Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

any good import mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any good import mags?

Okay I know that there's Import Tuner, Super Street, and a few other top label import magazines out there now, but what I've been noticing is that alot of those magazines are featuring high end vehicles with $50k invested in them. I'm a realist and I wanna see real (reasonably attainable, CBs for example!) cars built by real people, not companies. To get to the point, are there any good import magazines like I've described? And if so, where can I get my hands on any?
    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Honda Tuning
    Project Car

... are the only two I even bother opening.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Where do you usually get Honda Tuning? and is Project Car still making mags? I haven't seen any lately.
      We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
      Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

I get them both at WalMart.
        Haven't bought Project Car in a while, but I read Honda Tuning yesterday while my fiance was getting new shorts for work.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

i havent seen honda tunning lately but i think they are only releasing every 2 months now but i could be wrong .... i have seen project car everytime i go to the book store

Comment

CB7tuner Magazine... eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
              CB7tuner Magazine... eventually...
              Can't wait.

And Project Car only comes out every three months or so. The latest one I've seen is Honda VS Nissan.. Haven't read it yet though.
              Originally posted by chessboxer
              We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
              Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

is Ricky Chu still in charge of Project Car?

I've always wanted to pick it up, and I never have...

Comment

is Ricky Chu still in charge of Project Car?

I've always wanted to pick it up, and I never have...
                  I'm not sure..It has a lot of good information for the average DIY'er.

A while back they boosted a D16 swapped CRX with the majority of the parts being found at junkyards. Then they put it up against a B18 swapped Civic hatch and blew it's doors off.

Project Car is a really good read I'd recomend it to anyone.
                  Originally posted by chessboxer
                  We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                  Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
                    I'm not sure..It has a lot of good information for the average DIY'er.

Project Car is a really good read I'd recomend it to anyone.
                    ^ I'll have to agree. I think IT's GREAT. I pick up the new issues every chance I get. It is a very informative magazine.

Comment

project car is pathetic. i dont even bother picking it off the shelf. they spend like 5-6k in cars and get like 50 extra horse and some looks. i always pic up dcsports or superstreet. cus maybe if they pour so much money into their cars, it still gives u an good idea of what you want to go with.

i wish they made a mag with like 2-3 grand budget cars. like civics with h22 swaps and bolt ons, and like cbs with dsm turbo kits. and 240s with sr20 swaps with turbo upgrades. you know something all the lower class could afford.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                        project car is pathetic. i dont even bother picking it off the shelf. they spend like 5-6k in cars and get like 50 extra horse and some looks. i always pic up dcsports or superstreet. cus maybe if they pour so much money into their cars, it still gives u an good idea of what you want to go with.

i wish they made a mag with like 2-3 grand budget cars. like civics with h22 swaps and bolt ons, and like cbs with dsm turbo kits. and 240s with sr20 swaps with turbo upgrades. you know something all the lower class could afford.
                        Like Project Car?

Comment

Like Project Car?
                          their budgets are like 5grand on every car
                          miss my turbo cb7
                          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Working...
                          X