Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Freshest cb7 under the sun??!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freshest cb7 under the sun??!?

Ok, so im driving home from Richmond, and I see this SWEET dark blue 92 sedan, lookin fresh and baddd as hell at a used car dealership. So I call the place up to get some info and the guy said its got 69k miles. My jaw dropped to my cb7s flo when I heard that number. Paint=Fresh, no rust-even in the honda cancer spots, no dents or scratches, AND ITS A 5 SPEED!!! The guy said if it were an automatic it woulda sold 50 times over but he cant get rid of the thing!!! They want 3800 for it but i bet i could get it for 3 on the spot, im thinkin about selling my 2 and getting it if its an EX and I can get it for 3k. What do you guys think?

'92 EX 5-spd Sedan - Odometer reads 215k with 195k on my JDM SOHC F20A.

'92 DX 5-spd Coupe - Had bad times soon after buying with brakes and water pump (only paid 700 tho), Ran awesome then water pump went bad! F22A1
    Needs: Water Pump and Timing belt (have parts) Front control arms at 200k, e-brake adjustment, mad body work, drop.

Bought from: Slick, STL_92_Accord, TASPRO

Do you have any pics? Also, I would do a carfax report on it just to make sure it's legit, but it sounds like a nice car

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Pics?

There might be a reason no one will buy it. Such as the fresh paint. It may have been in a wreck or flood and have a salvage title.

Id check the title before going any further with it.

Also a test drive wouldn't hurt.

Comment

If its an EX, thats not a bad price. Did it have leather? Its getting harder and harder to find cherry cbs like that...good luck with the haggling!

Comment

Nah i dont think its leather, no pics cuz we were passing it goin about 65 and I havent been back around that area in a while. Its legit, no flooding or wreck, it was a stock color, garage kept, 1 owner, CB7 MEANEST

'92 DX 5-spd Coupe - Had bad times soon after buying with brakes and water pump (only paid 700 tho), Ran awesome then water pump went bad! F22A1
          Needs: Water Pump and Timing belt (have parts) Front control arms at 200k, e-brake adjustment, mad body work, drop.

Comment

sounds like a good ass cb, but ya got to think , is it really worth selling your car for another of the same model ?

even tho its "clean" car it could have had problems ,

i would check carfax, and ask the guy a few question's

i would also ask how long has he had it

it may have really low miles , i would wonder why someone would just give it away so early , who knew what happened in those miles

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
              Pics?

There might be a reason no one will buy it. Such as the fresh paint. It may have been in a wreck or flood and have a salvage title.

Id check the title before going any further with it.

Also a test drive wouldn't hurt.

I don't think a dealership can legally sell a car that has a salvage title...Not positive on that.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                sounds like a good ass cb, but ya got to think , is it really worth selling your car for another of the same model ?

even tho its "clean" car it could have had problems ,

i would check carfax, and ask the guy a few question's

i would also ask how long has he had it

it may have really low miles , i would wonder why someone would just give it away so early , who knew what happened in those miles
                Dealers get fresh cars like that all the time from police impound auctions, or other auctions. after 1 test drive i would be able to tell if its legit. I mean really, how messed up coulda CB be after only 69k??!? Especially since I bought mine ghetto rigged and FUCKED UP with 210k and I still LOVE IT

Comment

One thing that ya always got to remember tho...even tho thats a pretty sweet soundin car, and not a bad deal, you dont know the car. Even if your car has more problems than is worth fixing, at least you know what they are. Course, with less than 70k on it, its hard to imagine what could be wrong with a honda...Im just saying.

Comment

if it is really that clean and everything works and checks out mechanically, i'd give him 3K and a handjob

if it's that nice of a car, the sob may last for another 20 years without any major maintenance
                    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

My point EXACTLY Ricky. I am feenin' to get this ride- imagine one that fresh loaded up with suspension, swap, and turbo?!? You'd be smokin 2000+ V6 accords like they were bogged down diesel VW Rabbits from back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyNome92 View Post
                        My point EXACTLY Ricky. I am feenin' to get this ride- imagine one that fresh loaded up with suspension, swap, and turbo?!? You'd be smokin 2000+ V6 accords like they were bogged down diesel VW Rabbits from back in the day
                        we found a merkur xr4ti that was 100% original with 13K miles on it when i was 17. 1985 model, would have went for 10,000 to anyone who knew about them. old lady traded it to us for a set of new tires from my dad's shop.

there are diamonds in the rough no doubt but hell, i've seen average CB7s go for 3-4K at dealers around here, they're still some of the most dependable cars ever built. i treat mine like shit and it is still a great car, poor thing.

don't think i'd mod it though, i'd have to go for the clean OEM look at least for a little while. think i've seen more turbo cb7s than super clean, low mileage all OEM cb7s
                        ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Pics

Anyone got pics of a stock Dark Blue CB7, I can't picture this or was this a SE color

Sorry,never mind just went through my CB meet pics and seen about 10
                          Last edited by puzzlevil; 06-29-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

nah, not an se color, seen plenty lxs with the stock dark metallic blue, no pics tho

Comment

69k 0n the motor or chassis ?

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                              - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

Working...
                              X