Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1989 Nissan 240SX with Nissan SR20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Nissan 240SX with Nissan SR20

Hey Guys and girls, I am posting this here cause its not a Cb7 and its not about my car.

We recently impounded a 1989 Nissan 240SX with a Nissan SR20 Engine swap in it and a Nissan Silva front clip on it. The owner signed over the title to us. So I was wondering what would be a fair price on it? Cause my boss said come back to him with an reasonable offer and it can be mine...but thats my problem.

With everything that is done to it, what is a reasonable offer?

is the Nissan SR20 engine Swap our verison of the H22 swap in the Cb7's?

well h22s have a bigger displacement.

id say 2500 not more for the nissan. sr20s are boosted, h22s arnt.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
      We recently impounded a 1989 Nissan 240SX
      Are you a police officer?

Or a tow truck driver?
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

an 89 in good shape runs about 900-1000...depending on miles and HIGHLY depending on shape...from kbb.com
        an 89 with 190k miles is
        955 in excellent (NO 89 240 you find will ever be in excellent shape)
        850 good shape

Most people don't swap sr20de's...they swap sr20-det's....the turbo motor...it has like 200hp I think stock...no quotes. great potential

the sr20de has like...145-150hp...the ka24de has 150, ka24e has like 145...so that isn't really an upgrade. Ka has iron block...sr aluminum.

You basically have the same hp but higher revving engine...I'm gonna assume you'll now need higher octane fuel cause I'm sure it's higher compression

...it's a good engine don't get me wrong...but I'd either swap the STOCK turbo engine or build the ka...not swap the regular sr20. my .02

I would actually pay less since you don't know what wasn't done right...and since it isn't the stock turbo engine...you've got a n/a stock car...nothing special.

The front conversion...eh...adds a tad.

If it was in REALLY good clean shape...1000 not much more...maybe 1005.99...at most

if it IS an sr20det...1250...I dunno I've seen 'em go pretty high...but that's stupid. Find out how much an sr20det costs...add it to 800...offer that. IF it's truly an sr20det with all OEM parts
        ____

Comment

I am neither, I work at an Impound yard on the weekends, when i am not at my primary job...its just a unique place to work at. I process the cars as they come in, do all of the paper work, contact TWIX and all of that good stuff.

Well the body is straight and the silva converison threw me for a loop. but the fuilds are the proper colors and everything seems to be OK.

Comment

a full sr20det swap will cost you anywhere from $2000-$2500 and $1000 more if a shop performs the swap.. the car with a clean body and no/blown motor will run around $500-$1000. the silvia front end conversion is another $800-$1000. so u can do the math.. its anywhere from $3300-$5000 remember, thats the cost if you went out and got everything seperately and how good of a deal you can find.. if u ask me.. for not knowing who did the work and how well it was done, id offer nothing over 2500 which is still enough to get yer money back if you decide to sell or part the car out later.. lol

Comment

The good thing is that the impound yard doesn't really care about the mods. It's just a 1989 car to them! offer $1500 and see what they say... maybe less.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                The good thing is that the impound yard doesn't really care about the mods. It's just a 1989 car to them! offer $1500 and see what they say... maybe less.
                yeah. low ball because its nothing special. but 1k for an sr20 240 is low.
                To be completely honest, KBB amounts worth of a car, but not the worth by demand. Here in FL, 240's go for 1k without a motor/tranny.

I would offer 1k-1.5k to see if you can get it. even the sr20de has potential. sentra Spec V's have FWD Sr20de's and some of them can keep up to H22 CB's

Comment

guys...he never said det...it's just an sr20de...nothing special...this isn't even like an h22 swapped accord...it's less than that.

the ONLY thing adding value is the silvia front end...it's not worth a lot of cash man...you can get that front end swap for cheap...but whatever
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    guys...he never said det...it's just an sr20de...nothing special...this isn't even like an h22 swapped accord...it's less than that.

the ONLY thing adding value is the silvia front end...it's not worth a lot of cash man...you can get that front end swap for cheap...but whatever
                    umm. no yer wrong too.. he never specified which sr20de(t) was swapped in.. therefore, i used my common sense to guess it was the sr20det coz no one in their right mind would toss in a sr20de over their original ka24 unless they had no other choice.. that would be a waste of time and money.. so, since its not that practical for someone to do it, i figured the previous owner thought the same thing.. how bout we just ask the op.. how bout it ragingasian, please be more specific as to which motor was swapped in so we can all stop this madness.. lol

Comment

If you can get that thing for a g....GET IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NinJa_FLiP View Post
                        umm. no yer wrong too.. he never specified which sr20de(t) was swapped in.. therefore, i used my common sense to guess it was the sr20det coz no one in their right mind would toss in a sr20de over their original ka24 unless they had no other choice.. that would be a waste of time and money.. so, since its not that practical for someone to do it, i figured the previous owner thought the same thing.. how bout we just ask the op.. how bout it ragingasian, please be more specific as to which motor was swapped in so we can all stop this madness.. lol
                        i would swap an N/A Sr20 into a 240 over the KA.... it's different, has a higher redline and has just s much aftermarket backup as the KA. but it's not a 240 motor so the aftermarket parts might even cost less than normal.

Kinda like swapping an F20B Vtec over an H22. It has it's reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                          i would swap an N/A Sr20 into a 240 over the KA.... it's different, has a higher redline and has just s much aftermarket backup as the KA. but it's not a 240 motor so the aftermarket parts might even cost less than normal.

Kinda like swapping an F20B Vtec over an H22. It has it's reasons.
                          true, but its far less common.. just like some people throw in the ca18det, its out there, but far less common than the sr20det.. people who swap those motors are either broke, or they want to be different..

Comment

Originally posted by NinJa_FLiP View Post
                            I thought he said it was an sr20de but the de wasn't there after reading again...

I'm not all wrong cause he did not say it WAS the det...you assume it is...being turbo is something most folks would have pointed out so I assume it is not.

You are wrong because you shouldn't assume the way you do things is the way someone else does.

PLENTY of folks in there right mind swap the sr20de in all the time..also the n/a ca18...as well as det versions of both those engine. so you are incorrect

the op hasn't responded...it isn't madness its an internet forum...chill out...not life and dead man
                            ____

Comment

damm if i just didnt spend hella i'd roll out there and get it

Comment

Working...
                              X