Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MKIII Jetta VR6 Opinions!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKIII Jetta VR6 Opinions!!!

Well reason of me asking this question was because 5years ago i got a 96 Jetta 2.0 5speed for free from my dad. It wasent my first car at that time i had a 90 Accord Ex Coupe with a h22a1 and stock f22a4 tranny and i was in loved with my CB thing was that i didnt know of this site, so i dint really pay attention to the jetta but i always wanted a jetta. 1 year ago after selling 2 cd5 sedans automatic i bought a 97 2.8 VR6 5speed Jetta. It was nice black leather seats bbs wheels and it was a Trek Edition to me it was a jump to luxury from a CB7 EX. The only two downfall from the VR6 was that it needed major bodywork and had a few electrical wiring problems nothing to do with the engine tho. Well after 2weeks of owning it i sold it and bought me a 91 Accord Lx Coupe 5speed with a sunroof! Well im thinkn of getting one again and this time keeping it. I just want to know what you guys think of the car and whos ever own one so they can give me there point of view! And sorry for the long story im just trying to make things clear of why im asking this question.

Comment

I'd be scared of the reliability man... German cars...

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You really think there not reliable? i always tought they were a bit more reliable?
        Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        I'd be scared of the reliability man... German cars...

Comment

jettas Mk3's are pretty notorious with electrical problems. like windows, lights, ign. switch, etc.

my friend has one. and i've been helping him for over a year trying to figure out the problems.

and everything on it is expensive especially the maintenance

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

I've seen about 10 cars on fire in my lifetime. 9 of them were Volkswagens. I happened to be in one of them.

That's all I can say... because I really can't understand a damn word of your first post.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              I've seen about 10 cars on fire in my lifetime. 9 of them were Volkswagens. I happened to be in one of them.

That's all I can say... because I really can't understand a damn word of your first post.

My sister had an old Golf... that was a heap

Also those cars have no back seats. Friend of mine had an MKIV Jetta, she was a little 5' 5" chick... I had to sit behind her, no damn room. Strangely though another friend of mine had an MKIII GTI and I don't remember his car being cramped. I DO remember having to push his car down the block though, cause his battery died (he had a system though but still, I never killed my battery when I had a system)

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

if they were more reliable, i would own a volkswagon. if you want reliability its not going to be with that car.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post

My sister had an old Golf... that was a heap

Also those cars have no back seats. Friend of mine had an MKIV Jetta, she was a little 5' 5" chick... I had to sit behind her, no damn room. Strangely though another friend of mine had an MKIII GTI and I don't remember his car being cramped. I DO remember having to push his car down the block though, cause his battery died (he had a system though but still, I never killed my battery when I had a system)
                  My friend had a MKIV 1.8T. Went through 3 batteries in a year, and we could never figure out why. Bone stock.

I once saw a Passat explode. Jumped 3' off the ground.

Comment

Wow idk what to say.lol! My experience and a couple of buddies were actually not that. It mostly consisted of bad wiring switches and little things. But dang it made me re-think about getting one.

Comment

My bad deev i really tried to make it clear i guess i fail!
                      Originally posted by deevergote. View Post

Comment

As far as reliability goes nothing compares to a CB7. My CB has 274k original engine and has never let me down. Im just trying to get a diffrent project and the only car other than a CB I would get is a mkIII sedan not a golf i dont like them!
                        Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                        if they were more reliable, i would own a volkswagon. if you want reliability its not going to be with that car.

Comment

I think the VR6 Jettas are good man. My friend had a mk3 vr6 and he let me drive it and those things pull pretty good man. They are nice cars.

Comment

Yea man i know thats the same MKIII i had with the VR6 but i didn get to drive it much!
                            Originally posted by TEDDY_H22A View Post
                            I think the VR6 Jettas are good man. My friend had a mk3 vr6 and he let me drive it and those things pull pretty good man. They are nice cars.

Comment

it seems almost everyone thats posted is against this jetta..

but its all on you man if you want it im sure you can work with it and make it nice it very well could be a project...

but ive had 2 jettas.. a 94 and a 95 . both trannys went out and i always had at least one of the dashboards taken out... and torn apart..

there fun cars though i like em i just didnt like workin on it.. lol

i love my CB!

Comment

Working...
                              X