Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

sweet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet!!!

I have a friend of a friend that has the parts I want for my cb7. A4 header,A6 cam,ecu,tb/intake and black box. $50 WOOOOOO WHOOOOO!!! 125hp see yea!!!! 145-150HP here I come!!
    Last edited by cobra tom; 05-21-2009, 11:59 AM.

Awesome.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

You realize that's crank hp, not whp, right? Factory (and new!) the a1 laid down about 110 at the wheels in the 5 speed.

Comment

ok....

u have a Technical/Performance problem or something u wanna talk about? cuz thats whats this section if for.
        Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
        -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by cali-racer View Post
          ok....

u have a Technical/Performance problem or something u wanna talk about? cuz thats whats this section if for.
          okay.... do you have a technical/performance answer or comment?

"cuz thats whats this section if for"

Comment

You will be nowhere near 145-150 hp. If the motor was brand new and you put those parts on thats a different story. A new condition F22A1 was rated at 125 hp at the crank. Because of it being so old now, the stock F22A1 is probably around 100-110 hp at the crank. Depending on what condition your motor is in, you might see 125 hp at the crank AFTER you put those parts on.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
              You realize that's crank hp, not whp, right? Factory (and new!) the a1 laid down about 110 at the wheels in the 5 speed.
              LOL!! yes I know its crank not whp.

ok....

Beginner Technical/Performance
              Any questions regarding performance, maintenance, or repair belong here. If you want to go fast, or just change a flat... this is the place to ask!

I listed parts I got for my cb7 that increase the performance or make it go faster! According to the description of this forum Im in the right place.

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
              You will be nowhere near 145-150 hp. If the motor was brand new and you put those parts on thats a different story. A new condition F22A1 was rated at 125 hp at the crank. Because of it being so old now, the stock F22A1 is probably around 100-110 hp at the crank. Depending on what condition your motor is in, you might see 125 hp at the crank AFTER you put those parts on.

From what I seen the
              F22A1 125hp/137tq
              F22A4 130hp/142tq
              F22A6 135hp/150tq or 140hp/155tq with A4 manifold!
              5hp/5tq putting the A6 intake manifold on the A1 145hp/160tq

best case I will get 20whp/22wtq worst will be nothing. I will take it either way!!
              Last edited by cobra tom; 05-21-2009, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra tom View Post
                Beginner Technical/Performance
                Any questions regarding performance, maintenance, or repair belong here. If you want to go fast, or just change a flat... this is the place to ask!

I listed parts I got for my cb7 that increase the performance or make it go faster! According to the description of this forum Im in the right place.
                Actually, you are not even asking a question. This should be in the Off Topic section.

From what I seen the
                F22A1 125hp/137tq
                F22A4 130hp/142tq

best case I will get 20whp/22wtq worst will be nothing. I will take it either way!!
                And yes those numbers are right. On a BRAND NEW MOTOR. Your motor has lost a significant amount of power now.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                My member's ride

Comment

From what I seen the
                  F22A1 125hp/137tq
                  F22A4 130hp/142tq

The a4 exhaust manifold isn't that much different than the a6. So you can erase those ponies right off the bat. The a6 made 140 hp with it's cast header, which flows just about the same as the a4 tubular, but is heavier.

If you start with the a1, your best bet is to go with all a6 parts and take that 15 hp difference, then get an SRI and a full exhaust. But every little bit helps.

Comment

i disagree, id use the A4 manifold. i could be wrong but i think the A4 is single walled, the A6 is dual walled. personal taste but id go A4, hey 1 or 2hp difference might be worth it, but 10lbs less in weight?

get a second iab plate and make a spacer and try and grab a H23 plenum and tb on the A6 runners. then u might see 140-145hp at the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8enb07 View Post
                      i disagree, id use the A4 manifold. i could be wrong but i think the A4 is single walled, the A6 is dual walled. personal taste but id go A4, hey 1 or 2hp difference might be worth it, but 10lbs less in weight?

get a second iab plate and make a spacer and try and grab a H23 plenum and tb on the A6 runners. then u might see 140-145hp at the crank.
                      Oh, I'd run the a4, I just wouldn't count on any HP increase from it over the a6. Actually, I'd go aftermarket 421.

Comment

i have a cheap 421, i have been thinking of going to an A4. quality seems better and u know there was some engineering in it.

just what id do

F22A1 - 125hp
                        add F22A6 intake and cam. so like 135hp
                        add the F22A4 exh. manifold, so MAYBE 142hp
                        then H23 tb and upper plenum w/ spacer, maybe 149hp

thats if u had a new engine. so u might see 140hp realistically

im going off the fact the 92-93 F22A6 is rated at 140hp/147tq

Comment

Post moved. Problem fixed. Congrats on the parts.

Comment

I missed the food fight.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

ok....

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                              okay.... do you have a technical/performance answer or comment?

"cuz thats whats this section if for"

hahah. OWNED!!!! (another off-topic)

Comment

Working...
                              X