Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MKIII Jetta VR6 Opinions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5gwagon View Post
    ive put like 4 engines in my accords this year, still same one in my vw, 2 axles in my accord. one in my vw.
    maintence is more? i didnt realize oil cost more for a vw. change the timing belt/chain every 80k miles or so keep oil in it and its just as reliable as a stupid honda. if you get a 96+ get vag-com best software ever.
    just wait till the VW produces some electrical gremlins.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ive had my gti for over a year now, still havent had any electrical problems besides my plate light going out cost a whopping 99 cents plus tax to fix

Comment

Ive had my gti for over a year now, still havent had any electrical problems besides my plate light going out cost a whopping 99 cents plus tax to fix

Well, he did say just wait...

And what year is this GTI you speak so highly of?

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

The oldschool GTI was reliable... most oldschool VWs were pretty solid. It's just the new ones that tend to have major electrical issues. That's one reason I didn't end up getting an Audi S4.

Comment

Originally posted by HybridKyle View Post
            Well, he did say just wait...

And what year is this GTI you speak so highly of?
            03 gti 20th anniversary

Comment

1.8T?

Problems are common with them, but they're badass when they work properly!

Comment

03 gti 20th anniversary

But this is my point.....of course you haven't had to put a motor in your VW

IT'S A 2003,
                YOUR ACCORD IS ALMOST 20 YEARS OLD!!!!

You're comparing apples to oranges, if you had a 03 Accord then your points would be valid...

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

There really isn't a comparison... unless I missed it. VWs are known to have electrical problems. Not all of them, obviously... but I've known quite a few that have. In fact... EVERY VW I've ever known has had major electrical issues!

Comment

JAJAJAJAJAJA i know man RESPECT! Well i got offerd a 96 Jetta vr6 and turn the deal down im not changing never EVERRRRRRRRRRR my cb scene! CBs FTMW!!!!im hopefully getting a 90-91 cb Ex soon. Since there like hard to find in texas in good conditions.
                    Originally posted by semitas View Post
                    vw's suck, everytime some comes in with a weird looking part for their car, we already know its a vw, and usually we dont have it, they be like "we have been to all the part stores and no one has it" or if we do have it, it can only be used on vws so its expensive, i think spark plug wires for a vr6 are like 100+ or so, and you can mess the engine up if you take the plugs out the wrong way,

yo dude dont get into all the hipe man, european cars are excellent, when it comes to performance, but when it comes to maintenace and reliability-- they are horrendous,

some japanese cars perform better than them and are still cheaper to fix,
                    i had a co-worker that was into nothing but vws and his dad was the owner of the company, so you know he had money, so if you are going to get one just get your wallet ready too

and what happend to getting a blue SI,???????? oh snaps here we go again

lol

^^^^ loco tu sabes que tenia que hacerlo!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

True man i just saw the mkiii that i got offered and it looked nice from the outside and engine bay but it already had the CEL light on with 101k on it. I just did a trip from Atlanta GA to Dallas TX in my CB EX 5spd with 273k and it drove like it was a trip to the groceries store so smooth even being on coilovers.! I also got 517miles to the gallon on plus gasoline.Thats all i ever put in my cars.
                      Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      There really isn't a comparison... unless I missed it. VWs are known to have electrical problems. Not all of them, obviously... but I've known quite a few that have. In fact... EVERY VW I've ever known has had major electrical issues!

Comment

I used to have a mk3 gti with the vr6 and sold it to my buddy. as much hassle it was on sumthings i still miss the thing. the afermarket parts ran me on dough but thats eip tuning for yuh. anyways I had sum small electrical but with me being knowledgable on that shit it wasnt anything drastic. plus nothing sounds like a vr6, idc what any1 says a vr6 with a nice exhaust is a tone of its own!
                        Ohio CB7's Midwest CB7's Ohioaccords.com
                        "tellin you dude nacho dick cheese is on the rise! soon it'll be next to spam on shelves!"

92 lx sedan- JY heaven
                        93 Ex still getn stuff in an out
                        02 Avalanche

Comment

Working...
                        X