Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Schoolbus racing goes bad at my local circle track.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schoolbus racing goes bad at my local circle track.

This track is less than ten minutes from my house. I watched many races here as a kid, and they have a thing on weekends where you can pay to play. For a small fee, you can race some other guys pre-prepped subcompact for a few laps.

By Donna Willis
    Web Content Coordinator
    Published: May 23, 2009

HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, Ohio—Nearly a dozen people continued to recover after two buses collided, slammed into a concrete barrier and sent concrete shrapnel into the stands at Columbus Motor Speedway late Saturday.

Some 3,500 people packed the stands for a night of fun and excitement.

During an event called Crash-A-Rama, two modified school buses were involved in one of the derby-style races.

The incident happened at about 10:35 p.m. at the Southeast Side track off of Williams Road.

The buses collided, lost control and crashed into the wall separating the track from the audience.

Concrete shrapnel went flying into the stands.

Officials said 11 people, six of them juveniles, were injured and taken to area hospitals. Two were taken in critical condition. Columbus fire officials said they believe all six juveniles have been released.

One of the dozen injured was Melanie Gibson’s brother.

“They called me. They said two demolition-derby school buses from the crash derby today had went through the wall at Columbus Motor Speedway. He said, there are multiples injured, including my one brothers, complaining of his leg,” Gibson said.

Whiting said the racetrack is located in Hamilton Township.

The fire department there called for assistance almost immediately when it became clear that the impact of buses into a wall had caused multiple injuries.

A witness said the buses were involved in the Figure 8 race, crash-derby race.

Apparently, one of the buses lost control, hooked on to another bus and both crashed into the guard wall.

The guard wall is one-foot-thick solid concrete and runs four feet high.

There are additional guardrails to ensure spectator safety.

The buses never made it through either barrier.

Track officials said they’ve been racing buses here for more than half a decade without anything like this ever happening.

In fact, they said it could have been much worse if the wall weren’t to hold.

“They seemed to have done their job because they catch fencing, and the wall did their job tonight,” the speedway’s co-owner owner Jeff Nuckles said.

Nuckles said they inspect the wall and catch fence annually to make sure they are safe and sound.

“All sorts of activities have danger, and our hearts and prayers, thoughts go out to those injured last night,” Nuckles said.

Saturday’s crash happened about five weeks after an incident in which six people suffered minor injuries when a viewing tower collapsed at the speedway.

“We have a buffer zone of some 25 to 30 feet from the concrete wall to any spectator areas so all those sorts of things we do try to minimize any sorts of injuries,” Nuckles said.

Nuckles said in the coming days, he’ll have engineers come out and evaluate the wall and if it’s determined it needs to be strengthened, he said they will.

That was like the worst possible place for that crash to happen. DAMN

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Dam Bro Really Sux To Hear N See That Video

Comment

that may be the crappiest speedway ever

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

i'm sorry , i thought semi trucks racing was weird

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

*facepalm*

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
            Originally posted by Jarrett
            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
              that may be the crappiest speedway ever
              Yeah. They really think those little walls are going to do shit?
              wat?

Comment

we do that every year as well, but our wall are bigger

this was a link,from your video

Last edited by jhoff; 05-25-2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

that race track had a great safety record , until recently.

they also had a press poduim calapse right after a safety inpection
                  WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Things happen. Sucks that people got hurt, but honestly, what happened wasn't outside the realm of possibility. It's a risk that people should be aware of and accept when they pay to be a spectator (and for minors, the parents that allow them to go should be aware).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                      Things happen. Sucks that people got hurt, but honestly, what happened wasn't outside the realm of possibility. It's a risk that people should be aware of and accept when they pay to be a spectator (and for minors, the parents that allow them to go should be aware).
                      And everyone knows, you don't sit at the turn, you sit where you can see the turn, yet be out of the path of flying debris. Maximum wreck excitement, minimum emergency room triage!

Comment

Why is this a big deal again? It's racing, school buses for christs sake. Shit like this is supposed to happen.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but it made national news for some reason, so I thought I'd post and share. We all get to make our fair share of useless threads!

Comment

Everybody knows Rally racing is 110% safer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1mwHmWq1Bg

i keed i keed! But yeah, if you are a spectator at any of these sort of events, you are taking a risk. ANYTHING can happen.
                            I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                            707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                            "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                            '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Everybody knows Rally racing is 110% safer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1mwHmWq1Bg

i keed i keed! But yeah, if you are a spectator at any of these sort of events, you are taking a risk. ANYTHING can happen. It amazes me at these sort of events, people will be 2 feet away from a speeding car behind plastic net fences or nothing at all!
                              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                              X