plenty of bad habits in the past, as well as shed a good deal of weight (something nearly as difficult to do, and nearly as difficult to keep up with...)

Set your mind that you want to quit. Put yourself in a situation where the temptation is not there (like other smokers), and where cigarettes are not easily available. The urge is much easier to resist when you have to go out of your way to satisfy it.

Try to do things that you don't normally do. Developing a routine that isn't tied to smoking will help keep the cravings away. If getting healthy is part of the goal, start a new exercise routine. It'll keep your mind and body occupied, it won't be something previously associated with smoking, and it will help improve your health.
                Running is a good thing to do. You'll see just how bad cigs are for you when you try to run, and start wheezing like an old man. Focus on running further each time you try, and you'll soon begin to hate smoking because of the obvious effects on your ability to run.

The chemical addiction is what causes the worst cravings, but it's actually the mechanical addiction that is most difficult to break!

Comment

I look at it this way,,,

I have never smoked or did any type of drugs other than I used to be a HUGE drinker ,,I was and am still a metalhead and back in the day and it was tough I guess the one thing that made me quit was my little girl looking at me and saying "daddy are you ok you look sick " I don't know what it was but that small innocent question just smacked me hard as he** and it just made me look at the whole situation differently. I guess I look at it like this cigarettes cost alot of money and why pay to literally kill yourself?? I am not saying it will be easy ,,I mean it was tough for me to quit drinking but I did it,,heck I don't even crave a corona ,,nothing,, since I have stopped all those years ago I have felt healthier and I know it can be done,,all that is needed is to look in the mirror and ask yourself what type of life you want to live and if this is how you want to go at it. I hope that realizing the cons of the matter definitely outweigh the pros because there are none.

Comment

switch to crack!

Comment

Originally posted by wagonz View Post
                      switch to crack!
                      Are you offering? hehe.

It is hard. I quit twice, once after high school (I started smoking when I was 12). Then I started up in college (what else is there to do in between classes?) Both times, it involved finding something else to do. I used to buy cinnamon sticks to chew on, for the oral addiction. The first time around, the nicotine addiction wasn't so bad. The second time around, I smoked for 8 years or so, and that took some doing. Every time I wanted a smoke, (I'd keep a few cigarette butts in a ziplock bag) open that fucker up and take a nice deep breath. You know, they kind of smell like piss if you do that enough. I kept that thought in my mind, along with all of the promises of food tasting better, no more smoke breath, stuff like that. Just have to coach yourself through it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Running is a good thing to do. You'll see just how bad cigs are for you when you try to run, and start wheezing like an old man. Focus on running further each time you try, and you'll soon begin to hate smoking because of the obvious effects on your ability to run.
                        This is true. Atleast for me. Ive started a weightloss regimen and ive been running/exercising and im starting to dislike sweets, ice cream and heavy, fatty meals, cuz i know itll slow down/ruin my goal.

Originally posted by wagonz View Post
                        switch to crack!
                        >.>
                        <.<

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

willpower lots of it, I stopped 10 months ago . I did it cold turkey, only way to truly quit, it's hard to do but anyone can quit . It's just a matter of are you willing to or not. And I smoked for 22 years.

Plus look at it this way , you will be healthier , smell better, and have more money to spend on the cb7
                          needing a new project got rid of bagged S10 going back to Honda's

Comment

I'm in the process of quiting myself... I just bought a new 2009 honda fit, before I bought it I swore to myself that I would not smoke in it. I've kept my promise, and its helping me cut back, i keep "non-nicotine" gum in my car, and when I want a smoke, I just chew on a piece or two.

Personally, I find the best time to quit is when you are sick, when it hurts to smoke, and you get reminders of how nasty they really are. Sleep is also a formidable weapon. The strongest physical withdrawals are the first 24 hours, after that its primarily in your head.

You are stronger then the nicotine! Always remember that, finding good motivation / reward for yourself (besides the fact of quiting smoking) can also help. (example: think of all the options for pussy you can get once you quit smoking)
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

nicotine causes chemical addiction...it is not just "willpower" you must break both mental and chemical addiction
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X